South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 05:30 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default It's the Weekend! October 11 to 12

Finally! Today will be a long and hard day but it's the last one for working at the Mill and Town Hall for me! I feel like I'm getting out of school!

Spent the whole day setting up Festival stuff and everything is a "go" for the harvest breakfast. I have no idea who decided serving starting at 8 was a good idea but I have about eight pounds of change to distribute for that, the bake sale, the produce sale, the gift shop and whatever else appears without notice.

Tried to bake for the sale last night but goofed up on a recipe I've been making for at least ten years! I couldn't believe it - guess I was pretty tired at 9 PM. On the other hand, maybe it's time to stop baking. I do have my rum cake ready for the silent auction.

Looking forward to the afternoon drive to Kemptville (35 mins) to see my kids and their inlaws. So nice to have so many small children around now that my grandbabies are all grown up - sort of! Son Jim's MIL and FIL are very welcoming and make me really feel part of their family.

Tomorrow I rest!

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving weekend!

Old 10-11-2014, 07:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Ruth. And hurray for this being your last Mill event! That will surely spare you a lot of duress.

Jake and I are running down to Delaware this morning to pick up a Christmas present, and then my SIL is picking me up at noon and we're meeting my other SIL for lunch and some girl chat. Mass at 5, and that's my day!

How's your day shaping up?
Old 10-11-2014, 07:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I want to have girl chat too, Linda! We'll have to set a time up to visit. Enjoy your day!

Congrats on the last mill day, ruth. I bet your drive is beautiful right now (or are all the leaves gone already?). Enjoy your time together.

I'm looking forward to a laid back weekend, I hope. DH is starting to realize I need down time after some of these work weeks! He likes to go, go, go...and I like to take a nap . We do have to clean up our main level, and DD has a haircut at 1. I know she needs more shoes too....my 9 year old is currently in a size 8!

Nothing exciting otherwise. It kind of cracks me up - I plan out the whole week of meals, and then not on the weekend - and I don't know what to make!
Old 10-11-2014, 08:03 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Happy weekend. It's dull and rainy outside today...but that's alright, because we're going upstate to see some friends and will be in the car most of the day. First we have an appointment at the bank to get my husband added to an account we just opened. Tonight we'll be making a big dinner at our friends' house. Tomorrow will be traveling back here and then at 6 I am running a reception at the church for our "Fellowship Circle" group.

Things seem to be status quo at my parent's house - just hoping they stay that way until my dad's appointment on Tuesday. Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:18 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning. Happy Thanksgiving to those north of the border! We are looking forward to a long weekend of dry weather so I am hoping to accomplish a mix of inside and outside niggles.

Ruth, enjoy your day and the much deserved rest afterward!
Cottage, enjoy the girl time. I wish my sister lived closer!
Tammy, I feel your pain. While it has gotten a bit better as we age, in the past DH always wanted to "do" something on the weekend when I wanted to stay home and "do" household items.
Matilda, enjoy your visit.

Off to look for coffee. Have a great day all!
Old 10-11-2014, 09:15 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

I didn't get as early of a start as I had wished but it's 715 and I'm halfway. There's a Home Depot and Walmart at Midway and I stopped for a part for my rental project. I also have an extra phone right now I'm trying an iPhone from T-Mobile to see if I'll get reception on both sides. Costco would let me take the new phone with a 14 day bring it back no charge so that's great. It seems pretty silly to be carrying around two phones however.

Happy weekend everyone I am going to hit the road again and the nice thing is that we still have pretty leaves and now I can see them
Old 10-11-2014, 09:22 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I have things almost back to normal at the house. I had a mountain of laundry waiting for me (not a happy camper about that). I sure hope when they have places of their own they will take better care of doing cleaning.

It was nice to be home, our return flight the airplane had mechanical problems but instead of just canceling our flight they got another airplane and we only had a delay of 45 minutes. I must say I was impressed with how they handled it this time.

Today I am meeting co-workers to go to an employees brother's funeral and then hopefully this afternoon my family and I will get to go pumpkin picking at a local farm. It has been rainy for the past two days but it is just going to be gray and kinda of cool but no rain.

Ruth and all of the Canadians "Happy Thanksgiving" to you

Cottage enjoy your girl time today

Tywnn that is how I like my weekends calm and quiet, I will do one day of running around but need one day of calm so I can tackle the upcoming week

Matilda enjoy your running around today

Beth enjoy your weekend.

Time to go get ready to leave. Have a wonderful Saturday
Old 10-12-2014, 04:09 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

GoodMorning

I've been taking care of niggles...now more coffee and a short nap before work. I pushed the button to send my FedTaxes...now may look at Colo. I had to file extension this year while I figured out some things. Now I get money back!

Ruth, have a great day with your family!

Pearlrose, welcome home!

Twynn, hope your weekend has been laid back!

Beth, hope you have seen that dry weather!

Matilda, keeping my fingers crossed for your folks! Safe travels and fun times!

Linda, living in the very center of a very large state....it just sounds so much fun to be running down to Delaware! Hope you found what you wanted!

Happy Sunday everyone!
Old 10-12-2014, 07:31 AM   #9  

Good Sonday morning, Chicklets! I slept soundly until 6:30 this morning, and it was lovely.

This morning, after a quick trip to the supermarket, I plan to do some cooking for the week and bake an apple crisp, and I'm finally going to get around to switching out the wardrobes. I've been putting it off since it's still staying pretty warm during the afternoon, but I know it's not going to last much longer.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:43 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, Chicks.

This morning is my family foundation's annual conference call. We'll decide about the grant requests and cover a bunch of other items. I've been busy getting ready since I do all the non-legal administrative work.

This afternoon DH and I are going with friends to play frisbee golf! I first heard of it when I met him (28 or so years ago) and thought it was rather strange. Never played before. There is a course at the same park where he and I hike and he's been interested in trying; had lots of related stuff on his Christmas list last year. So when our friends casually mentioned an interest... we were off and running. I expect I'll be laughing at my inability to throw a frisbee far or with any accuracy.

Have a great day.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:53 AM   #11  

Frisbee golf sounds fun, Karen, and a great way to spend time outdoors! Have a good time!

I just scrambled an egg into some leftover shredded sauteed cabbage and carrots, and wow is it ever tasty!
Old 10-12-2014, 08:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

MMMmmm cottage, that's one step from egg foo young. Switching out clothes is a good idea now.

Karen - let us know how it goes! We have a Frisbee golf course in town as well, that would be a fun thing to try.

Debbie - taxes back, woot woot!

I forgot that last night was our neighborhood party, so not as laid back as I thought, but not bad. Then someone told us of the pumpkin festival at the arboretum, so we ran over there to check the out. There was a pumpkin carving contest, so it was fun to see everything.

Today is church, then find winter clothes and mattresses for the kids (lol, there's a combination). We bought ds a bunk bed from a store going out of business, and they both really need new mattresses anyways. I'm not upset we don't have bible study this evening, it really frees up my time (which means I can get groceries and make a nice dinner. Baked sweet potatoes keep calling my name...
Old 10-12-2014, 08:12 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Good Sunday morning. We are in a real pea-souper of a fog here but it's supposed to burn off. My drive home from Kemptville in the dark, rain and fog last night was NOT a great experience and I've decided to give up driving long distances at night!

Dinner last night was fun. There were seven kids under 6 there - only two of them were girls. Emmett was born just last week and it was delightful to hold such a nearly newborn. There was lots of laughter, noise and a few tears - from the wee ones, not the alleged grown-ups.

The Festival was a huge success but sure was a long day. Today I do some accounting stuff but that will be "it" for a while. In November there's a photo-shoot for a bridal magazine but I am not handling that - except to deposit the cheque. I hope they realize there is no heat int he Mill!

I hope everyone enjoys this Canadian Thanksgiving Sunday. The smell of turkey will be wafting across the St. Lawrence towards Beth's house.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:38 PM   #14  

Height: 5' 5"

Debbie, doesn't it feel good to get a chore like your taxes crossed off the list?! And money back to boot! Hooray!

Cottage, I've been thinking about apple crisp too. Yum! I moved a few things around in my closet yesterday but decided I don't need the cold weather stuff quite yet.

Karen, Frisbee golf sounds fun, not that I would be any good at it. Enjoy!

Tammy, enjoy your day!

Ruth, enjoy your turkey! I roasted a turkey breast last weekend and it was delicious!

I'm going out to do yardwork in the sunshine. Have a great day, chicks!
Old 10-12-2014, 04:04 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

beth, the turkey aroma is not from my house as we had turkey last night at Jim's in-laws. I blew the bundle on a prime rib roast and am having my up-the-hill the hill neighbours with their two "kids" (18 and 21) for roast with roasted brussels, Yorkshire pudding, mashed and gravy - the works! Liz calls me her "other mother" which is kind of sweet and I feel honoured. I met her mum only three times before she died but we liked each other immediately.
Closed Thread