Old 12-15-2014, 01:46 PM   #1  

Default Doing it on my own

I went to the IP seminar at my cardiologist's office. I decided to give it a try even though it was $300 to start up (NOT including food). I filled out all the papers and they gave me a date for first visit. Then the coach called me and said they wouldn't accept me because I have MS!! What the heck is that? The cardiologist knows I have MS, why refer me if they won't take me? So I gave up, started feeling even more down & depressed. Then I found this site! After reading for a bit I realized that I could do the diet on my own. So what if they won't accept me, I can use alternatives and do it all by myself! I placed an order with Naushua and as soon as the food gets here I can start. My only question is the unrestricted vs restricted. I understand that for Phase 1 you eat 3 packets/day plus veggies & salad. Can all 3 be restricted? or does it have to be 2 non & 1 restricted? What if I want to eat 3 egg whites + 1 egg for breakfast instead of a packet, what do you count that as?
Thanks so much for the help!
Lisa
Chococat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:51 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chococat66 View Post
I went to the IP seminar at my cardiologist's office. I decided to give it a try even though it was $300 to start up (NOT including food). I filled out all the papers and they gave me a date for first visit. Then the coach called me and said they wouldn't accept me because I have MS!! What the heck is that? The cardiologist knows I have MS, why refer me if they won't take me? So I gave up, started feeling even more down & depressed. Then I found this site! After reading for a bit I realized that I could do the diet on my own. So what if they won't accept me, I can use alternatives and do it all by myself! I placed an order with Naushua and as soon as the food gets here I can start. My only question is the unrestricted vs restricted. I understand that for Phase 1 you eat 3 packets/day plus veggies & salad. Can all 3 be restricted? or does it have to be 2 non & 1 restricted? What if I want to eat 3 egg whites + 1 egg for breakfast instead of a packet, what do you count that as?
Thanks so much for the help!
Lisa
the clinic likely felt they did not have the medical capability to fully understand the implications of the diet in conjunction with your disease. I would certainly run the diet by the doctor that is treating your MS just because they have a better understanding of your situation.

Packets are always 1 restricted per day - yeah it would be nice if we could have the restricted "Treats" at every meal...but that's not in line with the calorie and carb counts of the diet, plus what do you really learn about proper eating if you can have treat-like items for every meal?

1 egg + 2 egg whites is equivalent to a packet. There is an entire thread devoted to Alternative products, it is well worth reading through and will likely answer most of your questions
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-part-5-a.html
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote