South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 07:34 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wowser Weekend - November 8th and 9th

Good morning. We are cloudy and cold (below freezing right no) but there is no snow forecast after yesterday's surprise flurry. I'm sure glad I got my snow tires put on last week!

Busy day yesterday with the a.m. meeting and then decided to dash into town for the few things I missed on Thursday's journey. I made it home just before dark and the house sure smelled wonderful since I'd popped the pot roast into the oven before I left. I even got the fabric for the quilt binding, thanks to a very helpful clerk in FabricLand. The only fabric I could find was $25 a meter but "Cheryl" found some $5 stuff that was an even better match. Gotta love folks who are seriously helpful!

Odds and ends on the schedule today with the pharmacy and the bank first on the list. Joanne is taking wee Millie for a training walk this afternoon since I am finding walking very difficult lately. I'm wishing J. luck with my darling who gets very excited when I pick up the lead but doesn't have a clue how to behave when she's on it. Tonight Rachel and I are doing a Girl's Night Out and going for dinner in The Falls. I have decided not to drive after dark.

We are in a cold snap for a while but I definitely am going to get my outside lights put up this coming week - after Remembrance Day of course.

What's happening chez-vous on this second weekend of Novemberrrrrr?
Old 11-08-2014, 07:43 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning, Ruth! I was hovering around, trying to think of a cute title when you started up the thread...so thanks!

Cold here as well, but no snow yet. I am well aware we could get it anytime and it could stay. It's okay with me if we wait a bit.

I made it to the craft fair last night but didn't buy much. I'm not in the market for placemats or mittens and intentionally avoided all the handmade jewelry since that is one of my weaknesses. I did succumb to the fudge but only bought a bit.

Not sure what is on today's agenda, most weekend niggles I think.

Have a great day, chicks!

Last edited by Beth19; 11-08-2014 at 07:43 AM.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Ruth, looks like it's just we Northerners that are awake this morning.....
Old 11-08-2014, 08:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning I found the snow you are looking for. It was bad driving in Deleware County NY!!! At least going I had DS's GF with me. We chatted the entire 3.5 hr ride (traffic and snow added an hour to the trip) took them to dinner and Price Chopper. I didn't get home until almost midnight. I took the longer route just to have cell service. There is a good stretch without and service which made me nervous going up and down the big hills.

Today the crockpot is going to make chili while I vacuum. Don't want to but need too! Later it is dinner with my college GFs. Can't wait!!! My BF is in dire straights financially. I really feel badly for her, but without a degree she only gets low paying jobs. Try supporting a family of three on what she makes is insane. Not enough money to live on, yet too much to receive help from the government. I told her I will slip her I'm paying tonight. I really want her to go and if money is what is stopping her I'll take care of it. I don't live a lavish lifestyle, but I can afford to treat

Tomorrow I have to remember I have work. I need to get used to my new schedule.

Ruth great find on the fabric. I love shopping in stores where people still care about the customer.

Beth I can't resist homemade fudge either

Hi to the chicks staying under the covers this brisk morning
Old 11-08-2014, 08:32 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,
A busy day here for me today...I've already made turkey burgers for DH's sandwiches next week and am in the process of making meatballs. We have a playdate coming over at 11; before that I need to shower and go to the Farmer's Market, run the dishwasher, and tidy the living room! After the playdate I got tickets for DS and me to go to see Interstellar - then we have friends coming over tonight for wine and cheese. Whew!

Ruth - I did the 'BRAIN DUMP' from Getting Things Done and I've been crossing things off my list like mad, now that these items are out of my head and on paper. Have you started it yet? Let me know if you have any questions - it can seem very complicated and you should feel free to modify it to suit your needs.

Good morning Beth, Jennifer and everyone else! It's freezing here too today. Supposed to be the coldest day so far.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I already took my shower and have had breakfast this morning. Wanted my hair to have a chance to dry before we head out to the Veteran's day parade in St. Louis.

Had a fun evening last night but ended up having pizza for dinner (no wonder the scale is up a bit today). Took DD2 and 2 of her friends out to Laser tag and then we went to go see Hero6 (really liked it) movie.

Ruth I love helpful sales staff kinda of hard to find nowadays

Beth glad you enjoyed the craft sale

Jekel glad you made it home safely. I do not know how any adult can make it on minimum wage jobs. I was very happy to see we passed the law to raise the minimum wage here in Illinois.

Matilda I did get DD2 closet and drawers done on Thursday evening and imagine you can close her drawers now. I still need to tackle all of the toys and get them organized again and then her part of the room is done and we have gotten DD1 started on her part.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-08-2014, 09:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Cool here, but not too bad yet. Waiting for the big chill that is coming mid-week.

This weekend is a huge sale at my store and we expect it to be crazy busy. I work several hours today. Tomorrow I'm going to a theater matinee with my mom. Depending what time that ends, I might join DH at a 2nd birthday party for a great nephew.

Have a great weekend.
Old 11-08-2014, 10:07 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

** BUSTED ** Mathilda, I still have not started the Book. Maybe I should skip to the Brain Dump part first?
Old 11-08-2014, 10:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 191/191/160

Hi everybody, Im new, but not new to SB. Was planning to start on Monday, but I said why?... hummm, no, I'll start today, Im so excited! Had to reorder the book, to brush up, but i have the board to help me.
It's gonna be s beautiful sunny weekend in California, need to get off my butt, but atleast I took my first step (getting started)
Good luck to all!
Old 11-08-2014, 03:04 PM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

layddi! I agree, why wait...just get started! I don't know if you've followed us around here much. We are quite chatty on the daily thread and the on plan thread runs weekly where menus are posted and questions are asked/answered. Hop in where you feel comfortable!

Me: Traveled over the hill yesterday and had dinner at moms. I got up this morning and was expecting to meet a locksmith at 930. We've had a tenant MIA who had changed the locks AND we needed to get in and see if the heat was on. I went up a little early and SURPRISE he had returned! So we talked for several hours and then I took him out on some errands. His wife passed away 2 mos. ago and he's having a difficult time. I AM glad things got straightened out AND that he paid the rent!

So...heading over to moms for lunch and then take sis to airport....back to work tomorrow.

Happy weekending everyone!
Old 11-08-2014, 04:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good afternoon chicks!

Ruth - I was waiting for you to start the daily thread this AM, looks like you must've wandered off for a while. That was sweet of Joanne to take Millie out, how did it go?!

Beth - Hmmm...what kind of fudge?! Shhhhhh, we did get a little bit of $n0w yesterday...

Jennifer - yay! Hope you have a great time with friends tonight! That's so sweet of you to treat, I'm sure she appreciates it.

Matilda- How was interstellar? Thanks for the idea on meatballs - the kids love them!

Pearl - how was the parade?

Karen - hope you survived the sale today.

Layddi - welcome! With your avatar, you'd appreciate that my conference last weekend was right by the stadium in Pittsburgh, and there was a game the day left. I told DH I felt like I was in a bee hive, with all the people in black and yellow. I was grateful we drove the opposite way to get home!

Debbie - phew! Hope your tenant finds some peace.

I was so annoyed at myself....woke up at 5 am! Darned it. Work was okay, and then came home to a 2 hour nap . Guess I was tired! I haven't had my issues nearly as bad as earlier in the week, but definitely still there. At least it gives me an excuse to take a nap and then not do anything otherwise .

My house smells fantabulous since I have a pot of Cuban black beans cooking. Next up is errands - Sam's, and find a new coat. LOL...one of the young girls I work with gave me a lecture today that I needed a new coat (since my old one is stained with a hole...I didn't notice the hole, honest...), and that I deserved it. So shopping I must go!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Old 11-08-2014, 04:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hey all! I was here checking for spammers around 5 this morning, then got busy with emails, and never did get back.

Tammy, I woke up at 4 and couldn't fall back to sleep, so I finally gave up and got out of bed at 4:30. We could have had coffee together! I'm glad you are feeling a bit better and hope it continues.

A big HELLO to everyone else!

SNOW!!!! None around here so far, but it's cold enough for it! I wore my winter coat for the first time today.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:32 PM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

We started the day with a breakfast/play date with Tim's potential new granddaughter (foster child, possible adoption soon) then they played more and I worked, worked, worked, worked. Tomorrow I am definitely getting out for a woods walk. I will have work to do but it will be a lot of paperwork documenting work already done.

Now it's almost dinner then movie night
Old 11-09-2014, 06:43 AM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Two days without my smoothie and I feel it today, I got enough rest but I feel tired. It's a good thing I can change that-smoothie soon then off to work. I come home early then we will head to the next town for a 6pm meeting. Sis got off yesterday so now I can get back to focusing on my own food plan.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 11-09-2014, 07:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

'Mornin, everyone!

I plan to have a lazy day today, although I already have a load of whites in the wash, and want to make some soups and a casserole for lunches for the week ahead. I've been fighting off a head cold that's been making it hard to sleep at night, and I really, really, hope I can sneak in some time to have a nap this afternoon.
Closed Thread