South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 06:20 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Beach Chatting, Wednesday, Nov 26

Good Morning

No clever title this morning I'll just get us started.

My sister arrived early last night. I stopped at WhFoods before heading to the airport so I wouldn't have to hit the store today. I'm getting things packed up (note to self: don't forget the pies) and we will head over to meet Kirk at the pool this morning. The passes are crazy with snow so it will be great to beat the traffic. We'll enjoy some pool time then prep our official meal and put the 1/2 turkey in before we head to her treatment. I'd imagine the house will smell lovely by the time we return.

We'll head back over tomorrow and enjoy leftovers. Friday morning we'll drop her off at the airport and just keep heading East to meet our new furby. I'm getting pretty excited about that! I got a few more pictures from the rescue coordinator and she's calling him a ToyCockerSpaniel. He's 22# and 12" high. Of course, he needs a full dental and neuter....definitely a Sr. but November is adopt a Sr. pet so we're right on course. I'm hoping we can give him another 5 years....something that looked improbable for him, otherwise.

So...that's my news!

What is on your agenda today? Stop and say hi

I'm headed down to find more coffee...does anyone care to join me?

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-26-2014 at 06:29 AM.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I understand, Lexiss!

Thank goodness it's Wednesday, since in the states here, we have tomorrow off for THanksgiving! So much to be grateful for.

I am thinking I need to look out the window and check the weather forecast, we're supposed to get some snow today. We lovingly call it "not-so-accuweather" around here, their main office is actually in town. They almost always get the volume of snow wrong!

I have a full day of work, then making a requested pumpkin cheesecake tonight. We're having a very low key holiday with the neighbors. I might call a couple I adore from church and make sure they have plans as well.

Have a great Thanksgiving Eve!
Old 11-26-2014, 06:32 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, Tammy! I wish I could drop over for just one piece of Pumpkin Cheesecake! It sounds very Yum! Sorry you have to work today...oh, well. I do check the weather over the passes because they often close but other than that I just wake up and go outside. It seems far more reliable than the not so accu-weather! Have a great day!
Old 11-26-2014, 06:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It's already snowing here, but only laying in the grassy areas. I'm holding off deciding whether I'll venture out to the farm once we get daylight, but we're due for anywhere between 4-8". Monica and Carley are planning on driving out here this afternoon, and I hope they make it all right! Amber and Tyler's school is closed today, and they are thrilled.

I want to get the turkey prepared so I can just pop it in the oven in the morning, and this evening I want to get some side dishes ready and set the tables so I'm not running around all day tomorrow.

Thanks for getting us started today, Debbie, and I hope you have a good day!

Tammy, is it snowing at your house yet?
Old 11-26-2014, 06:46 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good TD Eve, USA Beachers. Sorry about the snow and hope it doesn't mess up anyone's plans. We are just 32F and no snow in sight so there is a chance that the roofers may show.

Finished the schoolwork prizes yesterday and am considering hitting the road to deliver them today. That will depend on whether or not Willie the stove fixer has the element for the oven. I really miss my oven and am anxious to get some baking done. (I was voluntold to bring a rum cake to the quilters' lunch on Monday!)

Wishing you all a great TD Eve. I'm waiting for the turkey smell but know I'm a day early.
Old 11-26-2014, 06:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

It's funny Linda - look at the radar, ALL the snow has completely missed us so far. That's why it's called "happy valley"

Looks like my drive will be a bit rough though.

Ruth - when are they fixing your oven!?!?
Old 11-26-2014, 07:46 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.
Debbie - I'll wave from 2 hours away

Last night was horribly stressful.

DS2 made it home around 2:00am. He had to take back roads to LA airport because of riots over Ferguson decision.

DS1 and I spent hours on skype and phone trying to get him on earlier flight today out of PA to get ahead of storm. And then there was his girlfriend to worry about, flying out of Hartford. Delta had already cancelled flights from NY and was waiving fees to change others. We were a bit late; options vanished before our eyes in the hour on hold. Ended up footing bill to get him the last seat on the last flight out early - first class. GF is supposedly at the airport now. No seat assigned as of last I knew but supposedly confirmed, not standby. Fingers crossed.

I am working until 2 so now won't be able to go with DH to airport. And they no longer arrive at same time. But I'm feeling THANKFUL!!!
Old 11-26-2014, 07:57 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Gosh, Karen, what a night for you! I pray everyone makes it home safely.

DS2 made it halfway last night and DS1 will pick him up this morning and come the last 3 hours. We look to be missing the snow.

Debbie, are you more excited about Turkey Day or your new furball?

Tammy, I am making a pumpkin cheesecake pie from Kalyn's site. I can't wait to see how it tastes.

Ok, DH has the coffee made. I need to put the turkey in the sink to thaw. That's my least favorite part of the prep for this day.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Just heard from GF - she has been assigned seats! Woo hoo. Sitting far back, of course, with short connection time. So I'm not done worrying yet. Will be at work when she lands and gets next flight so will have to just breathe and let it go.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:47 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I am wfh today so thankful for that, working on laundry right now and will start baking later. Hoping it is a quiet day at work.

Debbie how exciting to get your new fur baby, you will have to post pics once you pick up

Tywnn drive safe today

Cottage you be careful as well driving

Ruth I hope the roofers come and you get your oven fixed today. Did the roofers make it there yesterday?

Karen sorry for your stress I know that feeling of worrying about travelers, hope GF has smooth connection, I have run through terminals many a time to make my connections due to delays

Beth I am sure you are excited to see your DS's.

Okay need to get back to work, have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 11-26-2014, 09:22 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning.

Hope everyone has safe travels

Debbie I am so excited for you!!!! What is your new fur baby's name? My old guy is stressed with DS home. Only one accident last night, but wanted a walk at 1 am so I obliged.

I love pumpkin cheesecake and yes the bakery let me pick up yesterday phew!!!! I cancelled my car appointment for today. Not going anywhere until tomorrow.

Snow blower is ready I am in the 12" range. My neighbors work for Shoprite and won't be home until late. I told Jim not to worry we will take care of their driveway. He always takes care of mine when I am at work. They are great, like family to me.

lol went to the diner last night with DS, who cut class and came home early. I was quite stressed and decided on a fajita chicken wrap and fries. Ate it all and was down 1 pound today. Thank you scale for being nice to me I heeded it!!!

I think I am going to park myself on the couch with a second cup before hitting the bike.

Have a wonderful day
Old 11-26-2014, 09:26 AM   #12  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Debbie. Hoping your drive up is successful. Wow that pup sounds gorgeous

Tammy. Pumpkin cheesecake must be delicious. I've never had any

Ruth. I love the word volutold. I know quite a few people who do that

Karen. Hope all plans come together

Linda. Nice to have all your family for thanksgiving.

Beth. I don't like thawing turkey either

Pearlrose. Glad you can work from home

emergency visit to dentist yesterday. I thought for sure another root canal was coming but he said its a sensitivity problem and put a varnish on it and told me to change toothpaste. Amazon delivered 2 baking books that are on best seller list. A girl can drool can't she. I do bake alot but somehow have the willpower to just try it once and then it goes into the deep freeze or sons take it or give it to friends.
Wishing everyone a happy thanksgiving
take care
sophie
Old 11-26-2014, 09:28 AM   #13  
sophie

Jen. So nice to have good neighbours. Enjoy time with ds
take care
Sophie
Old 11-26-2014, 09:54 AM   #14  

Everyone sounds so busy - I got off easy this year: pies and green beans. Making two of the yes, and purchasing two, so everything is good to go for tomorrow! We only go about 45 minutes away, so all roads should be fine by then. And if not, well, I have my SF chocolate/SF whipped cream/LF graham cracker crust pie to pull me off the wagon . . .

The kids and I did gift shopping for our "adopt a family" this year - I never knew there was so much Monster High STUFF out there! It was really nice to share that with them, and they enjoyed choosing things. Nice family outing.

Here's hoping everyone's travels are safe and as uncomplicated as possible.
Be well!
Old 11-26-2014, 05:47 PM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

greetings from snowy Vermont. It started as I was driving out of the tire place (got my new studded snows on) and has not stopped. We decided to make it a day trip to DD's tomorrow. Much as we wanted to be there tonight we would be driving right into it and I had to work until midday. I cooked the turkey, spicy sweet potatoes, and cinnamon whipped parsnips and I will package them all up for maximum yummy reheating tomorrow. Not the ideal but hey, there's a baby Speaking of baby, he will be 1 month on Sunday and he has already gained 2 lbs 10 oz! That boy can eat

It's been fun cooking for hours. I miss that when I'm busy.

Happy holiday to those celebrating, happy snow to those who enjoy it (Tammy!), and just plain happiness to everyone. Take time to appreciate all the good things in your life. It makes every day a little easier and much sweeter.
Closed Thread