Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 09:15 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat We'd 12/3/2014

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 12-03-2014, 09:41 AM   #2  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, IPeeps!

When I went to bed last night it was snowing pretty hard and really starting to accumulate, so I thought we would have a bunch today, but when my husband came home from an early hockey game I asked how the roads were (I was still in bed) and he said the snow had melted.

I don't work until the afternoon, so I'm contemplating heading to the mall to try to get some Christmas shopping done.

Have a great day, everyone!!
Old 12-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #3  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

Well I have been trying to get back on track and I have been there now 2 days down on my 3rd today. I am feeling good, the tummy is rumbling however I believe this is a good sign. I got on the scale and I hit 230 this morning, it is 31 pounds away from my 199 this May however there is only one way to go from now on. I want to make this a life long challenge not just a fix. That does not work due to the fact that when I went off phase 1 the wrong way the weight completely came back. I know it is alot of weight however that is due to the fact that when I eat I usually overeat by alot. I eat everything and anything that is there. I don't just like one type of food I like them all. I will learn to deal with this by starting to be serious about reading the book and workbook I bought while I was in CA. The book was recommended by lisa23989. I know it will definately help me learn how to deal with those triggers of wanting to eat everything in sight due to my emotional state at the time.....
I am dealing with some crazy issues at work and I really need to be able to let go of my job and realise sometimes people will do anything to get rid of you even if you are a great person. They want you gone and that is what is going to happen.
I hope that I can find a way to get through it and become a stronger, more confident better me....
Here's to another day 100% OP.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Happy Hump day ladies!!

Not much to report from my side, doing well and sticking to everything 100%. I am feeling impatient though, and just want to lose the weight overnight!

I am officially done my first month and feeling great. I honestly don't notice much of a change, but hopefully by the end of December my loss will be more noticeable.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:03 AM   #5  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finale View Post
Well I have been trying to get back on track and I have been there now 2 days down on my 3rd today. I am feeling good, the tummy is rumbling however I believe this is a good sign. I got on the scale and I hit 230 this morning, it is 31 pounds away from my 199 this May however there is only one way to go from now on. I want to make this a life long challenge not just a fix. That does not work due to the fact that when I went off phase 1 the wrong way the weight completely came back. I know it is alot of weight however that is due to the fact that when I eat I usually overeat by alot. I eat everything and anything that is there. I don't just like one type of food I like them all. I will learn to deal with this by starting to be serious about reading the book and workbook I bought while I was in CA. The book was recommended by lisa23989. I know it will definately help me learn how to deal with those triggers of wanting to eat everything in sight due to my emotional state at the time.....
I am dealing with some crazy issues at work and I really need to be able to let go of my job and realise sometimes people will do anything to get rid of you even if you are a great person. They want you gone and that is what is going to happen.
I hope that I can find a way to get through it and become a stronger, more confident better me....
Here's to another day 100% OP.
I have been using the beck diet solution on my reboot and I think it's going to be a huge help. Just on week two and it has already made a huge impact. Hang in there! We've got this!!
Old 12-03-2014, 11:12 AM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Sitting at work, sipping on my Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride tea (SOOO GOOD) and just realized that I have a whole week without having to deal with holiday parties/food related events! This time of year, that's pretty much unheard of.

Next week is another story - my Astronomy class is having a study session/pizza party for the last class before finals. I'm going to make a cauli crust pizza to bring with me so at least that'll be covered. Will probably split my protein that day, have 4 oz of chicken on my salad at lunch and do a WF BBQ chicken pizza for dinner with the other 4oz. Then Saturday my husband and I are going to see a comedian at Foxwoods, but he wants to have dinner beforehand so I need to pull the restaurant menus to find something IP friendly.

One thing I appreciate about P1 is that it FORCES me to plan ahead - no more mindless eating! I think I've stumbled the most when I haven't taken the time to plan my meals. Definitely a habit I will get back into through maintenance!
Old 12-03-2014, 11:15 AM   #7  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

I've heard so much about this Beck Diet Solution. I read up on it a bit and sounds like it's a six week program? Is this a book someone should start reading now or as they near their goal or once they're maintaining?
Thanks!
Old 12-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
I've heard so much about this Beck Diet Solution. I read up on it a bit and sounds like it's a six week program? Is this a book someone should start reading now or as they near their goal or once they're maintaining?
Thanks!
it's a fantastic book that helps you change your perception of food, body, dieting....great to start at any stage of your weight loss journey! It's not a diet plan per se as much as it is a self-awareness book.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 281/277/180

Hello All!

So i made the crispy cereal muffins last night(with chocolate drink) and found their a little chewy and dense. Has anyone else experienced this? or how to make them more 'fluffy'?
Old 12-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #10  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiemcbee View Post
Hello All!

So i made the crispy cereal muffins last night(with chocolate drink) and found their a little chewy and dense. Has anyone else experienced this? or how to make them more 'fluffy'?
They do tend to be a bit denser than what we would consider a traditional muffin - remember that you're baking with protein powder, egg and leavening...no butter/oils, and protein powder doesn't have the glutens that are present in flour that make bread/muffins fluffy.

You can play around with the baking powder that you are adding to see if you can acheive a slightly lighter texture....but they are never going to be comparable to an actual muffin. The general idea is to make yourself a viable substitute for the thing you are craving, but it'll never be an exact replica because the ingredients used are completely different and react differently to heat.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 281/277/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
They do tend to be a bit denser than what we would consider a traditional muffin - remember that you're baking with protein powder, egg and leavening...no butter/oils, and protein powder doesn't have the glutens that are present in flour that make bread/muffins fluffy.

You can play around with the baking powder that you are adding to see if you can acheive a slightly lighter texture....but they are never going to be comparable to an actual muffin. The general idea is to make yourself a viable substitute for the thing you are craving, but it'll never be an exact replica because the ingredients used are completely different and react differently to heat.
That makes sense. I think I was just looking so forward to a muffin that it took me aback lol
Old 12-03-2014, 11:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 244/225/150

Thank goodness for kind words!!!! Had a lousy .4 WI yesterday after a 1.4 disappointment last week (all while OP) and just today TWO people have complimented me on my loss-I'm at 29.2 total in 8 wks! It doesn't make the next size down fit any better but it is a HUGE motivator! Bring on the water!
Old 12-03-2014, 12:13 PM   #13  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiemcbee View Post
Hello All!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

I use one of my tsp of daily evoo or a tsp of one of the Torani SF/CF syrups if I want that softer texture. I also use the blender to whip it up and put some air in it. Not sure what your density tolerance is, but I only like them piping hot right out of the oven. Soon as they begin to cool I can taste that protein powder again.

---

Have a great Wednesday folks.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:27 PM   #14  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
Thanks!
The book recommends waiting until week two of the book to start your diet, but says it's ok if you want to start earlier, or have already started. It is a six week program, but I'm going to keep reading it over and over again to keep everything fresh in my head.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Hi all--I'm back for a reboot. I let it go too far, but I'm happy to be back on IP (mostly with alternatives). I feel so much better when I have no sugar or wheat in my diet, but it is very easy to let it slip in. I found that I am either on IP or way way off the deep end. So my goal once I get my weight back where I want it is to think of this as life vs. a diet and then marking my calendar for big treat days (aka binges).

I'm also trying to get back to blogging recipes. This really helped me focus on healthy cooking last time, and hearing all of your feedback on my posts was a great way to help me feel connected with this amazing group on line! I'll post more recipes soon (if you are interested) -- the blog is www.unlimitedlettuce.com in case you want to take a peek.

Thanks to all for your tremendous and positive support of everyone's journey!!
Closed Thread