General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-06-2014, 11:16 PM   #1  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Just a stress dumping rant. Thanks for listening.

With out going into detail.

The men in my life, the DH, the contractor, and other various men,the guy my Dh thinks will farm our ground good. are just stupid and lazy.

I am very irritated. A lot of things that men should have done, that was planned for while I was gone on a "WORK" trip for the weekend, did not happen.

Now, DH says I need to get it done. The contractor also had big BRAIN FART!

Heads are going to ROLL!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:49 PM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

I hear 'ya!
My hubby is over at our vacation home because he needed a break. I went ahead and did all the yard work on Saturday because it's going to snow here soon. Went to work Sunday... came home and went to bed early. I got up at 1am and I've been up ever since -it's almost 22 hours now. However, in those 22 hours I have been to work for eight hours(on my feet-I'm a waitress) and have sanded and put three coats of finish on our kitchen floor that I've wanted to get done for several years now.
Truth be told, I'm really grateful to be able to do a lot of the things now. I wasn't able to at my higher weight.
I've attached a little comic that I keep on my phone. It's helped me to turn my frustration into self action....with a little humor
I hope your stuff gets done!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (25.7 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-06-2014 at 11:52 PM.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #3  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Hope the rant helped! I can commiserate. DH (dam* husband) is a perfectionist ... so NOTHING gets done until the time and resources are available to do it perfectly. I get tired of waiting and either do it as well as I can (which is never perfect), or I hire somebody else and live with the results. Funny though, he only makes snarky comments about the stuff I tackle, but never hates it enough to re-do it.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:58 AM   #4  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

My wife left me for less.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
I hear 'ya! I've attached a little comic that I keep on my phone. It's helped me to turn my frustration into self action....with a little humor. I hope your stuff gets done!
LOVE THE CARTOON!!!!
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 11:41 PM   #6  
Jillian stole my abs!

My DH keeps telling me I need to know how to do all of this stuff, in case he dies before me. *rolls eyes*

He's taught me so much, I'm not sure why I need him to hang around.

I can operate all of the farm equipment, deal with the insurance company, deal with all of the paper work, at the USDA, NRD, NRCS, and so on with farm stuff, change my own oil, tires, fix fence, deal with contractors, the bank, keep tabs on the 401k's, health insurance, and so on and so forth.

We are in the midst of a construction/home improvement project, that I handled, took me a few weeks to get it going. The hub, the new well project, he was in charge of, 2 years and counting? We do have water, but now the project is at crisis mode. Ding bat, what were you doing in those 3 different times you took a week off? I called GO DIG twice, and now gonna have to call them again?

I only need one more lesson on all of the levers on the back hoe, and I'll just do it my dang self!
Old 10-13-2014, 12:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcirerf View Post
I can operate all of the farm equipment, deal with the insurance company, deal with all of the paper work, at the USDA, NRD, NRCS, and so on with farm stuff, change my own oil, tires, fix fence, deal with contractors, the bank, keep tabs on the 401k's, health insurance, and so on and so forth. I only need one more lesson on all of the levers on the back hoe, and I'll just do it my dang self!
Not that's pretty impressive! I feel accomplished when I can operate a Phillips screw driver. Glad you posted, been overseeing some projects - nothing like yours, much smaller but still aggravating. Feels good not to be alone.
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:13 AM   #8  
Jillian stole my abs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Mamma View Post
Not that's pretty impressive! I feel accomplished when I can operate a Phillips screw driver. Glad you posted, been overseeing some projects - nothing like yours, much smaller but still aggravating. Feels good not to be alone.
The project is growing closer to being done. Thank the powers that be.

There were a few unexpected, but not unplanned for "things"

Actually, most of it went better than I expected. But I swear on all that is holy, if they do not get the new screen door in tomorrow, I'm going to have "HISSY FIT"

The contractor texted me today, it was just a bit windy for that. Yes it was windy this morning. By 2 p.m. it was no longer windy! You could not come out after lunch and work?

However, through all of this, they work till noon, and then, I don't really know what they do after that.

Wish I could get buy working from 8 ish till noon!

This would not probably annoy me as much as it does, but when the hub and I originally, bought the ground and set the modular, had the foundation poured, ended up sliding the house on ourselves, because the crew was lazy, and kept forgetting tools and such, and then they needed to go to lunch. OH, they forgot to come back. In the mean time, we dug and put in all the new electric, and septic and water lines, and so on and so forth, all while we were both working full time, I don't have a lot of tolerance, for "lazy" and dumb excuses.

Crikees! I spent so much time in the ditch digging in all the electrical, and water, and septic/plumbing, and so on while the hub was on the back hoe, I spent time and money, on a shovel, that I liked! And I sprayed the handle, safety PINK!