Old 11-25-2014, 01:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 244/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Bad Time for a Bad WI

Wk 7 WI today, only down 1.4lbs. I was determined NOT to have the typical under 2lb loss week and was hopeful I had beat my body at its own game but I lost! DANG and right before T'giving too! TOM also paid a visit and is a complete disaster, IP has my body screaming for mercy! Sorry...not giving in until you give up your grip on the fat!!!! All this chaos also inched my body fat and water retention numbers up slightly too as well as my BP! HOT MESS over here! It's a loss and I'll take it...even more water in this week in an effort to have a big loss next!
BStr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:00 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

You will hear this a LOT around here.....

ONLY is a four letter word!

Remember that your body is going to do what it's going to do, no matter what you WANT it to do...losing 1.4 lbs is a GREAT week and you should be very proud of yourself for sticking to plan and waving that weight goodbye!

If it feels like a small number? Go grab SIX STICKS OF BUTTER. That's how much fat is no longer stuck to you. Sometimes a visual helps make the losses more tangible

Water retention is going to happen around TOM anyway...as it will when you are stressed, injured/sick, or dehydrated. I don't put a lot of stock in the scales that "measure" water %, but you know when you feel a little bloated...remember that the water will flush out before too long, and you may find that next week the scale has a post-T-day gift for you

Hang in there!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 238/238/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStr13 View Post
Wk 7 WI today, only down 1.4lbs. I was determined NOT to have the typical under 2lb loss week and was hopeful I had beat my body at its own game but I lost! DANG and right before T'giving too! TOM also paid a visit and is a complete disaster, IP has my body screaming for mercy! Sorry...not giving in until you give up your grip on the fat!!!! All this chaos also inched my body fat and water retention numbers up slightly too as well as my BP! HOT MESS over here! It's a loss and I'll take it...even more water in this week in an effort to have a big loss next!
I'm so glad to see that despite the challenges you're facing right now you're determined to NOT GIVE UP!! That is what counts most. I too retain a TON of water thanks to TOM. Usually between 10 - 15lbs without a diuretic, with the diuretic about 5-8. Thanks for encouraging me by remaining positive and steadfast during this rough patch 1.4lbs is GREAT! And as one of the previous posts points out.....once that water is gone your scale numbers are going to be "gone" too. Keep up the good work!!

Last edited by OldMeBack; 11-25-2014 at 02:13 PM.
OldMeBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:13 PM   #4  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I was just scanning your ticker too - I noticed that you had two pretty big loss weeks in a row. It's also VERY common for your body to go through an "adjustment" week or two after it's dropped a large amount of fat. That could be what's going on too, if that's the case it's just your body's way of regrouping after a major change in your composition.

Breathe, understand that some of your emotional reaction to the scale may be due to TOM hormones and brush it off - you are doing GREAT!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:15 PM   #5  

Bad WI?
The scale went DOWN, did it not?
We celebrate EVERY loss.

And the more we let go of expectations, the more satisfied we are with our progress.
There are no "only-ies" except the ones we create in our own head.

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-25-2014 at 02:16 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 02:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 244/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I was just scanning your ticker too - I noticed that you had two pretty big loss weeks in a row. It's also VERY common for your body to go through an "adjustment" week or two after it's dropped a large amount of fat. That could be what's going on too, if that's the case it's just your body's way of regrouping after a major change in your composition.

Breathe, understand that some of your emotional reaction to the scale may be due to TOM hormones and brush it off - you are doing GREAT!
Thanks ladies!!! I knew going in it wasn't going to be a big loss and I'm happy it was a loss no doubt! TOM is an evil presence and it affected me hugely this week. It was and is all out of whack, had no idea when it would arrive, it comes and goes and has lasted for days (usually 1-2 days max), I was an emotional disaster area Friday, laid in my bed and cried like a 13 yr old little girl for who knows what reason, slept poorly....when I say HOT MESS I mean HOT MESS!!! Have to laugh at the non-sense now! I'm most happy to put this week behind me and MOVE forward! With a little humor and determination the sun will come up tomorrow and the lbs will fall away!!!!
BStr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 03:00 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStr13 View Post
Thanks ladies!!! I knew going in it wasn't going to be a big loss and I'm happy it was a loss no doubt! TOM is an evil presence and it affected me hugely this week. It was and is all out of whack, had no idea when it would arrive, it comes and goes and has lasted for days (usually 1-2 days max), I was an emotional disaster area Friday, laid in my bed and cried like a 13 yr old little girl for who knows what reason, slept poorly....when I say HOT MESS I mean HOT MESS!!! Have to laugh at the non-sense now! I'm most happy to put this week behind me and MOVE forward! With a little humor and determination the sun will come up tomorrow and the lbs will fall away!!!!
The biggest thing to remember is that TOM only affects what the scale says. It doesn't really affect actual fat loss.
We lose fat pretty consistently but the actual WEIGHT is affected by fluid, which is affected by a variety of things, including many different hormones, how much water we drink, sodium consumption, etc.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 03:45 PM   #8  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

I hear you on the disappointment that it isn't more .. this week my loss is slower, but I've lost inches. Pull out that tape measure or put on the clothes you were wearing before you started. The difference you see is progress.

We all get frustrated and feel that we should be losing more when we are OP, but bodies are doing more for us than just regulating how much fat we burn in ketosis. Sometimes they just have other priorities.

So long as you keep moving forward, it doesn't matter if it's 10lb or 0.1lbs, it's in the right direction and those losses WILL come. Stay strong!
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 172/154/150

Height: 5'9"

I'm proud of you!! Stay Focus and give your best for this week!!
weddingdressmission is offline   Reply With Quote