Old 11-30-2014, 06:52 PM   #1  

Default Royal Palace Reopens--ALL ROYALS Welcome!!!!

Ta Da! Ta Da! In the Royal tradition of the Treating Ourselves Royally Thread, I officially REOPEN the Palace to all Royals!! No matter where you are on your journey, the Palace is place without guilt or shame. The Palace has been closed for a little while as many respected Royals traveled their realms but in their honor, this Royal reopens the Palace to welcome all Royals to share and support our journey to meet our weight goals.

Perhaps you have just begun your journey, perhaps ( like yours truly) your journey has been a long one with detours and u turns and starting again or perhaps you are at your goal ---we all have wisdom to share. This is a safe place to share and support without judgement. We may agree to disagree but we always remember we deserve to be Royalty and should treat ourselves and each other in a most royal manner.

Today is my first day back on the road. I was sidetracked after a very successful trip although it was a long one. My story of weight loss is like so many--- once I stopped doing what was working, I gained everything back. But, one thing the palace always has, fresh from the Regal Printer, FRESH START CARDS, and I invite all of you to grab a few as you come in and make yourself comfortable. Also, right off the printer are NO GUILT CARDS, grab some of those too.

This time of year has always been tough for me with so many opportunities to not eat well. But, if I find others to join me, I find the journey easier.

Anyone with me??

Last edited by Kaye5861; 11-30-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Kaye5861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:44 AM   #2  

Height: 5'2"

Huzzah, Kaye, so glad to see ye and thank ye for starting up the palace again. I am former long-time royal known as Amarantha.

I read the site sometimes and saw your light in the royal tower and rejoined.

My weight management story is long and complex and I am currently happy with my weight but wishing to lose approximately five pounds at the moment. Fitness and feeling well are my main goals.

I remember I used to post in the third person here a lot, not as much into that now lol.

But t'is wonderful to see the palace again.
Sage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:04 AM   #3  

Hello and Welcome Sage!! Very thrilled to see you again too!!! (I still remember when I called you Empress!!)

Congratulations and many huzzahs for being at goal!! You have traveled well and again, its great to see you again!!!

Since last we spoke, my realm has moved. Almost 4 yrs ago, after about an 18 month illness, I became a widow. Just about a year ago, I remarried and now live, now too far from another Royal you will remember, Anagram!!

My experiences have given me a far deeper appreciation for celebrating what I have today. I have also become a recovering Perfectionist and People Pleaser. ( Talk about how that was a conflict !!)

I am thrilled to see you again and look forward to catching up!!

AND, welcome any other Royal who would like to join us as we journey to meet our goals. The light in the tower remains on!!
Old 12-02-2014, 09:47 AM   #4  

Good morrow, Kaye, and congratulations on your marriage a year ago. That is happy news.

I do remember Anagram and hope she is well and checks in here.

My only other update on life is that I am retired from my previous profession and have gone back to school to pursue a second degree in a different area of study.

Have a wonderful day, Kaye, and anyone who reads this.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:47 PM   #5  

Hi Sage. How did Tuesday go for you? Remember how Dulce la Leche would call your name even when you were miles away from it??

Sometimes when we think our resolve is strongest, we realize how wrong we can be. Learned some news today that a minor repair to caulk a basement window to prevent rain coming in is really a 3 day job involving an entire day of digging. I will spare the details as even as it was being explained to me, I was bored. The condensed version is a type of outside drain very close to the window but underground needs to be replaced.

If the Royal Handyman only had something chocolate to eat instead of that estimate and work order I had to sign!
This work means other plans for the house are on hold --- you can imagine how this Royal wanted to just take her tiara and throw it at that window and then order a tall something sweet and gooey as a chaser!!

But, that's one advantage of a nearly empty palace being readied for sale....empty fridge except for the sandwiches DH and I brought for our lunch.

somehow I managed to get thru the rest of he day without the tall sweet and gooey and even had a dinner with enough protein to make me know any cravings are not hunger but window stress and frustration. But, let me tell you, everytime that frustration surfaced, that tall sweet and gooey promised to make everything all right.

so, my thought is this: after a zillion "refocus" deep breaths, counting, etc, etc, will I ever not immeadiately first want food to deal with stress?? The intensity caught me off guard but I was very frustrated so maybe its a in proportion deal.

A good walk would of course help but the weather is more likely that I might be shoveling come tomorrow morning. The shoveling is a exaggeration ---its just a freezing rain coating everything.

So. There you have it. So far, I've managed not stress eat. But I really could have throw that tiara!!!!

Would love to hear more about your classes Sage!
Old 12-03-2014, 02:44 PM   #6  

Hi, Kaye. Tuesday went pretty well. I've posted a little personal, no reply type minimalist calorie "log" journal in the Calorie Counters section of 3FC to post my calories and weekly weigh-ins. I've been struggling with overeating for a while now and the exercise of posting the data helps.

Congrats on staying tall, sweet and gooey-less during your stressful day.

I am so blessed to live in the desert where snow and freezing rain isn't coming down the pike anytime soon, although occasionally we do have hail, monsoons and even a bit of snow (but we like it, at least other people like it, I don't lol).

Your reflection about whether it will ever be possible to not immediately want food first to deal with stress is one I used to struggle with.

But, to be honest, I have learned that for me, the answer is that it is unlikely for me to ever cease thinking of food first (especially chocolate) when stressed. As I'm stressed a lot, I have indeed developed more coping mechanisms and that helps often, but sometimes I fall into the rabbit hole and eat too much.

That, however, is okay with me as it proves I am human and humans, like all animals, value eating (IMO) above all other things. That is just the way it is and I am not an exception. I just try to do as little damage to the "diet" as possible and keep on keeping on.

Lol, I'll talk more about classes after the finals next week. New semester starts January 20.

Not sure if I mentioned it but I eat gluten free now, having had a diagnosis of NCGS (Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity). I know that is controversial with some and a fad, but I have never felt so well or been happier with a way of eating.

Huzzah to all Royals who may pass this way and feel the urge to stop in and post.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:01 PM   #7  

Sun finally arrived this side of the realm today. Took until nearly noon and its a pleasure to see it.

DH and I moved some furniture to make room for the Christmas tree, etc.
Its a darn shame when you're a Royal and the decorators union doesn't allow for any lifting!!!

Full moon funnies!! Issue at the house I mentioned yesterday, then a car needed to towed to the garage, and pretty much a continuance of "if it can happen, it will".

So, trying to remember to see the humor in all of it and not get lost in it all.

Gluten free sounds very interesting. I tried to go without awhile back hoping it would ease cravings. Experiment didn't last long, but the cravings remained. Maybe if I stayed the course longer.
Here's to a good Thursday Sage!!

To all ROYALS, Lets do this!!
Old 12-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #8  

Chilly and dark this side of the realm. By midmorning, incoming storm made a nap seem very appealing but the truck needed to be emptied and a couple of things brought under cover from the yard. 30 minutes later, much more energetic and thoughts of the 1st rule of Physics I learned "Body in motion stays in motion" thru my head.

Food intake has been pretty good and I am pleased. Its far too soon to see a difference and since I don't have a scale in the house, even a tiny drop will have to become a bigger drop. Its too easy for me to become discouraged by the scale so using my mirror and my clothes as my measure.

Since there are lots and lots of boxes, etc to unload and fit into what is already here and its good motivation to keep moving. Royal canines must have thought I didn't have enough to to and decided the bedspread was a good place to be sick. Royal laundress has the holidays off so laundry too is on the Royal to do list.

The weekend is upon us, hard to believe the first week of December is nearly gone!!!
Old 12-06-2014, 08:56 AM   #9  

Huzzah, Kaye! This is a fly-by as it's a study day for moi and I have to also shop for groceries, do laundry, etc. lol!

It's cold and dark here as well but we are expecting a beautiful day.

You have really been doing well and kudos for that.

I'm hanging in but still struggling with the food side (too much).

And, yea, the weekend is here and my last one for school work until next semester! That ought to reduce the stress eating.

Last edited by Sage2; 12-06-2014 at 08:56 AM.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:33 PM   #10  

Semester break. Is it like summer break that seems so long until maybe the end of the first week off and where or where did the time go??

Lots of up and down bringing in a live Christmas tree in the rain and then wiping up, drying off Royal Canines who of course had to stand outside and watch the entire procession.
Then, rearranging tables and bookcases, dusting, putting the tree in front of the front window-- yikes, how did that window get so dirty--you get the drift. Good news is the tree is positioned, poised to extend its branches as it warms and it draws water through trunk. And a few more items found behind the bookcases have found their way to recycling which is the ultimate multitasking for me........movement, organizing and a few more items out the door. So now, after helping carrying in the tree and 2 patio sized windows washed up on chairs, both sides, etc, I can feel muscles I haven't used in a long time.

Its Saturday at home so its Prairie Home Companion the radio in front of a fire. Its a royal moment to savor.
Old 12-07-2014, 10:43 AM   #11  

Lol, yea, it kind of is going to be like summer break that seems so long but will pass quickly, Kaye.

Good work on all the exercise in getting in the tree and organizing/cleaning. You are doing great.

I love Prairie Home Companion on NPR, too. I also love Car Talk and am glad reruns are being played as a tribute to co-host Tom Magliozzi, who died Nov. 3 of this year.

In a separate post, I will cross post my Sunday weigh-in entry from the little personal logging thread I'm doing in the calorie counter section of 3FC. Hope this is okay.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:20 AM   #12  

To all Royals, far and wide, a good Wednesday Morning!!

Sage, your name is well given as you are wise to look at the scale, understand what was happening in your life, forgive and move on.

For me, similar experience of more stress related to prepping the house for sale-- and I found myself in the chocolate and didn't care!! I decided to enjoy the chocolate and just that slowed me down some but note, I didn't say stopped..... Fresh start card in hand and I am beginning Wednesday with a good breakfast and lots of activity around and in the PA house to keep me away from what I cannot change and working on what I can!!

( not an original thought but certainly one I should repeat often!)

been invited to Christmas dinner with friends whose families all live elsewhere .......we don't know for sure whose house the dinner will be as one couple has to travel with a wheelchair and if weather is dicey we will wind up there.
All of this is right up my alley as this will be a perfect blend of tradition and modern.

So, fresh start card in hand, list of chores in the other, taking breaks and treating myself Royally here we go Wednesday, here we go!
Old 12-11-2014, 07:28 PM   #13  

Ha, I have finally found the new thread. Thanks for starting and letting me know, Kaye. Just flying by now that I've found you. Will need to get the hang of this again.
anagramredux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 07:34 PM   #14  

Ta da Ta da !!!! The Palace drawbridge is open wide, decked with banners and flowers, its the holiday season!!

Welcome Anagram! Glad you found us!!!

Hoping more Royals will join us too, so many Royals yet to meet!

So many displays in stores, commercials, recipes on news shows, talk shows, EVERYWHERE FOOD!

Working on making sure I have at the ready foods I enjoy, and leave me full. Dh and I have made a few concessions, he enjoys hotdogs, I watch him eat them while I enjoy a veggie burger. ( which by the way, I am thrilled to be eating again as they dropped the hydrogenated oil!!!!!!!!!!!).

A friend shared 24 days of David's Teas and its a nice treat. Each day has a different sample and so far, very enjoyable.

More house stress. Will not go on the market until March. A main supporting beam needs work. There is evidence previous owner only patched a leak and called it a shower leak when it was under the commode. there is nothing I can do to change this delay. Can only make sure the repairs are done and know at least all the sorting, packing, throwing, is 99.9 done and believe me, that is a relief. Now, of course, it means, incorporating everything into the current residence.

Holidays. Holidays and memories. Its a challenge. Its how it is. Its often times less than the happiest time of the year.

But, we do our best. We give ourselves benefit of the doubt as we are dong the best we can.

So, who's had fruit today?
And a vegetable? How about 2?

I had fruit and a potato. Think I will have an apple now.

till tomorrow!
Old 12-13-2014, 10:19 PM   #15  

Huzzah, Kaye and Anagram, and any other Royals lurking in the vicinity.

This is a fly-by just to drop a calling card and look around. Have been having a rather stressful time of it this week but coping in ways other than food, for the most part.

Nothing serious. Life is good.

Great to see lights in the tower and coals in the fireplace in the palace once more.

Hmmm, Kaye, come to think of it, I haven't had either a vegetable or a fruit today, unless you count LOTS of coffee (it's extracted from a bean, so I guess it's veggie juice).

Looking forward to the Solstice and Christmas.

Have a great week, all!