Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-21-2014, 10:39 PM   #1  

Smile Having a go at it again!

Hello everyone! Last year I lost about 35 pounds, and guess what? Gained it all back! I just lost motivation, and got lazy. Now, I'm back at it and trying to be healthy again. I plan on reaching my goal weight of 125 pounds. It won't be a quick journey but if it was fast to lose weight, it would fast to gain it all back! So this is my first post of my journey and I just want to say how excited I am to change my life.
BrittanyLynette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 02:57 PM   #2  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

Welcome to the forum Brittany! That's so great you've lost 5 lbs already!! This forum is full of amazing supportive people and will make a big difference when you have a question or need help, etc. Just ask away.
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back Brittany!

Love what you said about "fast to lose, fast to gain it all back". That is so true. I'm speaking from experience. For years I gained about 13 - 15 lbs. and would do a cleanse or "fast" and lose it within 2 - 3 weeks. Well.....it always eventually came back within about 6 months. Always doing the yo-yo!

Not anymore! I joined this site to be accountable and I've received so much support and motivation. I'm learning about taking it slow. No more "instant results". It's about changing my behaviors and lifestyle. It's also about being patient, kind, and loving to myself. If I don't do it perfectly, I don't beat myself up. I just get back on track and realize that's part of my process.

Just over 3 weeks in and joining this site has been the best decision I've made in a long time!

Keep in touch and let us know how it's going!
AshliRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshliRose View Post
Love what you said about "fast to lose, fast to gain it all back". That is so true. I'm speaking from experience. For years I gained about 13 - 15 lbs. and would do a cleanse or "fast" and lose it within 2 - 3 weeks. Well.....it always eventually came back within about 6 months. Always doing the yo-yo!
Ugh, I completely identify with this. Twice I've lost 40 lbs and it's all come back with interest, at least as fast as I lost it.

I got to the point where I was terrified of losing weight, for fear of regaining twice as much. Now that I've finally found the drive to do it again, I've had to put some controls in place just to get over my psychological issues with losing weight... so I'm really carefully watching my weight loss to keep it at about 3 pounds of fat loss per month, and up to 1 pound of lean mass loss per month. SUPER SLOW.

It's not quite as exciting to jump on the scale (well, not as rewarding - it's exciting just because I like graphing stuff), but at least I feel like I'm in control, and if I fall off the wagon I'll probably land softly enough so I get get back on....
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:50 AM   #5  
Irish dance addict

S/C/G: 145/145.4/125

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome Brittany! I have the same goal weight as you and am coming back to 3FC after a few months of motivation lacking myself, in which I gained several pounds that I had managed to keep off for about a year previously. Best of luck!
atmos is offline   Reply With Quote