Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 137/131/120

Height: 5'3.5"

Smile Hello from T.O.

Hello everyone
I'm new to all this, I just wanted a spot to post progress or questions or find support in my plan to get in better shape
I am a Canadian girl and I have never had major weight problems, i wont pretend I am a perticularily difficult case, please don't let that make you judge me though, this is still hard for me. I only want to lose my tummy fat, because apparently that's where all my weight sits, and none of my friends are there to help me. Everyone I know is flat-tummied and no one seems to get that I just store fat there even if I work at it.
Its only 15 pounds I want to lose,but it seems frigin impossible!!
I know my bad habits but I don't have the willpower sometimes
I'm hoping these forums will offer support and answers to my questions if I post any
Hope I'll make some friends too! Anyone else just have a little stubborn weight that is just enoyugh to make you self-conscious or unhappy? Thats me. I dont wear bathing suits or tight clothing and I hate that I'm so selfconscious
hope that all goes away

Hello again everyone!
beccadaponte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:23 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/314/160

Height: 5'10"

I have loads more to lose than you do, but motivation and encouragement go beyond those numbers. I'm hoping to find some friends here too and encouragement during this long journey I have. I can't help you with ideas on what to do to lose those 15 of tummy fat other than try to eat mostly things that are on the outside isles of a grocery store (ie, produce, meat - lean -, dairy) and not the stuff in the middle isles (boxed, fake food).. Also, if you can cut out sugar (the fake stuff, not what is naturally in produce) you will feel so much better! Don't know if any of that helped but keep on working at it! You'll lose those 15, I know you will.
Bllondy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 06:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Height: 5'10

From what I understand, you can't really pick where you lose or gain weight.

But also, tummy fat (in particular higher on the tummy) is the wrong kind to have because it could indicate you're keeping fat around your organs as well. But I don't know if that's likely if you're not obese. (In other words, I'm no help at all )

Something you might want to do is find out your body fat percent and see if you're in a healthy range. You can get a pinch test at the gym (reasonable cost, try and find someone experienced) or get a DXA scan (expensive). That way you can find out if you have enough lean mass to help you burn fat, because it's possible you have an unhealthy high body fat percentage even if you have a good BMI. If that's the case I'd say exercise is probably your best bet, to build up muscle... so weights and squats.

Even if you're in a good body fat range, you can add to your lean mass and tone yourself to change your shape.

All that said, I think you can do it. It's tough and it might take some careful eating and some work to stay on track, but we're all doing the same thing. You're not excluded just because you have less to lose!

As a side note, I know that the people who are considered the best candidates for liposuction and that sort of thing are people who don't have much weight to lose, but just want to redistribute where their weight is on their body. I'm not saying you should do that or anything, but if you're in a healthy weight range and healthy body fat range, it might end up being a last resort if your tummy fat is really problematic for you.

Last edited by faiora; 10-30-2014 at 06:51 PM.
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/215/145

Height: 5'8

Welcome! No one should judge anyone about how much weight they have (or don't have) to lose. A struggle is a struggle.

While you may not be able to "choose" where you want to lose the weight, if you are trim in the rest of your body and your fat sits in your stomach, then yes, it is entirely possible to lose weight in your tummy (and as Faiora said, proper exercise and toning will be a huge help). Also, you are not very tall so getting down to 120 sounds like a very healthy weight for your height.

You can do it!!!

Last edited by GoEmGo; 11-04-2014 at 10:01 AM.
GoEmGo is offline   Reply With Quote