Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 05:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Default November 2014 Starters!

Hi all,

Not sure if there are very many of us (or perhaps it's just me?) yet, but I thought we could have our own little thread to help support each other and chat about our weeks.

I'm Teags, from Calgary, just started today and am really excited. For me, cheating isn't an option and I am going to have it in my mind that I WON'T even have a small cheat until Christmas. I think that's doable! My hubby and I are doing this together (sort of), he is doing it with replacement products and I am doing it with an IP coach.

Looking forward to having some other November starters here!
Old 11-09-2014, 08:31 PM   #2  

Hi Teags! I started a week ago, and like your husband, have been using alternate products--how are you doing so far? I have been cheating a little but weight is starting to fall off...
Old 11-09-2014, 11:15 PM   #3  

Height: 5'2

Hi TeagsC and trying2improve,

TeagsC - I'm from Calgary too. Which IP "clinic" do you go to? I go to Sweet Success and I love it!

Steph
Old 11-10-2014, 10:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Good morning! Just started IP last Thursday and have spent all weekend working my way through all the amazing newbie tips/recipes/ encouraging posts here. Feeling good so far. Finding it hard to eat all the food later in the day and, boy, that's a lot of horse-pill vitamins to get down! But, overall, am enjoying this new "project," especially taking some of the thinking out of daytime meals. WW did not help me much because just too much thinking required. Excited to be on this happy path with you all!
Old 11-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5ft 3

Hi all

My name is Nina living in Kingston, Ontario. Starting today with alternatives 11/10/2014. Feel hungry and got a headache already! Will be using Simply Protein and Quest bars.

So far today

2 coffees
2 glasses of water
and one Simply Protein bar
Old 11-10-2014, 01:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

So happy to see a few new ladies here! Go November starters! It's going to be a true test for us to be successful during this holiday season, but for me I want it more than eating one turkey dinner or drinking at a few Christmas parties.

Trying2improve - glad you are starting the see the weight loss, now stop cheating, hahah!

Steph - I go through my pharmacy up in the northwest, it's been good so far! Looks like you have had great success, wow!

Mimi - welcome! There is a lot of great info on here, hey? I am loving it too, especially for the recipes. Good luck on week 1, what are your weigh in days?

Nina - I swear I have had a headache since I started, yuck! I am sure it will get better, hopefully! I have heard a lot about the quest bars, how do you like them?

----

All good from my side. This weekend was my first one being on the program and I think I did awesome. I avoided alcohol without removing myself from social situations, and I was pleased about that. No cheating at all, not even a finger lick while I was making my son's nutella on toast! LOL!

I had weigh in on Saturday and I was down 12 pounds my first week! WOWZA! I was so excited, did the BCA and it showed 9 pounds of actual fat loss, so that gave me so much extra motivation to keep it up and have a strong week.

How did everyone else do on their first weekend??
Old 11-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 281/277/180

Height: 5'5"

I'm in Calgary too! Just started on 8
Old 11-10-2014, 01:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Me too, I started Saturday........I already did IP with a coach, who in my Phase three had to stop to take care of her very sick child, so I thought I was ok, but nope....

So here I am back with a great bunch of girls to climb the steep slope to slenderness lol.......

I think by christmas we should see enough of a little change to feel good in some fancey christmas clothes.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

I am using alternatives, as its a lot cheaper. As for the headache, I was told put some salt in the palm of your hand and lic it off, you should feel better in a few mins. With all the water sometimes were missing some salt. Also in the beginning its withdrawls from sugar, pop, etc...a little advil helps alot.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

I started (restarted) last Monday with combo IP/Alternatives. I weighed in (at home) on Wednesday. Weighed the same on Saturday. I am hoping for a loss this Wednesday! I've been good, but I do have some hormonal challenges that make losing difficult.

I lived in Calgary in the mid80's.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 145/120/125

Height: 5'3

Teags, 12 pounds is awesome! My WI days are generally Thursdays. 3 more days til number 1!
Old 11-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 311/311/152

Height: 5'7

Hi Teags. I'm Rosey in the greater Seattle area. So glad you started this thread. I've been reading the forum for several weeks and am going to be starting IP this Saturday, Nov 15. I've already been in to talk to my coach, and will be going to a workshop on the 20th. I am so excited to finally be getting started. I won't be using any substitutions. I know the program is a little pricey, but the thing I like about it is not having to make any decisions about what to eat - except about meat and veggies. So, I'll be sticking to the program guidelines. Love reading all the recipes. Can't wait to try them, and I HATE to cook !! I have a lot to lose, but it'll be fun. Especially with all you here. Thanks so much to everybody who takes the time to post. It makes a difference.

Last edited by rosey61158; 11-10-2014 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 311/311/152

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
I am using alternatives, as its a lot cheaper. As for the headache, I was told put some salt in the palm of your hand and lic it off, you should feel better in a few mins. With all the water sometimes were missing some salt. Also in the beginning its withdrawls from sugar, pop, etc...a little advil helps alot.
Hi, locks. If you have a headache due to pop (or coffee) withdrawal, try some excedrin. It helps. Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor so it's not unusual to get a headache when removing coffee or soft drinks from your diet. Excedrin has caffeine in it, where other over-the-counter pain relievers don't, so sometimes it works the best. If you want to stay off caffeine entirely, try an ice pack - it might give you some relief....
You mentioned licking salt. I will be starting IP this Saturday and have read a lot about the salt intake. Haven't quite figured out what that's about yet. But, I'll do it!
I stopped drinking soda this week and have set a goal of drinking 65 oz of water a day. Wanted to get a headstart on what I know is coming up.
Good luck !
Old 11-10-2014, 08:34 PM   #14  
iKande

S/C/G: 226.6/220.2/150

Height: 5'2

Hi Everyone! I tried IP on my own, purchasing packets from individual. Needless to say I didn't do very well. Ran into a former co-worker who lost 100lbs in 7 months!! I was kicking myself for not sticking to the program so I decided to sign-up with a coach and do it the right way. Since I just picked up my starter package I will begin the morning! I'm super excited!!!
Old 11-10-2014, 10:02 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 215/214/160

Height: 5'6"

Just finished day 1 on IP. So far so good. Got a headache pretty early, but put sea salt under my tongue and it subsided. Had a really hard evening staying away from the snacks!! Worried about the next couple days but hoping I'll get through!! Good luck everyone!
Closed Thread