General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:11 PM   #1  
300+ Chick

Smile Chris Powell Carb Cycle Plan

Hi... I am starting this plan on Monday, the classic phase..done plenty of research on this and am hooked!! This method is structure and hoping it will help on my sugar readings..am pre-diabetic....Along with weight loss...am so excited about his eating plan!!!

Is anyone doing or starting his method?

Thanks for reading or any feedback...
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 01:05 PM   #2  

Height: 6-1.5

I know I love watching his makeover show. He seems really earnest and sincear. I hope everything goes well with you.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 02:00 PM   #3  

I never have heard of this but Thank You I will do a Google search.
classykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 227/139.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

I've been in a plateau for a couple of months and I came across that plan in an attempt to break it. I did the turbo cycle for a week in December, and I did manage to get an extra lb off. This month I haven't been following any sort of plan or restrictions, not losing and hovering around the same few lbs. I want to get back in the habit of doing low carb and stick with the carb cycle for at least a month. I hope you've had some success with it so far.
circa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:30 AM   #5  
Sailing the Grand Line!

S/C/G: 255/See Sig/130

Height: 5'8"

Do you feel like to do the plan you have to have the books? I was looking into the plan online and for Powell's he plugs the books but other sites just outline the plan; could you do it without Powell's books?
Thousandsunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/195/135

Height: 5' 5"

I am starting this tomorrow and I'd love to support others on the same plan! Yes,I do think you could do it without the books- the plan is simple (not easy I 'll bet though). Maybe your library has one of his books?
cyndyjlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:04 AM   #7  
Sailing the Grand Line!

Hey Cyndyjlo! Support sounds awesome! I say we do it! Are you doing the classic, the turbo, etc? I am not sure what plan I'd choose. Also, how do you feel about the "reward meal?" Will you plan that or just see what you want that day?
Old 02-09-2015, 01:11 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/195/135

Height: 5' 5"

Right now I feel so motivated and I plan to go with turbo...I hope that I can stick with it and I am also thinking that if I want to have a reward meal on the weekend, turbo will compensate a bit for that.
This is definitely not going to be easy for me, but the hardest part might be being organized with food! I've had great success with Medifast because the food was given to me for all but one meal. I am now looking for something that will work for life for me (I think it must be different for everyone). I'm hoping that this plan will help me to develop some good habits - plus I love Chris and Heidi's positive outlooks on the show!
On Pinterest I found a few (not a lot) additional recipes that work with the plan, so that is hopeful.
Let me know what you decide!
cyndyjlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:12 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 180/180/150

Height: 5'5

I followed Chris Powell's carb plan last summer with great success - lost 8lbs the first week. 6wks in my thyroid decided to go hypo and Zi gained it all back in 3wks. So now that mybthryoid is back to normal, I'm starting this plan again. I'll do the classic cycle as the turbo is hard - the 2nd low carb day is tough, you'll feel exhausted and crappy. So for me the Classic cycle is best for me.
Pumpkin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:14 PM   #10  
Sailing the Grand Line!

I heard these plans can mess with hormone levels, any input on that? I Googled around but it was a lot of journal postings.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:03 AM   #11  
Down the rabbit hole...

S/C/G: 268/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! I just ordered his book for the 7 day plan...I always do low carb but no matter how well I follow my plan I seem to only lose the initial water weight. I have food used a food journal, I have increased and decreased exercise, drank more water, less water...you name it and I have tried it. I ordered the book to see if maybe my body responds better to confusion. Not that his plan is confusing but maybe my body won't understand the cycling enough to let go of some extra fat. I wish you all luck and hope to share in experiences with this plan!
CakeGirl75 is offline   Reply With Quote