Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-09-2014, 10:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/232/110

Height: 5ft7

Talking I figured out a way to beat cravings!

Green tea! It totally kills every aspect of desire for food I have! Now I'm eating to survive! Cravings and appetite just disappear and are replaced with the taste of the tea! Yay! It's been a life saver. I have beentrying to lose weight for 3 years and I've never been able to go 1 day on a diet! I always ended up giving in to these overwhelming cravings! I'm so relieved to have discovers this.
imabehot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 10:35 AM   #2  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Oh my gosh, me too!!! I drink almost three cups of loose leaf green tea every day!!! It really helps me know the difference between my stomach growling because I'm thirsty and not because I'm hungry.

I'm also really lucky that I'm one of those people that likes tea witbout cream and sugar and just steeped. I always pour myself some hot water, throw in a tea bag and just leave it!

I aldo find another helpful tip in stopping myself from drinking all of those sugary drinks my husband keeps around (soda, juices, etc) is to put some lemon iny water. It gives my water flavour and zing so I don't feel deprived and its good for me! Win-win. I think myvtaste buds are finally starting to change though as I'm craving sugary drinks less and less.
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 10:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Tea worked for me too! I started drinking a whole variety of herbal teas as I lost weight. It really helped me to stretch from meal to meal without snacking.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 11:55 PM   #4  

I love green tea too. I have 2-3 cups a day and almost always one at night when I'm trying to stave off the sugar cravings.
Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 05:27 PM   #5  
Living la vida low carb

S/C/G: 272/196/160

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the tip! I should give this a try and see if it helps me.
GiGiBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:50 PM   #6  
banned

Default Great Job!

Hi Imabehot,

Your discovery is inspiring and motivational! I love green tea as well and it has numerous health benefits for the mind, body, and soul.

You will reach your goals and even more!

Good luck to you and everyone is supporting you.

Love,

Lauren001

----------------------------
Discover Unique Female Only Metabolic Weight Loss Cheat!
tinyurl.com/klv78ye
Lauren001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 07:02 PM   #7  

I love tea! Works for me too. I recommend quality tea, it is more expensive but totally worth it.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/195/150

Height: 165

I am SO glad I am now aware of this! I love green tea, especially organic India tulsi (basil) green tea is soo satiating. Never thought of it as a replacement..till now. Though it has caffeine, its better to be addicted to this than to any other food!
Will try it and share my experience!
Thnx ��
jivejazz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:37 AM   #9  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

So, I'm always skeptical of claims that "such-and-such magic food killed my cravings" or "such-and-such is an appetite suppressant." If it works for others, that's terrific, but nothing suppresses carter's appetite. Seriously - it takes a stomach flu so bad I can't keep down a glass of water to suppress my appetite, and even then I will want to eat tea biscuits or a piece of toast even if I can't. Given the choice, I would always rather eat than not eat, and losing weight required a near constant exercise of discipline to control that.

Last weekend I incidentally drank a lot of green tea one day and also noticed at the end of the day that I hadn't snacked and hadn't even thought about snacking. I just worked all afternoon at my desk and then when it was dinner time I got up and made dinner.

Correlation is not causation and one data point doesn't prove anything, but I decided to pay attention and try this for a while. So yesterday, around the time of day I normally switch to decaf coffee (I usually drink black coffee all day) I switched to green tea instead. And again I didn't have an especially appetite-y day, though in the evening I was very fiercely fighting an urge to binge.

I haven't yet tried a cup of green tea after dinner - I'm a little afraid to, because of the caffeine, but I think perhaps I will, and see what happens. I'll experiment with this for a month or so and see whether it makes any difference in the long term with managing my famously bottomless appetite.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Wasn't this one of the things that Ian tested once? Ian? You there? I think there should be a separate section, just for your tests. LOL
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:36 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
This looks interesting! Here's Ian's green tea experiment thread, ie not cravings exactly rather weight/fat loss.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food...green-tea.html

Thanks! Ya gotta just love Ian!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 158/158/125

Height: 5'4

You know what works even better than green tea for me? Warm water with 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice. I have it in the morning and it literally KILLS any cravings/hunger. Then I can eat 30 minutes later but my digestion is better at that point too. Def worth including in your life.
sensualappeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 09:58 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 232/231/120

Wish tea worked for me.
effervescent17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:31 PM   #14  

I like green tea and it's healthy! I'm game to try.
franola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:40 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

So glad this worked for you! I've been seriously struggling to get back on my eating and exercising plan. I may have to try this as I love tea.
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote