Old 11-19-2014, 02:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 217.5/209.5/150

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy Help...Cheated

I cheated today. I ate a Ghirardelli Brownie at a work function. I am so mad at myself. I am only 3.7 pounds from my goal, so hoped to move to Phase 2 next week. Is there anything I can do to counteract my bad action. I haven't had my supper or snack yet today. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
mommymeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Eat on normal program mommymeg, don't swing wildly from one extreme to another. Just realize that you had a little slip, think a bit about why and then move on to regular plan. Going off the deep end with deprivation will not make it better, it just leads to an uncontrolled mindset. You will probably not notice anything if you get back to plan now. You will notice a change if you keep up the little cheats though . Looking forward to seeing you on the maintainers threads soon!
Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 11-19-2014 at 03:01 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:09 PM   #3  

Thanks Liana,
I plan to have my regular supper but would you recommend skipping my snack tonight since the brownie would have lots of carbs in it? I was set to have a chocolate drink mix.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:10 PM   #4  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Like Liana said, just get back on program. If you're hungry tonight, have your snack - no need to torture yourself.

I would up my water if I was you though for a day or so - helps flush things out.

And really, stuff happens. What's important is that you recognize it and get right back OP. You've done really well so far, one slip up won't ruin all your hard work.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 04:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 281/277/180

Height: 5'5"

One of the best things i ever heard was that after the cheat, analyze why you cheated(was it temptation, boredom?) and not to punish yourself after. Go back OP and up your water for a few days(this will help flush out).
Katiemcbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:05 AM   #6  

Thanks ladies...was up about 0.5lb this morning...going to up my water for a few days and hope it flushes things out and I am back on track.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:24 AM   #7  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Way to stay on track!
There's a thread on here - The Real Cost of Cheating - and it's definitely worth a read when you have some time. Not suggesting you read it to make yourself feel guilty about your slip, but just to keep a clear mind. So many times in the past I'll have a slip and don't see it on the scale the next day and think I'm fine, but then the next time I have a craving I figure if I got away with it once I probably can again... and again and again until I've fallen off the deep end. Anyways, just a suggestion. I think there's a link to the thread in the first post of the Daily Chat thread.
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #8  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymeg View Post
I cheated today. I ate a Ghirardelli Brownie at a work function. I am so mad at myself. I am only 3.7 pounds from my goal, so hoped to move to Phase 2 next week. Is there anything I can do to counteract my bad action. I haven't had my supper or snack yet today. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Don't eat your snack today and eat a low low carb veggie and low low calorie for dinner and you won't even notice the effect (from 5 plus years experience with IP, I am 100% certain of this)
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:36 PM   #9  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

MommyMeg...

Transitioning off of P1 can be overwhelming. I think it's pretty normal to start having cheating thoughts or cravings after an extended time on p1. I starting reading the current and old maintainers threads when I got close to phasing off. Plus going from the strict guidelines of p1 to blurry lines of p4 can feel very out of control. Come join the maintainers thread when your ready!
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote