South Beach Diet - Watching, Lurking, posting,

View Full Version : Watching, Lurking, posting,

jeviolet
07-30-2003, 10:08 PM
I have been watching this forum for a couple of weeks. I started SBD 3 weeks ago today and have lost 13 lbs. :cb: I love this way to eat. I love never being hungry and not always remembering to eat. I have been to other forums and I have learned much from them but felt I wasnt part of the click and I didnt know others very well. It seemed like the same topics were discussed over and over and if your werent on your computer all day you lost the topic you wanted to follow.:dizzy: I want to try to use this one more and get to know people on it. Thank you for being a part of the wonderful support system. Janet:grouphug:

Nikkiloo
07-30-2003, 10:23 PM
Hey Janet!!!

I watched for about 3 weeks before posting and it's usually late by the time I get on the computer ... no time during the work day.

Congrats on the loss ... good work for three weeks!!!

I'm down 10 .... 10 to go and starting Phase II Sunday (yeah, I can eat yogurt and fruit!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

ellis
07-30-2003, 10:44 PM
Janet and Nikki, you are SO welcome here! :wave:

And congratulations to both of you on your weight loss! :dance:

Laked
07-30-2003, 11:06 PM
Welcome Girls! Glad you decided to come out from behind those boards! Keep up the good work!;)

Suzanne 3FC
07-30-2003, 11:16 PM
Congratulations! And welcome aboard :)

meg 1+2
07-31-2003, 01:10 AM
Janet and Nikki...you will love it here!! Welcome~~~~Meg

bobo1968
07-31-2003, 02:38 AM
Hey Janet and Nikki! Glad to have you....

BsMom
07-31-2003, 03:24 AM
Welcome Janet and Nikki,

This is a great place fo informtion and support!

Ruthxxx
07-31-2003, 06:53 AM
Big wave and welcome to Janet and Nikki. You'll love The Beach!

LADY WINDSONG
07-31-2003, 07:11 AM
WELCOME!

We are here when you need us.

Lady :flow1:

gofishin50
07-31-2003, 08:28 AM
Hey Janet and Nikki:wave: Glad u jumped on in the water is great over here..A lot of hoots and hollars on this board :lol: but best of all a lot of great inspiration :jig: WELCOME !!! GOFISHIN:dancer:

didi123
07-31-2003, 09:26 AM
Welcome Janet and Nikki..:balloons: :balloons: :balloons:

This is an awesome board...I'm pretty new here myself (about a week) and the tremendous support and motivation here has kept me going...

See ya on the beach..:cool:

Di

frannymae
07-31-2003, 09:41 AM
You guys came to the right place! I am new, too, and had similar feelings about the other board. Great idea, but a bit overwhelming.

I am restarting Phase 1 after a bad month. I don't even have a specific weight loss goal for this phase, but just want to get back on the Beach! Waaaaa!:cry:

Good luck, and I'll see you guys on the Beach!

Ellen

Luv My Coton
07-31-2003, 01:01 PM
WELCOME JANET AND NIKKI:)

dentrassi
07-31-2003, 02:22 PM
WELCOME JANET AND NIKKI!!! :D

Sierrahigh
07-31-2003, 02:37 PM
This must be the day for lurkers to come out-this is my 3rd posting today! I, too, enjoy the easier life style here. When I start back to work in a couple weeks (summer vacation is almost over for school personnel :( ) I'll be able to easily sneek a peek at this beach! Jann :sunny:

julbee
07-31-2003, 08:32 PM
hi.. i have been reading sbd boards for days decided to try posting so well see how it goes!!! came from prevention boards they seem to be down alot and everyone here seems very respectful of each other thats nice!!! i am on day 9 of the diet and i cant tell you what ive lost as iam one of thoes who doesnt wiegh... iam 5'3 and probably 150 and want to lose 25 or so.. that sounds silly since i dont weigh but i know what it feels like when i get there ill know!!! i feel some difference in clothes and body husband is the same way hes on it too... he needs to lose 50 or so he has recently wieghed in at docs... we find ph one pretty satisfying we havent used the ricotta desert as it sounds awful maybe iam wrong ... i clicked on a face humm dont see one here!! i will have to learn all this oh iam 46 and grandbaby boy is one year old today!! well i have learned alot and lots of inspiration i will be posting now and interacting how fun!!! okay lets see if this worked julbee

Nikkiloo
07-31-2003, 09:45 PM
Hi Julbee:

Lucky you not being addicted to the scale ... I'm on it every other day :eek:

Also lucky you you're husband's along for the ride ... my boyfriend (who lives with me) has a fit every day saying I don't need to loose weight trying to get me to eat what he's eating:( (he needs to loose about 50 lbs himself)

Frannymae ... I ended up having a "bad month" too (from about the middle of June til the middle of July) and restarted two weeks ago ... down 10 lbs total but now I'm stalled :?: Onto phase II Sunday ... maybe I'll see a change then.

Thanks for the welcome all the ladies on the beach ;)

julbee
08-01-2003, 12:03 AM
thanks nikiloo.... well it sounds like you really need to focus on it keep up the good work we plan on staying on phase one 3 weeks i think... good luck hang in there with it you aRE ALREADY DOING GREAT CONGRATS!! JULBEE

jeviolet
08-01-2003, 02:15 AM
I have never felt so welcomed to anything before in my life. Thank you to each one of you for the warm hello. I look forward to posting here more often to learn and share encouragement. Janet

sflake
08-01-2003, 09:00 AM
Please join us on the daily thread and welcome to you all!