Height: 5'8"

Default MRC January 2015!

Happy New Year!!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 11:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'6"

Default MRC Pre Conditioning Food List

Does anyone have a copy of the MRC preconditioning food list? I have all of the other menus, but I cannot find my copy of this one. I have been on MRC twice but always gain the weight back. I do not want to join again, but I do want a jump start to the new year.
This is my first blog post!
Thanks
chriscooper3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 09:32 AM   #3  

Happy New Year!! I've had a few run ins with candy bars, so we'll see what my weigh in Thursday shows... I've been so stinkin hungry!! Argh!
Christina2927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 01:19 PM   #4  

Hey I saw a post on here once about a protein drink you can buy that is very similar to the HNS but less expensive. Does anyone know what it is?
beachrunner695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:54 AM   #5  

Lost 4 of 5 pounds I gained during Thanksgiving and Christmas.. One more to go.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:10 PM   #6  

Where is everyone?! This place used to be really active! Way to go, Patzi :-)

Well, I got within about 10 pounds of my goal last July and got busy dating, drinking and having fun, and fell off the wagon (gained 13 back between June and Christmas). So I restarted the day after Christmas and back down 10. Feeling great and going to get there this time!!
beachrunner695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:39 AM   #7  

I started running (only a mile at a time so far but setting a goal for 1.25 miles each run this week) and cutting back carbs and am down 4 pounds this week! I'm still looking for that preconditioning menu from MRC.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:55 AM   #8  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

We are not allowed to share copyright materials from MRC so if you want any materials - you will have to join. They have some great deals. I rejoined for $79 for 17 weeks
I buy the Protidiet Pink Lemonade in the larger container from Diet Direct. I also buy Syntrax Vanilla Bean Torte in the 2 lb tub that I use for a HNS.
I need to get back on board- I'm walking more but eating too many sweets - ugh!
And I know better!! Need motivation and not really getting it from Center.
Will have to work on self motivation and reading about your successes so please keep sharing!
Happy New Year!
Old 01-11-2015, 07:53 AM   #9  

Beachunner695..

Great weight loss... I also have stated many times on this forum, where is everyone? There are days, and I think even a week where no one posts.. Even on maintenance I have bad days, and have always come on here for support, but the forum is not what it used to be... I wonder what happened.

Big Dog, just get back on bandwagon and go.. You will make it.. It is hard when trying to get back on, but the ride is worth it. Holidays are rough. I am taking 5 pounds off I gained.

Vanilla Bean Torte, you use in place of the HNS. How many do you have a day out of curiosity? I know you said you use in coffee. Yumm

My friend gained 6 pounds during the holidays and she is on maintenance. Her secret is more protein and no carbs except veggies, until weight comes off.
She eats lots of egg whites, egg beaters and fish, chicken and turkey. No breads,no fruits no pastas, just protein and veggies and HNS (2) a day while losing. She is down 4 pounds and has two to go. If she has a bad craving, will eat 1/2 of a bar, but she is trying not to do that. She says a HNS will not stop her craving, but 1/2 a bar will, or she eats protein for a snack for a craving.

Wishing everyone a great weight loss week. I hope I lose that 1 pound I have tagging on. Why does the weight always go on the belly??? LOL

Patzi
Old 01-11-2015, 08:45 AM   #10  

I won't join MRC again. I lost 40 pounds quickly on it and got down to a weight I hadn't been since before children. However, once I stopped the supplements, I gained it all back - lost my willpower and desire to continue! I also developed an irregular heartbeat that may or may not have been from the supplements. Anyway, just going to do it on my own with support from here (hopefully). Would love to lose 20 before spring break in March.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:58 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscooper3 View Post
I won't join MRC again. I lost 40 pounds quickly on it and got down to a weight I hadn't been since before children. However, once I stopped the supplements, I gained it all back - lost my willpower and desire to continue! I also developed an irregular heartbeat that may or may not have been from the supplements. Anyway, just going to do it on my own with support from here (hopefully). Would love to lose 20 before spring break in March.
Chris...

I did not take any of the supplements except for the HNS and the fat and carb blocker when losing and I made it to maintenance. Fat and Carb Blocker took only when I went out to eat.

Just follow same diets you did when you were on MRC previously. Just follow them without the supplements and see what happens. Good luck to you.

Patzi
Old 01-12-2015, 07:12 AM   #12  

Hi Patzi - that's my plan! I found all of my information except for the preconditioning menu. I think I can figure it out or just start with the green menu.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:19 AM   #13  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

I use the Vanilla Bean Torte and mix with frozen strawberries (or any frozen fruit). I use 2 scoops and drink on the way to work and then sip throughout the day. (I count as 2 HNSs). then I drink a Pink Lemonade, Grapefruit or Wild Berry HNS in the evening and after dinner, drink another one. my counselor told me if I'm eating a Greek yogurt to skip the HNS at night.
The HNSs seem to speed up my metabolism and add much needed protein.
I eat 2 boiled eggs each am, then a salad w/ chicken or flank steak for lunch and dinner. I made a vegetable chicken soup in the crockpot last week and had that every day for lunch and a cup for dinner w/ salad. trying to mix things up so I don't get bored.
I bought some celery to snack on so I'm not reaching for my DH's chips and cookies that he has EVERYWHERE!! thank goodness I don't like plain chips or oreos. now if they were jalapeno or salt n vinegar chips, would be hard to resist.
we are going on a mini vacation this weekend so trying to get a few lbs. off before then
Old 01-13-2015, 12:53 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 296/ticker/150

Have my first meeting on Friday. I have been on Metabolic before but seems that it has changed some since 2008. I will have to drive 2 hours away also this time. But I am looking forward to this and hope to find lots of advice and motivation on here. Anyone wanting to be motivation buds let me know I have over 100 lbs to lose.
Marcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 06:45 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
I use the Vanilla Bean Torte and mix with frozen strawberries (or any frozen fruit). I use 2 scoops and drink on the way to work and then sip throughout the day. (I count as 2 HNSs). then I drink a Pink Lemonade, Grapefruit or Wild Berry HNS in the evening and after dinner, drink another one. my counselor told me if I'm eating a Greek yogurt to skip the HNS at night.
The HNSs seem to speed up my metabolism and add much needed protein.
I eat 2 boiled eggs each am, then a salad w/ chicken or flank steak for lunch and dinner. I made a vegetable chicken soup in the crockpot last week and had that every day for lunch and a cup for dinner w/ salad. trying to mix things up so I don't get bored.
I bought some celery to snack on so I'm not reaching for my DH's chips and cookies that he has EVERYWHERE!! thank goodness I don't like plain chips or oreos. now if they were jalapeno or salt n vinegar chips, would be hard to resist.
we are going on a mini vacation this weekend so trying to get a few lbs. off before then
Thanks Big Dog.. Appreciate it..
Patzi