South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 06:40 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Meaningful Monday, October 20

Good morning everyone! I hope Ruth is enjoying her little vacation. She is missed here. I am looking forward to hearing about it.

Today will be a day of getting things tidied up at my office. I am going to see my parents tomorrow just for a couple of hours (I have to sign some papers at the lawyers office with my mom) and I'm absolutely dreading it. Need to steel myself. Then on Wednesday I have an appointment to tour an assisted living facility in Staten Island - since AL would be the most appropriate and best possible outcome of all this in my eyes, I want to see what is out there. Then we are going back up this weekend for a short visit. Suffice it to say I am not excited about this week. Thank goodness I have an appointment with my therapist on Thursday, in the middle of everything.

So, I'm going to focus on staying on plan this week and completing some niggling chores. Hopefully this will distract me! Hope everyone has a great day today.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:51 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning Matilda. I feel for you this week. Be strong and hopefully by next week the worst will be over.

We seem to have transitioned into true fall weather. Yesterday did not get over 50 and DH has to make the first fire in the Wood stove. Brrr

Just a regular work day today. Need to get going. Have a great day, chicks!

Last edited by Beth19; 10-20-2014 at 06:52 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:52 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Musings - October 20

Good morning! Back from a wonderful four day break in beautiful Bancroft. Yes, it rained off and on during the four days but the colours of the trees were absolutely stupendous. My B&B was just great and I even managed to sleep until 7:30 every morning.

The dogs seemed to enjoy their time at 4PawsInn - I think Millie thought I was gone forever. When I picked them up, she jumped from the floor directly into my arms. Keith the kennel owner was amazed. Jazz was happy to see me too but not out of his mind ecstatic!

Now to catch up on mail and phone messages and gear up for next weekend's Quilter's sale. I finished a quilt while I was away and it's ready for the raffle but I do have some baking to do as well - for sale and for the tearoom. It'll be an early start for set-up on Saturday and I have Book Club Friday night. I must be sure not to have too much "fun" and make it an early night.

Faced the scale this morning and it was not pretty. I think fish and chips and B&B big breakfasts may have been the culprit. I'll be back on track today. I am going to make a bean soup with some frozen leftover tacobake. (It snowed up in Bancroft which has put me into soup mode again.)

Hope your Monday gives you a good start for the week.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks.

Matilda- prayers for you this week. That is so difficult in dealing with family issues.

Beth - it is beautiful though, isn't it? Do you have any leaves left?

Ruth - I'll have to go check your post...

Me - work! It is my anniversary, but we blew quite a wad on our weekend so today is normal. Linda, are you going to dutch apple? If so - the food was okay (nothing fried), but not a lot of good vegetarian options. The show was great!!
Old 10-20-2014, 07:01 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Mathilda and neighbour Beth. I hope the merge I just did wasn't too upsetting.

Beth, it definitely was winter where I was. Yesterday morning, I looked out at the bushed outside my window and could not believe that it was snow, not orange blossoms. My stove was burning away this morning when I got up.

Mathilda, I too really feel for you these difficult days. Are you planning to have your parents with you when you tour the AL places or scout things out yourself? It's so hard when you have to "parent" you parents.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

I hope you have a good week, Matilda, and it's not as bad as you anticipate.

Beth, we're shivering in the 30s here this morning, too! Some areas in the Poconos had snow yesterday. It seems too soon for this!

Ruth, your weekend sounds just like it was exactly the break you needed, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Tammy, I'm not sure what dinner theater we're going to - maybe the Rainbow Dinner Theater? Once I find out, I'll check out the menu online, and thanks for the heads-up!

We had a really nice weekend at my DD's, and now I wish I had one more day off to recuperate. It'll be another busy day at the farm, and I wonder what kind of mess the workers left for me?
Old 10-20-2014, 07:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ooooh, Linda, I heard from fellow bnb people that the Rainbow theater is playing the Nun something, and was hysterical!!
Old 10-20-2014, 07:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

We had a great time in Indianapolis and the wedding was lovely. Got in early than expected late afternoon yesterday so was able to get a jump on my laundry.

Today I pack for my trip to the spa. Have to do pre-spa niggles, like painting toe nails and getting lunch to pack for the plane.

Speaking of food... ugh. I did well on our trip except for the last day and I am feeling every bite of that (wedding cake an more) on my middle today. Funny how that works. Wish it wasn't going to still be sitting there when I'm at the spa in my super-fitted workout clothes.

Off to they gym this morning.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Glad to hear everyone enjoyed their trips. Ruth I bet it was beautiful where you went.

Matilda I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Thank you everyone for the congratulations messages. I am thrilled yet nervous. Every time you move up new responsibilities are added. Hopefully later today I will know when the ceremony will be. I will be flying my mom in for a few days. I spoke with my Aunt in AR last night and am trying to convince her to come with my mom (she hasn't flown since 2004 when my grandma died) Who knows maybe I can persuade her.

Today I plan on putting away the patio furniture. Woke up to a frost covered yard so I think it is time. I need to plan a menu for next week (still freezer eating, but should be empty soon) I hope to bathe and shave Coconut this week. Visit my friend Rebecca who is recovering from cancer surgery. Drop off and order new uniform shirts in the Bronx. Plus all my normal niggles.

I need some of Debbie's energy!!! The scale hates me lol This time hormones are not to blame. I did it all to myself, like Karen, I feel it around my middle. Yesterday I put the brakes on and did P1. My goal is one week of P1 and then reevaluate if I need a second week. Hormones are not helping me right now so I need to fight back against them.

Happy Monday
Old 10-20-2014, 09:12 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ruth,
My parents, as of now, will not consider a move or getting any kind of help. I'm really just trying to see what the options are should they change their mind (so we can hopefully jump). The most frustrating thing is that they do not feel they need to make any changes.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:17 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Seems like everyone had a super busy weekend. I have lots going on at work so no time for personals.

My rash is finally starting to recede thanks to Benedryl, a couple more days on it should banish it.

Have a wonderful day today.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:49 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 5"

Tammy, it was beautiful this morning (even though I had to scrape the frost off the car), but now it is 46* and raining- not my favorite combination. The leaves are almost completely gone but I tried to make sure to enjoy them while they lasted!

To Jennifer, Karen and others complaining about weight gain, I'm with you too! I've decided this week I'm going to try just improve a bit day to day. For example, yesterday I had a handful of nuts for my snack and then went back for a 2nd and 3rd handful. If today's snack is closer to plan in terms of choice and quantity I have improved. I will try to be the same or a bit better each day. Right now I am across the board better than yesterday; I'm hoping the baby steps approach will work.

(I'll let you know how I make out with this plan...)

Last edited by Beth19; 10-20-2014 at 09:28 PM.
Closed Thread