Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 07:00 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Daily Chat

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-06-2015, 07:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good morning

WI Tuesday for me today. Hate that yesterday was one of those long days with extra packets so I am not happy to WI today. Due to hockey I was up from 4:30am for practice till 11:30pm after the game. That made for 5 packets yesterday so that I ate every 3 hours...ugh. I did get all my water and supplements in so hopefully ill have a loss.... I need hockey season to be done lol...
Old 01-06-2015, 07:20 AM   #3  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Good morning

WI Tuesday for me today. Hate that yesterday was one of those long days with extra packets so I am not happy to WI today. Due to hockey I was up from 4:30am for practice till 11:30pm after the game. That made for 5 packets yesterday so that I ate every 3 hours...ugh. I did get all my water and supplements in so hopefully ill have a loss.... I need hockey season to be done lol...
Good luck at WI today! (the things we do for our kids huh?)

Good Morning everybody.. It's a cold day here in Jersey and feeling kinda meh... Just gonna bundle up, go work, keep my head down, stay OP and get through the day...

Good luck to all WI today.. lets all have a great 100% OP day!
Old 01-06-2015, 07:23 AM   #4  

sg
Just remember it's a journey with occasional hills (up AND down) and straightaways. Each weigh in is but one data point along the line. If you charted each one and drew a trend line, you'd be pleasantly surprised. And...even with 5 unrestricted, the calorie/carb content is still very low. I encourage you to celebrate your weight loss today, no matter what the scale says!!!
Old 01-06-2015, 07:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Had a 2.4lb loss over the last 2 wks and hit 75lbs total loss!!

Excited about this next New Years to Spring challenge. I'm hoping to weigh less than my DH for the first time in 15+yrs and hopefully hopefully hit 100lbs lost. OMG. That would be awesome!!

Question, several women in my neighborhood are doing a biggest loser type competition. $50 to buy in and prizes for the top 3 losers. A friend sent me a link to their last Google spreadsheet and I think I could win the biggest pot based on the numbers these ladies were getting. I easily doubled the highest percent loss. I almost feel like it would be cheating. Someone at work disagreed saying you are on a diet same as everyone else. What do you think?
Old 01-06-2015, 07:34 AM   #6  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Congrats on 75lb loss milestone!
I don't think it is cheating at all just because you are following a more effective program. Think about it - you could indirectly wind up helping them as they see your weekly weight loss, they will want to know how you are doing it and you'll probably wind up recruiting some of them to IP.
This has happened for me the last few weeks - everyone is so enthusiastic about my weight loss while seeing family and friends during the holidays. I have had no less than 6 people reach out to know more about the program, leading so far to 2 joining - and hey, I get free food from the clinic for the referrals so it is a win/win - same could be true for you!
Old 01-06-2015, 08:05 AM   #7  
Mistress of my destiny

S/C/G: 234.6/166.2/154

Height: 5'6"

There's another thread that mentioned successful maintenance involves more frequent weigh ins, among other things. I didn't want to hijack that thread since I'm nowhere near maintenance. But I admit, I'm now a daily weigher. Mostly I'm seeing a slow downward trend but on occasion, my weight is up. Sometimes as much as 2-3 lbs! I don't freak out, but it does give me a chance to evaluate what I ate, what physical activity I may have done or not done, what my weirdly hormonal body might be telling me and what I can do to change that trend. Sometimes I realize I need more water, more fiber, lower carb choices (love some of the bars!), etc. I know there are some on here that will disagree, but I think this works for me. What are the rest of you doing? And what difference does your plan (either weighers or non-weighers) make in your daily choices.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:12 AM   #8  
Mistress of my destiny

S/C/G: 234.6/166.2/154

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Had a 2.4lb loss over the last 2 wks and hit 75lbs total loss!!

Excited about this next New Years to Spring challenge. I'm hoping to weigh less than my DH for the first time in 15+yrs and hopefully hopefully hit 100lbs lost. OMG. That would be awesome!!

Question, several women in my neighborhood are doing a biggest loser type competition. $50 to buy in and prizes for the top 3 losers. A friend sent me a link to their last Google spreadsheet and I think I could win the biggest pot based on the numbers these ladies were getting. I easily doubled the highest percent loss. I almost feel like it would be cheating. Someone at work disagreed saying you are on a diet same as everyone else. What do you think?
It's not cheating. You've found a way to efficiently lose the weight. Go for it! And enjoy your winnings!
Old 01-06-2015, 09:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 335/258.5/180

I started IP on 12/12 and have lost 22 pounds! This is the first time that I have had such great success in a long time and feel totally in control of my eating. I've loved reading all of the inspirational posts here and am sure they will continue to help until I reach my goal...thanks all!
Old 01-06-2015, 10:23 AM   #10  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Good Morning:

Cold, Windy and Snowy today. Got almost 3 inches of snow on the ground. Feeling bit under the weather today also with all the flu going on. Drinking Green Tea all day today.

Finally hit the GYM yesterday. Had a great run on treadmill. Looks like knee is holding it up.

Have a nice day and stay warm.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:25 AM   #11  
IP Restart 1/4/16

S/C/G: 213.5/191.2/150

Height: 5'4.5"

Kcodrums & CenTXchk congratulations on your weight loss thus far, keep up the great work!

Cadu, the Jersey weather has got me down and feeling under the weather today as well. I went out in the cold to warm up my car and by the time I went back out to head to work it was snowing, ugh! I know weather like this usually makes me want to curl up with carbs, cocoa, and wine (not all at the same time.) But, I plan to be strong.

Good Morning Everyone! Let's strive for 100% OP today!
Old 01-06-2015, 10:28 AM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!

Had a bit of a rough day yesterday emotionally. I quit my job a couple of months ago due to stress and other issues and things just didn't "feel" right yesterday. Went and had coffee with my Mom last night and she made me feel so much better. Today is a new day and things will get better, I know they will.

Anyway, I wanted to say - Lisa, I tried the rhubarb and wow, do I *love* it! Which is really funny because I spent most of last summer trying to get rid of one stubborn rhubarb plant in my backyard, lol! I know the sucker will be back this year but this time, I'll let it grow

I've picked tomorrow as my WI day - I was doing Sunday initially for the before holidays challenge but tomorrow works better. And when I was on IP last year, Tuesdays were my WI day so I'm kind of used to the middle of the week thing.

Have a great IP day everyone!

Jo
Old 01-06-2015, 10:40 AM   #13  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Good morning, everyone!
Today is my first day back and officially checking in. About two years ago I spent about 6 months losing 70 lbs on IP. I stopped about 10 pounds short of my goal of 145lbs. I then regained all but three pounds (I'll take that small victory) over the course of the next year and a half.

I wasn't a frequent poster on here--more of a lurker. I can recall my last post being something like, I'm going to go at this now on my own counting calories. Well, that didn't work for me, so I'm back! My change in strategy this time is to be more active on this forum. I recognize many names from my first time doing IP, but since I wasn't an active participant, you likely don't recognize me. This time I would like to contribute more to the community instead of just take from it.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Emily

Last edited by benice; 01-06-2015 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:49 AM   #14  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by benice View Post
Good morning, everyone!
Today is my first day back and officially checking in. About two years ago I spent about 6 months losing 70 lbs on IP. I stopped about 10 pounds short of my goal of 145lbs. I then regained all but three pounds (I'll take that small victory) over the course of the next year and a half.

I wasn't a frequent poster on here--more of a lurker. I can recall my last post being something like, I'm going to go at this now on my own counting calories. Well, that didn't work for me, so I'm back! My change in strategy this time is to be more active on this forum. I recognize many names from my first time doing IP, but since I wasn't an active participant, you likely don't recognize me. This time I would like to contribute more to the community instead of just take from it.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Emily
I remember you! Welcome back We will conquer, one low carb step at a time
Old 01-06-2015, 10:51 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Adding a loss today, 2 pounds gone for good! Was not expecting a lot this week (thank you TOM ), in fact my home scale didn't even really move until this morning.

Long work day today with evening meetings, but I'm ready with lunch, extra cucumbers & a new restricted for snack.

Have a great IP day y'all!!
Closed Thread