South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 11:44 AM   #1  

Default Gonna need a lot of help!

I've been lurking for a few weeks now and I think it's great that you're so supportive. I'm starting the SBD on Monday and I'm going to need a lot of help. Simply put, I love bread. This is going to be really hard for me but the SBD seems like the best way to go. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself so when I start feening on Monday I'll have somewhere to go to.
Old 08-01-2003, 11:57 AM   #2  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hi Noette
Good for you for starting a healthy WOE. You will find the SBD to be very easy to follow and remember that we're all in the same situation, so come here often for friendship, support and encoouragement.
Old 08-01-2003, 12:06 PM   #3  
Imagine...

welcome, welcome,welcome!
Old 08-01-2003, 02:48 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Noette!!
Old 08-01-2003, 05:00 PM   #5  

Default hiya Nolette...

I am new also, just start the SB this past Monday...I am feeling pretty good about this and not just physically but emotionally. This could be the one..<smile>

nice to meet you

Wendy
Old 08-01-2003, 07:22 PM   #6  
Mous

WELCOME home to your new way of eating and thinking, Noette

Lady
Old 08-02-2003, 05:27 PM   #7  

Noette, Iam new too! Welcome to the group. I am on day 9 PH1.
You wont believe how good you are going to feel!!
Old 08-02-2003, 06:49 PM   #8  

Welcome! And----if you need help we'll be right here!
Old 08-02-2003, 08:05 PM   #9  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WELCOME NOETTE!!!!!
Old 08-02-2003, 08:52 PM   #10  

Welcome!

Go to your pantry. Find the bread. Throw it away now. Tie up the trash bag. Put it in the dumpster. Walk away. Walk away quickly. Don't look back.

Seriously...you can do it. It is amazing how the craving for carbs is gone after a few days. I could have eaten an entire container of cake icing before SBD...now the thought of it is not even appealing.

Erika
Old 08-02-2003, 09:15 PM   #11  

Welcome Noette!!!

In a few days you won't even remember bread ... you really kinda just loose the taste for it ... I'm starting Phase II tomorrow but bread is not going to be one of the things I add ... maybe some kind of spinach wrap ???

Bradydave ... for me there are occasions when the thought of that icing IS appealing though I'd probably be sick if I ate it!!!

Boyfriend and I just went for a ride with one of his friends and they HAD to stop at Friendly's ... told him I didn't want anything but he started catching a serious attitude so I got a small vanilla fat free something and took about two spoons ... it seemed sooooooo sweet (icky sweet) ... don't miss it at all (whew!!!)
Old 08-02-2003, 10:30 PM   #12  
In Control: E+R=O

Hi Noette, and Welcome!! You're going to love it here! About the bread, I think you'll be amazed that after a few days you won't be craving it....seriously....I know it's hard to believe. I am such a major sugar addict, I thought there was no help for me. I've been on SBD for two weeks now, and the thought of candy or cookies or cake or donuts or bread or pasta or.....well, you get the idea....does not even appeal to me in the least! I was in the grocery store today, and was hungry...in the past that would have been my undoing! In my "old life" I would have been filling my cart with loads of carbohydrates, anything that would be easy to get open as soon as I got in the car...I could eat a lot in the car from the store to my home! Today, I was looking at the candy in the check-out lane, and suddenly realized that I did not want any!! It simply did not appeal to me. So, if I can get to this point, anyone can! Just hang in there, and give yourself a few days, and I think you'll be amazed.
Closed Thread