Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-19-2014, 03:31 AM   #1  
Architecture student

S/C/G: 200/190/142

Height: 5'1.5

Talking Getting inspired once again (and hope it last)

Hi, I'm Megan. I joined 3fc a while back but got really busy with school so didn't have the chance to work out and everything. Now that I think that I am committed and now that I know I want to change myself for the better. I am here again to ask for help and support and of course me support you guys as well.

I am now in my heaviest which is 200.1lbs. My long term goal is to reach 122lbs.

please share some ideas and some exercises you guys do

thanks
envymegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/241.2/170

Height: 5'5

Hi Megan! Congrats on beginning your weight-loss journey! While I've been working to lose weight, I've found that taking an exercise class is the best way to keep me motivated. This way I don't have to come up with an exercise plan on my own and many of the women in my class are very fit which is motivating as well. I also recommend trying weight watchers. I've been doing it for a long time and it seems to be the only way I can really get results. I don't actually go to the meetings though, I just bought the stuff and I do it alone at home with my loved/hated bathroom scale. Lol. I hope this helps!
DivineDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 12:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/221/125

Height: 5'3"

I am also in that same boat, I am at my all time high weight of 221 and I am miserable. I am not a fan of exercising, about four years ago I lost 60 pounds but then stress hit and well you know the story I gained back the weight plus more. I am miserable. What weight class do you take? I tried weight watchers and couldn't stay with it. I will be here for you...
Holdeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 02:05 PM   #4  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

At my starting weight I actually did better focussing only on my eating and not exercising. When I exersized I wanted to eat too much. When I don't exercise my body still tries to compensate for the reduced calories by tiredness and moving less but that doesn't seem to sabotage my weightloss like exersize food cravings did.

Once you've been eating a healthy, calorie deficit diet for a while it will become easier and then slowly incorporating exersize can happen. At least for me anyway.
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 245/241.2/170

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdeman View Post
I am also in that same boat, I am at my all time high weight of 221 and I am miserable. I am not a fan of exercising, about four years ago I lost 60 pounds but then stress hit and well you know the story I gained back the weight plus more. I am miserable. What weight class do you take? I tried weight watchers and couldn't stay with it. I will be here for you...
Hi! Right now I'm taking a fifty minute aerobics class to offset all of the walking I do on a daily basis. I walk pretty much everywhere I can. In the past I've also taken a bodypump class which was a mix of aerobics and strength training. It was sooooo much fun and I miss it but with work I can't make the times anymore...

Weight watchers can be very hard to follow. It took me a few times before I could stay on it. Every time I try to go off of it I find that I start to gain weight which tells me I need to work on my habits.

I felt the same way you do when I was at 245 pounds. I had just graduated high school and I was so sick of looking the way I did. I feel like those feelings can be the best motivation out there. Sadly I really miss eating what I want, not so much the gigantic portions I ate but just the foods themselves. I figure when I reach my goals that I can bring some of those foods back into my life in moderation.
DivineDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Welcome and best wishes on your WOE.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote