Old 12-01-2014, 10:18 AM   #1  
Sassafrass

S/C/G: 325/240/175

Height: 5'5"

Default ~*December Chat*~

It's December! Where did this year go??

We had an amazing time at the beach. I attached a selfie we took on our patio as the sun set. We ate and drank too much, but today is a new day. Forgive myself and move on. I was suppose to start my training for a half marathon today; however, I fell this morning leaving for work. I did a summersault down the stairs and hit my head on the car and then the concrete. I ended up giving myself a concussion and banged up knee. My knee hurts enough that I dont know if I can physically run tonight with how bad it hurts to even walk. Not to mention the headache and ringing ears... Ugh. I bought a bike trainer since it's cyber Monday and I'm pretty pumped for it. I'm a cyclist at heart and this will keep me peddling throughout the winter. Woohoo!

How is everyone doing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pcb13.jpg (16.6 KB, 10 views)
SoMuchFattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 04:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

From the November thread - Welcome TwoTots and flickey_switch.

Flickety switch congrats on your loss, and happy anniversary!

TwoTots, I'm also doing an at home thing, though with free online tools. I've really enjoyed it so far, and hopefully you do too! I tend to use these forums as my meeting place, and mostly post in the 100+ ones.

SoMuchFattitude - This year definitely did fly by, but it's also been a busy one for me, so not surprising. That picture is beautiful and I'm totally jealous of your beach visit. Hope your knee and head get to feeling better soon. It's always frustrating when you have the motivation to work out but physically can't.

I'm back from Florida trip for Thanksgiving.. not the beach, just visiting with boyfriend's family. Everything went better than expected. Boyfriend and I have been together for almost 3 years now and it was his parent's first time meeting my son. We celebrated his sixth birthday there, even though it isn't officially his birthday until Dec 4th. They loved him, kept commenting on how well mannered he was, and boyfriend's mom even asked if maybe they could have him over for a week during the summer to spend more time with him. So that's a plus. There were also comments about how good I looked, which was awesome cause I don't really see a change looking in the mirror.

That being said I am up a bit to 231 after hitting 229.8 prior to the holidays. Of course I was way off plan the entire weekend, so that's expected. Time to get back on track now and finally hit that first mini-goal!
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 06:17 AM   #3  
Sassafrass

Yes, yes - welcome TT and Flickety!

I keep contemplating going back to just online. It's so much cheaper and I havent been to a meeting in a hot minute. I can't find a meeting time that works for me since I'm now working 4 - 10 hour days.

Sun - thank you! And yes, I'd finally gotten excited about training and then boom... I can barely turn my head today. UGH. At least when my bike trainer comes in I'll be doing low impact so my knees won't matter when I'm on it. The half marathon is another matter. LOL

So glad you had fun in FL and that the bf's parents loved your son! (My mom's bday is 12/4, too!) Yay for compliments!
Old 12-03-2014, 08:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 199/166/135

Height: 5"1

Thanks so much for the welcome! My boyfriend actually proposed while we were away so now I have additional motivation to get to my goal weight!

I do online and find it works really well for me so far. I commute for about 3 hours round trip every day and find it hard enough to find time to exercise four times a week let alone go to a meeting. I am pretty strict about tracking so I think that's why it works.

I didn't go too crazy while we were away but I did have a god-knows-how-many-points bowl of prawn and crayfish ravioli.

I usually try not to eat my weekly or activity points at all but will definitely have eaten a good fifteen or twenty this week so will be interesting to see the result when I step on the scales on Sunday.

Mentally, I know I shouldn't be so uptight about using them (especially as I'm only on 28 points a day) but I've felt super guilty all week.

That's really encouraging Sunarie that people are starting to see your weight loss!
flickety_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Good morning everyone. Thank you for the welcome. I'm enjoying this WW program. I'm testing the water this week and have found that during the day I am fine but night time is definitely my downfall. I need to be really tough on myself and not let myself mindlessly eat in front of the tv. I look forward to this time of the day because kids are in bed and it's me time. Last night I blew all the good work of the week. But brush myself off and keep going. Next week I am going to try and do a workout in the evenings when the kids go to bed. Try changing a habit. I have a crazy but good weekend coming up, I live in Holland and tomorrow evening is called Pakjesavond, parcels evening. Sinterklaas (Dutch Santa) leaves a bag of presents for the children in the garden or at the front door, fun. So, we are having a party and a sleepover for cousins and grandparents. I will plan some food that I can point. Congrats on your engagement Flickety. Talk soon, have a good day everyone.
TwoTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 12:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

God morning everyone. I am changing my weigh in day to a Friday instead of a Saturday. So, I'm down 3lbs for my first week. Good stuff. Have a great on plan day!
TwoTots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 07:01 AM   #7  
Sassafrass

Flickety- OMG! HOW EXCITING?!?!?! CONGRATS!!! Details?! I absolutely hear you about the commute. I work a 10 hour day. I leave for work at 515am and get home at 515pm. Exercise is tough on that kind of schedule. I'm trying to find a way to build it in now that Im 1/2 marathon training. I used to try and not eat my weeklies or AP, but I realized I actually lose better when I do eat them.

TT - Pakjesavond sounds fun! Is this the only day Sinterklaas visits or will he return? Enjoy your sleepover and congrats on 3lbs!!!

---

I'm doing well. Can't really complain. I've stayed totally on plan this week and I am hoping for a good weekend! I've got a cake gig (I bake! www.sinfullysanders.com ) tomorrow and then next Wednesday so I'll be in the kitchen over the weekend. Dh and I spent last night putting my bike trainer together and up in the bedroom. NO MORE EXCUSES!!!
Old 12-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #8  

Thanks SoMuchFattitude! We had gone away for our five-year anniversary and we went to go see the Twelve Apostles (these beautiful limestone rock stacks along the coast in Australia) and he was behaving quite oddly so I thought something might be up. He had planned to propose there but there were too many people so we went down to an isolated beach nearby for a walk and he asked me there.

Commutes are the worst and people who don't do them can never understand how tired they make you or the impact it has on your life.

But yay for getting your bike trainer together! We rented a treadmill when I started WW three weeks ago and I am finding it much easier to motivate myself when it's right in my house. Have committed to three 3km power-walks (at a pretty fast clip, almost a jog) a week with one or two yoga classes thrown in there as well. Last night (Friday night in OZ), I jumped on for 40 minutes after dinner and if I had to leave the house that was never going to happen. Fingers crossed for a good loss tomorrow!
Old 12-05-2014, 03:50 PM   #9  

Congrats flickety_switch! Very exciting indeed. So romantic how he asked you too. Commutes are crazy and I'm glad I no longer have one. Yay for renting a treadmill though. I always like how I feel when I get off something like a treadmill. Kind of feel like you're floating.

Twotots - Yay for the loss! I've been doing yogurt with protein granola (think it's by nature valley) at night. Tends to help and it's not too many points (4 pp). I have it planned into my day.

SoMuchFattitude - My last name is Sanders! Those cakes look amazing, I definitely don't have the artists touch needed to do that type of decorating. Yay for the bike trainer!

I'm stepping away from the scale for a bit. Usually I weigh daily but the whole gain from the holidays has me being negative so I'm switching to just weighing in for challenges for a while. Hopefully some of this weight will drop off in the meantime. I've been on plan and am back to doing my Zumba DVDs.
Old 12-06-2014, 02:18 PM   #10  

I know what you mean Sunarie, I can't weigh every day, it's bad for my headspace.

Today was my weigh-in and I'm a bit disappointed, even though i know I probably shouldn't be. 0.7kg loss (1.5 pounds). I know I'm not going to have 1.6kg losses every week like last week. I think I'm probably not going to be a person who can eat many of her weeklies (although I only ate fifteen and I exercised four times this week) and lose well.

Oh well, onwards and upwards. I've lost 3.2kg (7 pounds) since I started three weeks ago which I'm happy with. Going to the city today to shop for Xmas gifts so will relax the reins a bit and have a treat (but still track) and then will try not to use any of my weeklies for the rest of the week.
Old 12-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #11  

I usually do okay, but knowing how close I was to my first mini-goal and then seeing how much I gained daily was not helping me at all.

Don't be disappointed about your first weigh-in. 1.5lbs is still good! I average around a pound a week and I don't really eat my weeklies or my activity points. Way to go for 7lbs lost total in three weeks!

I weighed in today for a challenge and I'm back down plus a tiny bit. Was at 229 even, which means my first mini-goal of 15lbs has finally been hit! Took me 3 months but I'm there! Got to go around updating everything, and will be posting some progress pictures in a thread I have going in the mini-goal area. Have to wait for boyfriend to get home to take them.. we don't have a full length mirror. I'm excited though. Will probably go back to daily weighing now and see how I do.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:53 AM   #12  

Wondering if anyone can help me figure out the points for a meal?

I usually try to avoid going out for lunch at work so I can control what I eat but a colleague is leaving so am going out for lunch tomorrow.

We're going to a Japanese place and I'm going to order a dish I've had before- grilled chicken soba noodle salad. It's got about 100-150g of grilled chicken (but cooked in some sort of oil) and maybe 80g of soba noodles? The only other thing that would be worth points from memory is maybe a quarter of an avocado? Rest is kale, capsicum and other vegies.

Would 10 points be an OK guestimate? What do you think?
Old 12-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #13  

I'd probably do 11 or 12 points.. but I'm not on the official program so calculations may be off. When I looked up the nutritional info for chicken (cause I know it's usually around 1 point an ounce, but don't know the grams version).. from plugging in the numbers for 1 cup of chicken chopped/diced (140g) that was 8 points by itself. The noodles were 3 points for 114g, and then I'd assume the oil or sauce the chicken is grilled with is at least a point or two. I do tend to guess on the high side of things when it comes to guesstimating points in restaurant food.
Old 12-13-2014, 02:45 PM   #14  

Feeling excited! Stepped on the scales today for WI and I'm down 1.3kg (2.8 pounds)! And reached my 5% goal! Have lost 4.5kg (10 pounds) in four weeks.

Had a very good week (exercised five times and only used four or five weekly points).

WW really does work Really hoping to reach my 10% goal by our engagement party in five weeks time but that might be a bit of a stretch considering Xmas!
Old 12-15-2014, 01:34 PM   #15  

Congrats on the big loss and on reaching your first goal in only 4 weeks! I've really enjoyed WW so far too, and this is by far the longest I've ever stuck to a dietary change in my life.

I'm sick right now, so bleh. Hanging around 228.4 now instead of 228.6 or 229. I've always had a really hard time getting away from 230, in fact most diets I didn't even really drop below that. Gotta keep on track though. I've not been eating a whole lot while sick.. but did allow myself some sprite. Also have warm lemonade mixed with honey because it helps my throat.