Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2003, 12:11 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#383

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Saturday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.
Old 08-03-2003, 12:49 PM   #2  
a work in progress...

Hi all...

I'm trying to decide what to have for breakfast...now that it's past lunch time. I have another day to myself...the boys are off to a Mets game, the girl has to work noon to four and then a show this evening. You know what's really weird...maybe a little sad...I have no idea what to do when they're not here! Perhaps it's time for a hobby! I told myself yesterday that the day was wide open, all MINE, I could do what I want with it...

This is all I could come up with...

I did exercise (from which I'm feeling the wonderful effects this morning...that good ache that tells you that you've worked those muscles.)
I did get my glasses fixed (which I've been meaning to do forever...however while I was at Costco, I also spent $74.00, mostly on stuff for my daughter's dorm.)
I did a load of wash. (actually, it may still be in the washer...better check--yep...I just had to run it through another rinse)
I made guacamole...will have that for lunch today with vegetable dippers.
I made chili...by default actually. I wanted a Taco Salad for dinner...got the ground turkey browned and seasoned, when I realized that I didn't have lettuce. Threw a can of tomatoes into the meat and VOILA! ...chili! With a little shredded cheese on top, it was yummy.
I modified Thin's peanut butter cup recipe a teeny bit...I added a heaping teaspoon of sf/ff chocolate pudding to the whipped topping/peanut butter mixture... Was that good!!! Too good...I ate way more than necessary!

That's pretty much it...

Today should be a doozy...

I going to do 30 minutes of cardio.
I'm going to ride my bike today.
I'm going to the farm market instead of the supermarket to stock up on fruits and veggies.
15 minutes of weeding/deadheading.
I'm going to tackle a small part of the mountain of photographs that need sorting/organizing/tossing. (Flylady principle here:15 minutes at a time.) Better yet, I'll put on a great movie that I want to see while I do this! hmmm...a good tear jerker that no one else ever wants to see...Terms of Endearment or something like that...

Well...should be another humdinger of a day!

Barb and Michelle...I'm working next weekend and the weekend of 8/24, and the weekend after that, we're going to see Bruce. (again) *sigh* We WILL do this! Fall is a nice time for a get together! I work every other weekend, but I'm always off Friday nights, so Saturday's are good for me. Let's work on this!

Thin...I could have told you that Gigli would tank. I find those two extremely annoying and publicity seeking.

Lori...I'm with Michelle...who ever said gay men aren't a blast to hang out with?? Not me! I love my gay friends! Speaking of gay men...has anyone seen Queer Eye for the Straight Guy yet? Too, too funny!

Terri, your reunion sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I'm sure you're not the only one to have put on a few! I was disappointed that they never had a 25th for my class...(since I didn't go to the 10th or 20th) I thought for sure 2000 would be a cool year for a reunion...new millenium and all that. Oh well, just gives me more time to be simply GAW-geous for the 30th!

Amanda...your recipe sounds yummy...and I'm not a big iced coffee fan. That extract could also be used in those dreamy peanut butter cups! I'm glad you're feeling more in control. Keep it up!

Sandy...Your son is adorable! He sure looks like a happy kid and an awful lot like his mommy! I'm glad his camp week turned out well. It's hard to send our "babies" out into the world where we can't be there to make everything all right for them, isn't it?

Okay, my time is up here...I've taken so long, Thin has gone and started a new thread so I have to cut and paste this over onto the new one. Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 08-03-2003 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-03-2003, 01:00 PM   #3  

Good afternoon girls, the day seems to be flying by.

Kat: I think my boy is a cutie too, but I could be biast there? . Yes, it is very hard to let them go out in to that big cruel world without you by their side to help them along the way. I have to think back when I did not want my mom around all the time, and now I know how she felt when I was showing my independence. Sure is a hard thing being a mom.

A day to yourself, that sounds good even if you did nothing all day long. Just to have some alone time is nice once in a while.

The summer sure is flying by. My kids start back to school September 2, the day after we get back from vacation. I think hubby and I are going away alone the 3rd weekend in August, our Anniversary (14years) is on the 26th and we usually just go away together. Then the following weekend we go away for Labor Day....we go up north to the camp for an extended weekend.....then 2 weeks later I am off for another girls weekend up north. Boy my weekends will be filled here again soon, but with fun stuff.

Today we are off to a family cook out soon. But first, I have to go get the boy at a friends house. He was gone a week and back home for one night and off to friends. Oh to be 11 and no worries again???? NOT ON YOUR LIFE!!!!! Maybe someone elses childhood? LOL

Okay I have rambled and not really said a word so I will close for now....hugs to you all.

Sandy
Old 08-03-2003, 01:23 PM   #4  
Progress..not perfection

I hope someone sends the posting police out for thin seeing as she started another thread without posting herself. Sorry....just kidding girl. You probably didnt' have a chance to with me yacking in your ear!

The race comes on in approximately 45 minutes and I can't wait. I'm not going to mention a certain driver right now because this is his home track and winning there would mean to world to him. That's all I'll say for now because I do not want to hex him.

This is my only day off for the next 7 days, so send me some . My friend Kim, is taking some much needed vacation and I will be working in her place. Will not complain about the OT when that checks come though.

I hope you all have a wonderful OP day and I will check in with you in a bit!
Old 08-03-2003, 02:31 PM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

I'm back from Alabama. I'll check in later
Old 08-03-2003, 04:47 PM   #6  
Progress..not perfection

Smile OMG!

INDY is a nailbiter!!!

I'm going to vomit for sure.....

Keep your fingers
Old 08-03-2003, 04:58 PM   #7  

Hi Chickies!

Nice pics Sandy! Congrads to you for figuring out how to post the darn things. Me? I'm like the Forest Gump of computers...

Hmmm, still stuck on the whole chocolate thing...guess where my mind is. By the way, I hear cool whip is much better than whipped cream....less sticky.

Having a pretty good day. Think I might have broken the caff/soda habit...for now. Had a wicked headache yesterday. Even went swimming today. Yeah ME!

Hope everyone is keeping cool

Deb
Old 08-03-2003, 06:49 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Talking Still Staying Strong!!!

I've had a great day today. I'm well within my cals, I've done my exercise, and I'm over halfway there on my water. I'm also trying the 6 smaller meals thing. It is kind of hard, but I don't seem to be getting as hungry so that is a good thing.

Now, I only have one complaint about the day so far. I didn't ever get my nap. I was so tired, (after being up at 5am) and I went in to lay down, but my hubby was and I couldn't get to sleep, then, when he finally left I was almost asleep and the phone rang. I finally decided to give up and just go to bed earlier tonight.

Hope everyone is having a great OP day.
Old 08-03-2003, 07:03 PM   #9  
Progress..not perfection

Amanda: I'm VERY proud of you. Keep up the good work....you can do it!

Tony finished twelve in a heartbreaker today.... He led the most laps and it looked like it was all his until a caution and a crappy pit stop. Oh well...... onto Watkins Glen.

I had spaghetti for dinner and I didn't overeat. I did however, drink some much needed diet coke. Let's pray the old kidneys hold out!

Kinda quiet around here today... I hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday...we're expecting some serious storms here tonight, so I'm catching me a bubble bath before it hits!

Take care ladies and have an awesome evening!
Old 08-03-2003, 07:22 PM   #10  
BELIEVE!

Good Evening All!
Is the weekend over already??? I slept nice and late this morning and then worked on the curtains for the bedroom. Then I decided to watch some TV and promptly fell asleep. Jeff and I went to Damon's for dinner and watched the end of the race. Tina - sorry about Tony's finish. Now I am going to force myself onto the treadmill for a little while. Even though I ate out a few times this weekend I was so active with the painting project that I hope it all evens out. This morning the scale was actually down a 1/2 pound from the Friday weigh in. TOM still has not arrived, my body is playing games with me - I had all the symtoms - bloating, irritable, chocolate craving and then - psych - never showed up. Hmmm. Considering the probs I've had getting pg I seriously doubt that is a possibilty. I guess my body is just out of whack.

Thin - The frozen PB cups sound yummy! I may have to try them.

Lori - I'm glad to here that Brian is out of PA (for good - or at least a while). Now you can get back to normal and find a good, stable, mature man!

Kat - Sounds like we may have to do some figuring out to get the 3 of us together, but we'll make it work. The next few months are pretty busy for me, but I will try my darnest to get together with you and Michelle. You were so right about the jeans -- thanks for putting it in perspective. I wore them again tonight to dinner as a reminder and I didn't overeat. I really wanted dessert, so instead of ordering a dinner I just had a small salad and piece of pie.

Sandy - I bet it was a sigh of relief to find out that Evan actually had a good time at camp. Thanks for sharing the great pictures of both of you.

Amanda - Good Job staying OP! Stay Strong!

Terri - Sorry to hear your weekend got rained out! I hope you found something fun to do.

Pam - Hope you didn't get called into work today!

Mary - That was a quick post --- I hope you and hubby had a fun time away this weekend.

A big HELLO to anyone I may have missed! I've gotta go work out....

Catch ya later!
Barb

Old 08-03-2003, 10:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

Too late to post much. We had a great time at the ballgame today. We haven't been to a major league ballgame in three years. Now I know why. Lordy, it was hot. The seats were fabulous. Six rows back from the home team dugout. But, geez louise, right in the sun for the whole game. I used lots of sunscreen and thank goodness was smart enough to wear my capris to keep my legs from frying. DH and I drank $12 worth of water. Do you know how much water you can buy at Sam's Club for $12? This was for three one-liter bottles. We figured up we spent $40 on food and drink and $57 on ball caps. Yikes, how does a family of four do it? And there were lots of families there.

Anyway, food was not good. Wasn't planned to be either so I feel no guilt. At least I have satisfied any hot dog desire for a long time.

No exercise today either unless you count the walk with the dog. We did do 1.5 miles but it was hot and we weren't exactly zipping around the route. He's recuperating in the garage and I'm headed to bed.

Did I say we put up new towel racks in the master bath? And took down the vertical blinds in front of the sliding door and replaced them with tab-top curtains on a lovely, wood decorative rod. Four panels instead of just one. Love them! And we had the neighbor guy give us a bid for painting the living room, entry ways, and hallway. We'll have that done in September. It really needs a fresh coat of paint. Now, just to decide on the color. Oh yeah, and spent a buttload of money at Lowe's on Friday. Ordered two storage cabinets to hide all my crap in the rec room; bought two ready-to-assemble & stain nightstands for the bedroom and a ready-to-assemble garage organizer cabinet. I had a coupon! No payments, no interest for a year - I always feel like I've scored with those because I always pay them off on time. Should have gone swimming instead - a lot cheaper.

Well, I better get moving. Have a great day tomorrow!
Old 08-03-2003, 11:38 PM   #12  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Just a quickie, girls and then I'm hitting the bed.

Just got in from the theatre. Saw League of Extraordinary Gentlemen with Sean Connery. It was different. Not bad, not good. I like all of the interesting sets in the movie, more than the movie itself. Also saw American Wedding. I was telling honey on the way out of the theatre that if you step back into your sleazy teenage mind, it was funny as ****. If you are in your 50 year old parent mind, you wonder why anyone would waste film on this crap and my goodness, I wouldn't want my kids to see it!

So there you have it, today's movie reviews.

Hitting the hay, girls. See ya tomorrow.
Old 08-04-2003, 01:10 AM   #13  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow WOW !!! I can't keep up.

I came here over an hour ago and just NOW finished reading.
I was going to reply to everyone... but had no idea how much I missed. LOL
I took notes and hopefully tomorrow I will reply.. but it took me over an hour to catch up and now I am out of time.

I did NOT get my house done before the birthday party.
But everyone was amazed how much I did have done.
I was really disappointed all of my pictures and decorations were not on the walls.... some but not all.
(we did get them up today though... )

The party went GREAT. I rained all night Friday and even up till 8:30am Sat morning. Party was at 10:30. But it cleared up and we had beautiful weather the rest of the day. Must have been 25 or more here.
BUT... I was glad when they all went home... about 4pm.
Hubby and I got into the pool ALONE and just relaxed and enjoyed the "silence". ahhhhh
The older you get... the more you like "silence"

I am still exercising first thing every morning. I LOVE IT !!!
My food is pretty good too. I get to weigh on Wed.
(get to weigh... LOL ... it used to be complaining I have to weigh )
I was going to go to MIssouri on Mon-Tues... but I have changed it to Wed instead.
I am going to be VERY DISAPPOINTED if I have not lost some weight.
But whether I have or not... my HEALTH is BETTER than ever.
I am more flexible and definitely more mobile.

It is midnight here... gotta go. Will try to reply tomorrow.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 08-04-2003 at 01:14 AM.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:38 AM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello chicklets
WE got back yesterday from our mini vacation. It wasgood. The Bed and Breakfast was wonderful. It is thee home of this couple not some fancy smancy house. We went on a boat ride on the lake on Friday evening to watch the sunset. They served breakfast overlooking the lake every morning. My food was terrible and I am up a few pounds. The Museum at Talledega was ok. I know Tina would have loved it. We went to an antique store and wallmart but the rest of the time was spent watching the big screen tv at the B#B

DH came back from his Mexico trip with an abcess in his mouth so he was on antibiotics which messed his stomach up.

We went over to GA and got lottery tickets but didn't win.

When we got home I had to shop for food and then we had thunder storms

Then to capp it off son told me the ceiling in his little trailer is collapsing. It has been leaking for awhile now. This trailer is not worth fixing (just a little travel trailer) but he doesnt have money to get anything else.

Hope all of you had a great weekend.
I can't do replies now I have to get back to the grind of working
Old 08-04-2003, 08:20 AM   #15  

Good Early Morning ladies!

Feel like I missed out on alot yesterday, didnt get to post but once, and only checked in with you all two times, you are some busy chicks!! I did get to spend yesterday at home, and it was fabulous...went to the grocery to stock up for the wk..so I am ready now!! then cooked a great dinner...I made oven fried chicken, (well I call it fried, but it is not really), cut up chicken breasts into nuggets, soaked them in a little milk (buttermilk wrks too, didnt have any though), and cajun seasonings, then rolled them in crushed up cornflakes, and baked...good! Then I made green beans, using fresh garlic and minced onion, for seasoning, no ham hock or bacon fat here gals!!, I put a few new potatoes on top, and let it cook, easy that is what I like! Then I made corn, the frozen white creamed corn, only added I cant believe it is not butter light, and black pepper, it was so sweet tasted like it was right off the cob....again no bacon drippings, mama, grandma, and all that came before used to put bacon drippings in everything, and cooked with lard...whew!!! couldnt do that now!! I would be in the bathroom for days!! anyway, finally I made broccoli slaw, it comes already shredded with carrots and purple cabbage..dressing well that was a creation of mine, was delish! I mixed lite peppercorn ranch salad dressing, a little dijon mustard, one packet of equal, paprika, and parsley...it was all love to cook on Sundays, just leisurely and laid back

Mary glad you had good time in Talladega, when are you coming back to Alabam??? lets meet soon, in B'ham okay?

2 cute: sounds like you are still in your "fast mode", tires me out just listening to you!! I too like to exercise first thing in the am, I would like to get into the routine of doing that every morning, really gets the day off to a great start, makes me feel so energized!! maybe that is your secret...

Greetings to determined to succeed!! I have never been to a major league game, would love to go and see the braves play just once, but those ticket prices, man alive!!

Barb congrats on the 1/2 lb, that is how we get there you know, every little ounce counts, and with eating out, good for you! I know what you mean about that "pesky TOM!!" I havent had any problems in almost 2 days now!!! which is wonderful for me, most months it is at least 2-3 wks, going to visit a gyn soon, cant keep on doing this!!

Sandy enjoyed chatting with you last night, hope to catch up with you again soon!

well to all the rest of you gals, I have got to get out of here, got to post on one more thread, the Time For Serious Fun thread,and then I am going to do my exercising!! have a great day all!

sw 356/June 5th/348.8 June 24th
cw 336.5 7/24/next weigh in Thursday 8/7 (cant wait!!!)
next goal: lose 10 more by 8/31
next goal: lose 30 by 12/31
next goal: lose 50lbs
final goal: 130 I AM GOING TO DO IT!!
Closed Thread