Old 01-01-2015, 08:58 AM   #1  
ReBoot 1/5/2015

S/C/G: 234.6/229/130

Height: 5'5"

Red face Pre-diabetic, Should I follow the Alternative Plan?

I’m rebooting starting Monday, 1/5. I’ve had a lot of health issues over the past several years and was very frustrated in not being able to find a solution as I kept getting worse until recently. I had severe fatigue where I was sleeping about 20 hours out of 24, I just couldn’t do anything. My immunity disappeared and I couldn’t even go grocery shopping without getting sick from it. I had constant pain and muscle spasms. Last Christmas I started having difficulty walking and was falling and hitting walls when I tried to walk a straight line. I started dropping things and couldn’t write anymore. I’d been misdiagnosed and was treated for lymphoma and lupus for almost 5 years.
But finally I found my answer this past spring thanks to a new rheumatologist – that I had hyperparathyroidism. The clues were there, (elevated calcium levels) but everyone missed them until this doc. My old doc retired and this one decided to repeat all the tests since nothing was clear-cut. And I have to thank her for my renewed lease on life. I had surgery in June and a parathyroid tumor was removed and I’ve been getting better every day. It’s wonderful to have energy again and to be able to do the things that you want to.
So now, I’m about 100 lbs. overweight. I’ve started losing a little bit of weight as I’m more active, about 3 lbs./month without trying. But I’m ready to restart. I’d lost about 50 pounds with Ideal Protein about 2 ½ years ago, but most of the weight has slowly come back. And now my fasting glucose levels are elevated for the last 3 checks this past year. It was 111 last week!
I’ve ordered a machine to check my morning glucose levels so I can see how I’m doing as I lose weight, but I need some advice on which version to follow.
Any other pre-diabetics or diabetics here? What’s been your experience? Do you have any advice?
chrishas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 243/150

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Smile Newbie Diabetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishas View Post
I’m rebooting starting Monday, 1/5. I’ve had a lot of health issues over the past several years and was very frustrated in not being able to find a solution as I kept getting worse until recently. I had severe fatigue where I was sleeping about 20 hours out of 24, I just couldn’t do anything. My immunity disappeared and I couldn’t even go grocery shopping without getting sick from it. I had constant pain and muscle spasms. Last Christmas I started having difficulty walking and was falling and hitting walls when I tried to walk a straight line. I started dropping things and couldn’t write anymore. I’d been misdiagnosed and was treated for lymphoma and lupus for almost 5 years.
But finally I found my answer this past spring thanks to a new rheumatologist – that I had hyperparathyroidism. The clues were there, (elevated calcium levels) but everyone missed them until this doc. My old doc retired and this one decided to repeat all the tests since nothing was clear-cut. And I have to thank her for my renewed lease on life. I had surgery in June and a parathyroid tumor was removed and I’ve been getting better every day. It’s wonderful to have energy again and to be able to do the things that you want to.
So now, I’m about 100 lbs. overweight. I’ve started losing a little bit of weight as I’m more active, about 3 lbs./month without trying. But I’m ready to restart. I’d lost about 50 pounds with Ideal Protein about 2 ½ years ago, but most of the weight has slowly come back. And now my fasting glucose levels are elevated for the last 3 checks this past year. It was 111 last week!
I’ve ordered a machine to check my morning glucose levels so I can see how I’m doing as I lose weight, but I need some advice on which version to follow.
Any other pre-diabetics or diabetics here? What’s been your experience? Do you have any advice?
My coach told me that I should follow the regular plan and so I am adjusting my insulin slowly based on my numbers....my feeling on your blood glucose of 111 would be the to try first and then speak to your coach if your numbers go up but I know just from my few days I can see numbers going down.

Good luck on your journey!
kristiekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:14 AM   #3  

Please remember that no one on this site nor your coach are qualified to offer you medical advise.

Have you asked your doctor?
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 03:50 PM   #4  
ReBoot 1/5/2015

S/C/G: 234.6/229/130

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it. I'm not asking for medical advice, I've already discussed this with my doc.

I want to know what others who are pre-diabetic or diabetic have experienced and what worked for them. My current thoughts are to follow the regular diet and if I have problems then switch to the alternative diet.
chrishas is offline   Reply With Quote