Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 07:44 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Monday 11/24/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 11-24-2014, 07:58 AM   #2  
Beginner

S/C/G: 184/183/150

Good Morning All

Had a pretty good weekend except one goof up, but stayed on OP yesterday. I have WI this evening. I checked my scale this AM at home I was at 171.6.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:14 AM   #3  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone,

Hope you all had a great weekend. Day 1 for me and I am excited to get started! Will check in later.

Have a great day!
Old 11-24-2014, 08:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning,

I had a nice quiet weekend, but as usual, it was too short I'm down 3lbs this week, so YAY!!

I hope everyone stays strong and on plan this week!
Old 11-24-2014, 08:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Hope this isn't TMI but I need to ask anyway...does cabbage totally screw up anyone else's "system"? I made crack slaw Friday night and it was awesome. However, by Friday night my stomach was a mess! I have been in the bathroom and "loose" since then! I am certain I have lost a ton of water because of it too. I got on the scale this morning and nothing budged so I can't figure this out! The only thing I can link it to is the cabbage as that is the only new thing I have had and it started Friday night. I don't feel like I'm sick, no other symptoms, no fever, don't feel bad or anything. Trying to suck down serious water but I feel wiped out!
Old 11-24-2014, 09:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeterminedDieter View Post
Good Morning,

I had a nice quiet weekend, but as usual, it was too short I'm down 3lbs this week, so YAY!!

I hope everyone stays strong and on plan this week!
Woohoo! Congrats!

I had a great WI on Sat. Down 2.7 for the week. I was very surprised. I was expecting to have to fight for every last pound to get to goal. This will be my last week on P1. I fly out for vacation for Thanksgiving tomorrow morning but don't have any worries about remaining 100% P1 the whole time. I've done it 100% since the beginning AND the friend that I'm visiting is also on IP. So it's a win. Now to go print out my boarding pass.

Hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving and a wonderful week.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #7  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStr13 View Post
Hope this isn't TMI but I need to ask anyway...does cabbage totally screw up anyone else's "system"? I made crack slaw Friday night and it was awesome. However, by Friday night my stomach was a mess! I have been in the bathroom and "loose" since then! I am certain I have lost a ton of water because of it too. I got on the scale this morning and nothing budged so I can't figure this out! The only thing I can link it to is the cabbage as that is the only new thing I have had and it started Friday night. I don't feel like I'm sick, no other symptoms, no fever, don't feel bad or anything. Trying to suck down serious water but I feel wiped out!
If I remember right, I think people had mentioned that cabbage has a tendency to clean the pipes. Which is really good if you are suffering from the IP big C. LOL.

I hope you feel better soon!
Old 11-24-2014, 09:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStr13 View Post
I eat this regularly, and have never noticed a change in digestion. But I had cabbage in my diet semi-regularly before IP. Sorry to hear that you are having a rough experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Woohoo! Congrats!

I had a great WI on Sat. Down 2.7 for the week. I was very surprised. I was expecting to have to fight for every last pound to get to goal. This will be my last week on P1. I fly out for vacation for Thanksgiving tomorrow morning but don't have any worries about remaining 100% P1 the whole time. I've done it 100% since the beginning AND the friend that I'm visiting is also on IP. So it's a win. Now to go print out my boarding pass.

That is awesome!! Congratulations!! Have a great trip, and keep up the great work
Old 11-24-2014, 10:09 AM   #9  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Quote:
Woohoo! Congrats!

Great weight lose. I found p2 to be hard maybe because it is on the home stretch. P3 is awesome I really missed fruit. P4 start is thanksgiving day for me. I planned it that way. So my first fun in Thursday .

You are almost at the end . Good luck .

Debby
Old 11-24-2014, 10:17 AM   #10  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Woohoo! Congrats!

Woohoo! Congratulations! Have a great trip!
Old 11-24-2014, 10:29 AM   #11  
Princess Melanie

S/C/G: Start 5/24/2012 198/146/140

Height: 5'5"

So I am back after being off for 2 years, my goal is to lose about 20-25lbs. I learned the IP protocol changed and I have the new one, I am using food I found online that claims to be made by the same company however their protocol is a lil different. I am losing, 8lbs in 24 days, but I have been going off the old protocol. My question is, should I switch and start using the new protocol or use the one from this site? I can explain more if you are not aware of the differances. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by princessM928; 11-24-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:08 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Happy Monday!

I have a great NSV to report!! I am officially out of my size 16s and in my 14s!!

A worker that hasn't seen me since August came in the office this morning and commented on how much weight i've lost.

I feel Great!! My brother left this morning, he was visiting from NY. I've been in Louisiana for 22 years now and this is his first time coming. We had a wonderful visit and bonding experience. I couldn't be happier. Two days of work and then we are headed to Florida (parents) for Thanksgiving.

Hope you all have a Happy Monday!!
Old 11-24-2014, 11:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 222/195/165

Height: 5'7"

I just looked back on my weight loss calendar and noticed I have only lost 6 pounds in 34 days, and I do not cheat. I drink my water take my vitamins, eat 8 0z lean protein per day, veggies etc. Has this happened to anyone else? The first month was great and I am doing the exact same things but very little WL.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:47 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Congrats, Kellyc14! Sounds like it is a very happy Thanksgiving week for you!

So, my coach mentioned that after next WI, we will do a "detox." Something about taking more supplements. Does anyone know what this means? I have searched on this forum but still not sure. (As background, I've been at this for 2.5 weeks and am down (only) 5 lbs.)
Old 11-24-2014, 12:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 223.5/205.2/160

Height: 5'4"

Morning all!!
Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm still feeling great. Went to see a movie last night and didn't freak out that I couldn't have popcorn, smuggled in a IP bar My second weighin is tomorrow, looking forward to it.
Closed Thread