South Beach Diet - New & Thinking.....

View Full Version : New & Thinking.....

FeelLikeALostCause
08-04-2003, 03:43 AM
I have 100 lbs plus to lose and have tried everything........ I Feel Like a Lost Cause.............. have been reading about The South Beach Diet and would love some idea of everyone's food day.
Could you please post a typical day etc.
Has anyone been on it for awhile now?
Thank you

LADY WINDSONG
08-04-2003, 06:42 AM
NEVER think you are a lost cause.

The fact that you took the time to post says differently.

Throw away the word "diet" and replace it with.... this is my new way of life and new way of eating...WOL & WOE.

Don't let numbers weigh you down. Whether you have 1-100+ to lose it is the same.

You will have to make changes. Changes in attitude. Changes in the way you think about yourself. Changes in what you eat. Changes in what you let bother you.

Knowing the right things to eat and why you need to avoid other foods will impact your life in a positive way.

What you eat is what you are.

So this is what we eat.

For example:

Eggs, Canadian Bacon, tomato juice or V-8 juice. Peppers, onions, LF fat cheese. Makes for a great omelette.

Lettuce salad with regular salad ingredients. Chicken, fish, lean beef, pickles, low sugar salad dressings. LF cottage cheese, ricotta and Spenda.....lots more.

There is a list of these foods here for both Phases.

You are most important here. You will be making changes and don't let others put you down.

We are here for support and guidence.

Look to this day as a new beginning. One which YOU are the star.

Welcome to the Beach.

Lady :flow1:

Ruthxxx
08-04-2003, 07:26 AM
Welcome. This is a super place!

We do a food log thread. I'll start a new one today which will help.

ellis
08-04-2003, 09:01 AM
Welcome, FeelLike! :wave:
Listen hon, we can't POSSIBLY call you that... have you got a nickname we can use for you? You are NOT a lost cause! If you are, then so are we all! :lol:
We're losing on this diet, and so will you! :grouphug:

Ruthxxx
08-04-2003, 09:21 AM
Darn right, Ellis! If you want to change your handle, let me know. It's easily done and may help you with your self-image. (We used to have a FlabbyThighs who changed her name and is doing OK now.)

Wndy
08-04-2003, 10:46 AM
just want to welcome you...I am fairly new but the group here is fantastic and really willing to help with sugguestions or offer ideas...I love reading the posts and it does give inspration!

take care

Wendy

frannymae
08-04-2003, 11:20 AM
Awww...please don't be so hard on yourself! As somebody already pointed out, you are here, arent' you? You obviously want to make positive changes in your life! That is half the battle!

It would be great if you change your nickname to something more upbeat and positive, along with your icon. I really do think that we can change our attitudes by changing our behavior. Just make one small change and see how good it feels-drink more water, park your car a little further from the store, make one healthy food choice....you'll feel like a winner!