100 lb. Club - Curves

View Full Version : Curves

blondegirl32
07-31-2003, 09:51 PM
Does anyone have any info on Curves? I have been looking into joining but would like to hear any stories, good or bad, before I decide to dip into my pocketbook. At $40.00 a month I want to know before signing on the dotted line!

mthrgoos68
07-31-2003, 10:47 PM
Heather,

I don't have any personal experience with Curves, I go to the YMCA so that the whole family can go, but I've got several friends that go, and they all love it. I've never heard anything bad about it.

I'm sure you'll get some input from some people that actually go themselves.

Sandi
08-01-2003, 12:49 AM
I go to curves. I like it. I do hope to someday join a gym and really get lean and buff, but right now, curves is for me.

Here is a link to a good thread about curves...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=26892&highlight=curves

synger
08-01-2003, 09:20 AM
I've heard really good things about Curves, though I do not belong to one. I looked into it, and if you are interested in a very focused exercise program that doesn't take a lot of time, it may be for you. YOu get in, do your circuit, get out.

I decided it wasn't for me, though. I want to try new exercise equipment, take different classes, and use freeweights. I don't like being that structured. So I'm looking into a more traditional fitness club.

Idealperson
08-01-2003, 11:27 AM
Hi! I joined Curves 4 months ago and still love it. I am not sore after a workout, but my muscles feel worked and stretched. They weigh and measure you each month so you can see your progress. You can make the workout as intense or as easy as you want it to be. The ones around here offer a free week, so you might want to try that. The people seem very nice and the clients are all shapes and sizes, everyone works at their own level and goes at their convenient times. I am very happy that I joined (I never worked out before) now, I feel like my body craves a work out and I miss it if I don't go.

Starting WW weight 209
Current Weight 148:)