Old 12-31-2014, 11:30 PM   #1  

Default Working out with a broken foot

I want to start 2015 right, but I am in a walking boot to the knee. I was going to go to the gym and work with weights since cardio is out. Thoughts? Will the gym let me work out with a boot on?
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:44 AM   #2  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Talk with someone at the front desk. Make your situation known.

I am non-weight-bearing on my left leg because I had a rod, plates and screws inserted into my left leg after a very bad tibial plateau fracture. Once I'm partial weight-bearing and cleared to walk with a cane, and with my physical therapist's okay, I'm heading back to my gym to work on my upper body and core.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 12:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I agree, talk with someone at the gym. I see no reason they wouldn't let you use machines to workout your arms or do crunches or whatever you can without using the bad leg. They may have some sort of safety rule for it though.. and each gym could be different. Best to ask. You could even call ahead to get answers.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 06:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

You have my sympathy. Those walking boots suck. Be careful because as I'm sure you've already noticed, those things can really throw your balance off.

I second the advice that's been given. Check with your doctor if you haven't already.

Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:42 PM   #5  

So I ended up not going and was able to ride my exercise bike at home for 20 mins. i am going to call my dr tomorrow and see what he says. Thank you all
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 12:57 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neast View Post
So I ended up not going and was able to ride my exercise bike at home for 20 mins. i am going to call my dr tomorrow and see what he says. Thank you all
You can try qigong for non-impact exercise or as I call it "ultra-simplified taichi that even the village idiot can do it"!

Go on Youtube and look for Spring Forest qi gong for free exercises. That's the one I know.
soexcited is offline   Reply With Quote