Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-13-2014, 01:08 PM   #1  
size 10 by Aug 2015

S/C/G: 229.9/229.9/150

Default I need help, support, a community

Hi everyone,

I am a 34 year old wife and mother of a beautiful 2 1/2 year old boy. I have always had weight issues but in my mid 20's, my weight ballooned to 220 pounds. This was around the time my now husband and I got engaged. I decided that I wanted to lose the weight for my wedding and just to feel good again. A co-worker lent me a book called The Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno. That was the first time I had heard of the term "eat clean". I read through the book and it made complete sense to me. I started to eat much cleaner, started working out and eventually became quit the gym rat. By my wedding day, June 26 2010, I weighed 163 pounds...the smallest i'd been since college. I felt amazing. I kept the weight off for about a year, until I got pregnant. I had a difficult pregnancy though, honestly, I just used that as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted. By the time my son was born, I had gained 60 pounds. Well, I never quite lost those extra 60 pounds and that was over 2 years ago. I keep telling myself that I will lose the weight, and I do well for a few days, but then I end up binge eating time and time again.

I'm now 230 pounds. I feel horrible, I look horrible. I have no energy. I have stomach problems and joint problems. I have high cholesterol. I am borderline diabetic. I need to lose the weight.

I was hoping to find a community that would encourage and inspire me and I guess i've found it.
size10inayear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:08 PM   #2  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Welcome size10inayear. 3FC is awesome for support. I know it sucks to have regained weight but on the positive, you've done this before so you know you can do it. I bet you've learned lessons that could help you with maintenance when you get to goal for example. Well done for taking active steps to get healthy. The only advice I have is one day at a time, and as a binged myself, realize that a binge is not a failure, it's a setback. Pick right back up and keep going. I'm sure you'll make it. Looking forward to seeing you around the boards!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:03 PM   #3  

Hi,
I'm new here too. I'm looking for the support and the community as you mentioned in your post. Here's to new friends, I wish us all the best of luck!!
ivanabskinny is offline   Reply With Quote