South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 06:29 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Weekend Beach Chat, Nov 15-16

Good morning!

What's on your weekend agenda?

I have to go up to one of the rentals this morning, but other than that my day looks pretty clear. I'm sure I'll do some housework this morning but other than that I might just kind of lay low. I had back to the restaurant tomorrow and have no idea what the rest of the week is going to bring.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-15-2014 at 06:35 AM.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:53 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Morning, Early Deb! I don't have a weekend agenda but set one up very shortly to see if I can offset the next "work" week crammed schedule.

Had a lovely time at the birthday party last night where the adults outnumbered the teens. Silas is a funny Harry Potter kind of boy and his friends are much the same. He asked me if I would put a pocket inside his tweed jacket for his magic wand! Dinner was delicious, company great and the short cold walk home with Liz and Moel was quite pleasant. Today we have a clear sunrise happening - 23ºF is quite delightful with sunshine.

The next two weeks are very busy and further complicated by Paul's crew who are going to remove carpet and sand the upstairs floors when I am away. Not only do the rooms need to be cleared but the closets too. The guest room had already had the floor finished so it'll be the repository of the keeper stuff. I need a Fly Lady army for a while to do the keep/recycle/pitch routine. Send strengthening thoughts, Beachers!

Now to clear off my desk jobs and make a start at the weekend. The dogs have already started theirs, curled up on one chair and zzzing away. They will probably not lift a paw to help!

Life is good but much better with coffee!
Old 11-15-2014, 07:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mornings are much better with coffee, and I sure am enjoying mine.

I don't have any agenda for today except for church tonight, but I'm open to anything. It's supposed to be a dry and sunny day, so maybe I'll finish cleaning up the gardens.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow when my Red Hat group are going to a Christmas show at a dinner theater!
Old 11-15-2014, 07:39 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! A sunny and dry 18* this morning. Brrrr

Today holds the normal weekend niggles- groceries, laundry, cleaning but I will also be sure to get in a walk as well. I can't let a sunny day go to waste.

Ruth, I remember having our floors done and what a chore it was to empty the room before hand- especially the closets! Wishing you lots of help.

Cottage, just filled my cup and I totally agree.

Debbie, enjoy your "slow" day.

Off to sort the laundry. Have a great day, chicks!!
Old 11-15-2014, 07:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Well, SHOOT. I had my whole post done, and it's gone.

Linda, I can't wait to get a report back on your dinner theater! Hope your day today is nice and calm.

Ruth, I hope that was a "hyphen 23" instead of a "negative 23" when you wrote - 23 degrees and beautiful!

Debbie - not much on tap for you today, but I'm sure it will fill up with everything you always get accomplished!

I slept in until 7 am!! What a great way to start the weekend. DH is way more worried about me than I am, and he's not letting me do much, so darned, I get to relax this weekend. I do need to get DD out to find some pants (did I mention my 9 year old DD wears a womens 8.5 shoe??!!), and make some pumpkin bread for the neighbors. With or without chocolate chips?

Coffee is ready!
Old 11-15-2014, 07:52 AM   #6  

HA! One of my blogs I visit is talking about Coffee Crisp today!

Good morning Beth. Hope you get lots of niggles done.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:52 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

waiting for dh to wake up and make breakfast. What can I say he offered and in the meantime enjoying my 2nd cup of coffee. Really have to put away some flower pots and furniture today and then I have apples waiting for apple pies which will be put away for Christmas

Debbie. Hope you get some relaxation today

Ruth. Sending flylady vibes your way. I have no problem getting rid of clothes and such but when it comes to my stash that's a diffrent thing

Linda. Tomoorow sounds nice

Beth have a nice long walk

off to sip my coffee and work on my knitting project
take care
Sophie
Old 11-15-2014, 07:55 AM   #8  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Tammy

doesnt sound like your not doing much. I vote with chocolate chip
take care
Sophie
Old 11-15-2014, 07:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Tammy what a great hubby you have!!! Lol your DD and I have a lot in common. My shoe size and age went hand in hand. Thankfully at 10 my feet stopped growing. Enjoy some down time today.

Seems like everyone is taking it a little easy this weekend.....well except for Ruth. Thankful I have laminate flooring upstairs so I Donot have to worry about refinishing it in my life time. In the spring I will tackle the attic again. I really need to pare down my Christmas decorations. Most of them don't ever leave the attic anymore.

I got a good jump on my gifts yesterday. One sister and my brother and his wife are done. Plus picked up a little something for my friend Meredith who is graduating from K9 school Thursday. She is a NYS Trooper. Back to Albany for the ceremony. Treated myself to a nail polish. I am so rough on my hands it is a waste to go get them done. I'm trying to find little stress anxiety relief outlets. So I thought I would try this.

DS is at his dad's this weekend so we are going out for breakfast. Since he is in "college time" I exprc we won't be going until 2 or 3 lol

Have a great day
Old 11-15-2014, 08:35 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning friends,
Wow, it must be cold for us too - if everyone's saying it is colder today than yesterday - we were freezing yesterday! It reminds me that I need to launder our coats and scarfs. Today we plan to go to the Queens Zoo, so we'll be outside, but at least it's sunny. This morning before we go I need to tidy the kitchen and I'd like to start on a filing project I have been putting off for way too long. We're also going to have an Indian lunch in Jackson Heights.

I've been off plan a lot this week (been too scared to weigh myself too) and since we're leaving next Saturday for Vegas I don't know how successful I'll be in motivating myself to be on plan before we leave, but when we get back, I'm certainly going to get back on the bandwagon. Also, I reinstated my gym membership (we have a small gym here in our complex) and I'm going to come up with a workout plan. Does anyone know any good online resources I could use to set up an upper body routine?
Old 11-15-2014, 09:18 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is a brisk morning here, I already had breakfast, put in a load of laundry and put out canned goods for the boy scouts.

Debbie I hope you have a relaxing day today

Ruth that is one of the reasons I have not replaced carpeting yet, I dread have to move everything out of every room. Lots of stuff

Sounds like everyone else is having a nice relaxing day as well. I don't have anything planned. The house is cleaned. Our guest still has not arrived, she only drives 5 hours and then stops so today's drive to get here is still 8 hours. She was supposed to get here Thursday. LOL I am the type who will drive for very long hours to get where I want to get.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 11-15-2014, 09:21 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning from LA. Have had a nice visit so far. Yesterday morning DH and I hiked. Longer than we intended; had a bit of a navigation issue. Much steeper than what we do at home. In the afternoon we went to a Pompeii exhibit and saw the shuttle Endeavor at a museum near campus, with DS and his girlfriend. Took them to dinner. She seems very nice. He is meeting us for lunch sometime today and at 4:00 we have a parents's food truck meal at the frat. Not sure what else we'll do; I'm not one to sit around a hotel room. We fly out in the morning. Not sad to be missing the winter weather advisory at home. Snow on the way there.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:10 AM   #13  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning!

We are back to freezing today....I think it's somewhere around 8 right now! We finished our small rental project without any glitches and when I was upstairs eating lunch I remembered the CockerSpaniel rescue group was down at aPetSmart until 2. I decided to head down and spent 45min. snuggling with the cutest lil girl. She is a 10 yr old blondie and just adorable. I "could" be looking for one but she comes bonded with 7 yr.old sister. I know 2 more is too many right now. I also think I need to take a break from a high maintenance pup. Life is getting too complicated for another pup w/separation anxiety. Both of these older pups were still working on "housebreaking". Ouch. I will just keep looking. Adorable, though.

So, today I head back to work. I have laundry and dishes done...also went out and swept snow off the sidewalk. The skiers are happy with this weather. Quite a few cars headed up yesterday. I think by next weekend most resorts will be open.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

Karen, glad to hear you had a nice visit! Safe travels back to winter!

Pearlrose, I love a clean house!

Jennifer, nice you are getting Christmas gifts done early….it's not that far away!

Sophie, nice of DH to make breakfast!

Tammy, great you get a relaxing weekend! I like pumpkin bread w/o ch chips!

Beth, hope you got your walk in!

Linda, enjoy your dinner theater tonight!

Ruth, oh, my!!! What a project!! They are so nice when finished but the in between is crazy!
Old 11-16-2014, 06:44 AM   #14  

Aw Debbie, she sounds adorable. Glad you have a good thinkin' head on your shoulders, and didn't nab both of them. Potty training at 10? That is a project! My neighbor is getting a cocker spaniel pup for Xmas - she lost her golden this year.

I'm waiting to meet my friend for breakfast, then back home for church. I guess I should make a menu today and grocery shop. I have been completely uninspired to make soups, but I do have 3 butternut squash sitting there begging to be made. I have made a replica of Panera's autumn squash soup, that is quite delish!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 11-16-2014, 06:54 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi Twynn, have a nice breakfast out! Yeah, I will rescue, but unfortunately most of the Cockers either have potty or separation issues....Bing was no exception. I love him like crazy and we have dealt with his issues with amazing grace. I just think that this next pup is going to be with us during the most difficult time in life w/my mom and I think I need a pup (or pups) who can stay indoors, non crated, for 3 or 4 hours at a time. All my years as a rescuer of difficult cases I think I need to do a bit more thinking this time. Kirk and I haven't been able to go anywhere for years w/o hiring a 24/7 caregiver. We need a bit more flexibility.
Closed Thread