Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 07:21 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-06-2014, 08:47 AM   #2  
Started IP Sept 12, 2014

S/C/G: 321/257/199

Height: 5'5"

So how does your body react to the "once per week restricted item" yesterday was my first time having an IP chocolate raspberry bar. Within and hour i was soo bloated and had horrible cramps and spent my evening in the washroom. Other than the bar everything else i ate was the same as my few previous weeks
Old 10-06-2014, 09:27 AM   #3  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalian View Post
So how does your body react to the "once per week restricted item" yesterday was my first time having an IP chocolate raspberry bar. Within and hour i was soo bloated and had horrible cramps and spent my evening in the washroom. Other than the bar everything else i ate was the same as my few previous weeks
Here's a whole thread on it: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...hocolates.html

A lot of people avoid it entirely, as it's much higher in calories/carbs than other bars. I had it once, haven't had it since. Have found I can fill that chocolate craving with the double chocolate brownie, chocolate wafer or pudding, just fine. But it's your call.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #4  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Weird! I'm glad I'm not a chocolate lover. Haha. I have the vanilla peanut butter bars and the protidiet peanut surprise bars and haven't had a problem other than having cravings. I eat the probably 3 or 4 times a week now instead of 7.

I had my WI today...down 3 pounds and am now 10 pounds away from my halfway mark goal. Woohoo!

Last edited by nat1015; 10-06-2014 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:52 AM   #5  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Extending goal again???

So, many of you who have been so supportive and have given me advice through my journey may remember that I have struggled with setting a goal the whole time I've been on IP. I have been overweight since I hit puberty. The smallest size I remember being is a size 12 and that was in high school, so I don't really have a point of reference for what my ideal weight is. I've tried calculating with the dukan diet calculator, which just seems to give me a number near my personal goal weight, so I'm not sure how much stock I put into it.

I started out on IP with a 50 pound total loss goal, and extended it to 165 when I got closer. Now when I weigh in on Tuesday I know I'm going to be within a half a pound of my 165 goal, and I feel like I'm at a cross roads. I would love to lose another 10-15 pounds. Everyone I know is saying I should phase off, I don't look like I need to lose any more, but I still feel like I have some extra fat in areas that I'd like to get off. I still have a bit of a belly pooch and there is the faint hint of love handles.

Another part of me is really ready to start phasing off. I feel ready to move into Phase 2 and that I could really use the extra calories. I'm not having cravings, but at the end of the day I wish I had more "real" protein, even though I'm eating my full 8 oz with dinner. I also keep thinking I'd really like to be in maintenance for the holidays, but I feel like that is my inner brat talking. I've made it through so many events without a drink and staying OP, why can't I do it now? I also have reservations about maintaining during the holidays. I want to do it right, and ideally without the temptations around that might push me into making every other day a fun day.

I have thought about doing an extended P2 phasing off and then in January, once the hubub of the holidays is over, either going back on Phase 1 or trying something like Whole 30 and exercising to address those problem areas.

So...mostly this is just to vent, but any advice would be appreciated. Am I being crazy? Overly hyper perhaps? Maybe this is just the pre-phase off jitters.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 242/217/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
So, many of you who have been so supportive and have given me advice through my journey may remember that I have struggled with setting a goal the whole time I've been on IP. I have been overweight since I hit puberty. The smallest size I remember being is a size 12 and that was in high school, so I don't really have a point of reference for what my ideal weight is. I've tried calculating with the dukan diet calculator, which just seems to give me a number near my personal goal weight, so I'm not sure how much stock I put into it.

I started out on IP with a 50 pound total loss goal, and extended it to 165 when I got closer. Now when I weigh in on Tuesday I know I'm going to be within a half a pound of my 165 goal, and I feel like I'm at a cross roads. I would love to lose another 10-15 pounds. Everyone I know is saying I should phase off, I don't look like I need to lose any more, but I still feel like I have some extra fat in areas that I'd like to get off. I still have a bit of a belly pooch and there is the faint hint of love handles.

Another part of me is really ready to start phasing off. I feel ready to move into Phase 2 and that I could really use the extra calories. I'm not having cravings, but at the end of the day I wish I had more "real" protein, even though I'm eating my full 8 oz with dinner. I also keep thinking I'd really like to be in maintenance for the holidays, but I feel like that is my inner brat talking. I've made it through so many events without a drink and staying OP, why can't I do it now? I also have reservations about maintaining during the holidays. I want to do it right, and ideally without the temptations around that might push me into making every other day a fun day.

I have thought about doing an extended P2 phasing off and then in January, once the hubub of the holidays is over, either going back on Phase 1 or trying something like Whole 30 and exercising to address those problem areas.

So...mostly this is just to vent, but any advice would be appreciated. Am I being crazy? Overly hyper perhaps? Maybe this is just the pre-phase off jitters.
Congrats pishposhappelsauce!! Your weight loss is amazing! When did you start your journey on IP? My friend and I started this journey together. She has a lot less to lose than myself. She is purposely making sure she is on P1 during the holidays to avoid that extra temptation of over eating at events. Follow your gut feeling. And good luck with your decision!
Old 10-06-2014, 10:41 AM   #7  
Started IP Sept 12, 2014

S/C/G: 321/257/199

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Here's a whole thread on it: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...hocolates.html

A lot of people avoid it entirely, as it's much higher in calories/carbs than other bars. I had it once, haven't had it since. Have found I can fill that chocolate craving with the double chocolate brownie, chocolate wafer or pudding, just fine. But it's your call.
Thanks! Yes it was my first and probably only. I was hosting a big party yesterday that took days of food prep so i thought the chocolate rap would be a little reward... Lesson learned
Old 10-06-2014, 10:51 AM   #8  
maintaining since 9/2013

Hi Pishposh, Congratulations! You are a wise lady. fwiw, I phased off right before the holidays and was totally unprepared for it. I believed that I would feel as indifferent to all my problem foods as i had felt in P1. Whatever you decide, I would say to be prepared that you may feel very different once you phase out of ketosis.

There is a point when diet fatigue can set in. For some it can be a time to renew and push on, and for others, it's a feeling to be heeded. Listening to our body is a wonderful lesson learned in P1. I'm impressed that you are trying on both sides of the question--way to go! Again, fwiw, I knew it was time to phase off when I lost my enthusiasm for the IP foods. If you are tired of the food, ~12 weeks through the holidays is a long time.

Many continue to lose through P2 and beyond. You may find this too. Your body may resculpt as well. Those areas you mentioned were the very last to vanish for me. But also many make the mistake of undereating in maintenance. After ~900 calories on P1, eating over 1200 can seem crazy. Undereating is a recipe for holiday bingeing. I gained 12 lbs last Nov/Dec. On top of that issue is what you mentioned about knowing your ideal weight....it's uncharted territory given a long history of overweight (same here). It can take a while to work this out.

This is a loooong post! Just want to wish you the best--there is not a clear right or wrong to your decision, imho and you can always correct course.

Last edited by mars735; 10-06-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:06 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Another option Posh, is to do the Alternate Phase 1 (diabetic style plan)... that gives you a little more to work with even during the holidays and yet it's still a weight loss phase. You will be getting more 'real' food, like low fat dairy and 1 starch carb (grain or bean) and 1 fruit serving. This can make it easier to actually still diet while getting some tweaked holiday foods in. I did it this way for other reasons but I still lost weight and actually into P2 & 3. And lost waist inches in maintenance too as I toned up a bit more. Just another option to look at... Do what you feel is best for your body

Liana
Old 10-06-2014, 11:15 AM   #10  

Posh posh, I am going through a similar dilemma. I am less than 10 pounds away from my ultimate goal of 145. However, my hair loss is worrisome and I don't think worth a size 8. I am planning on phasing off, after talking to my coach. I am petrified I will go back to where I was but must listen to my body. I appreciate all of the wisdom everyone has shared from their own journeys. Good luck Pish Posh.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:27 AM   #11  
Start: 5/7/14

S/C/G: 205/137/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Mom View Post
Posh posh, I am going through a similar dilemma. I am less than 10 pounds away from my ultimate goal of 145. However, my hair loss is worrisome and I don't think worth a size 8. I am planning on phasing off, after talking to my coach. I am petrified I will go back to where I was but must listen to my body. I appreciate all of the wisdom everyone has shared from their own journeys. Good luck Pish Posh.
Same here. I was also afraid that if I got into 130s then I'd feel like I needed to push to the 120s and so on. So I just jumped in and started P2 over the weekend. I plan to do it for a couple weeks at least but I'd really like to be solidly in P4 by the time the holidays roll around. Good luck with whatever you decide!
Old 10-06-2014, 11:44 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 164/148

Height: 5'8.5''

Hi everyone. Just had my second weigh in for a loss of 2.1!

As a really new member I don't know if I can offer advice about phasing off but I'd say if you can make it through another few weeks, why not get to your ultimate goal weight? You won't find another diet that allows you to lose as fast. It will also be easier through the holidays to just follow phase 1 instead of worrying over what foods to eat, cravings, etc.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Pishposh -

Have you considered a modified P2 where you have real protein that replaces a packet? That is how I have been doing P1 for about 9 months now. Instead of a packet for lunch I have a salad with 2 oz ham and an egg white or a sandwich made with an english muffin (half a pancake packet) and 1.5 oz lunch meat. The calories are slightly higher but I'm ok with that. Since you are moving towards phasing off, you should increase your calories anyway.

It would keep you loosing more than a full P2, but give you the extra real protein you want.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 164.5/131.4/130

Height: 5'2.5"

Pishposh - I totally understand your situation! I am in a similar situation...I would love to be 5 lbs below my goal weight (I am 5lbs above my goal now) for some "wiggle room", but at the same time I am nearing the point of really getting antsy to phase off. I have decided to give myself 3 more weeks of P1 and the last week of October start P2. 2 weeks of P2 and then 2 weeks of P3 will put me into maintenance starting the week of Thanksgiving. I probably won't be all the way to my goal at the end of the next 3 weeks but I will be close. Lots of people still loss a couple of pounds in P2. I am really looking forward to maintenance and a little bit more freedom! Good luck with your decision - I sympathize with how hard this decision can be!

Had my WI today and lost another 1.2 lbs, which I will take! I know not a huge loss but that much closer to my goal!
Old 10-06-2014, 12:53 PM   #15  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:

I agree with Danibee - follow your gut. You live in that body every minute of every day. You know how you feel when it moves, when it is satisfied. Trust your instinct. I think it's bound to be very easy to stay with the safety net of staying in P1 and the habit of restricted eating practices; but at some stage you need to have faith in your ability to move forward into a normal eating habit that you can establish for life. The holidays are a nightmare for most people, let alone those of us who are on diets or phasing out - if you have the willpower to resist then go for it, if you don't try modifying the diet in a way that works for you. Swap out similar value calories/fat/carbs/fiber from the packets for a taste of something different - just watch the quantities. You don't want to become afraid of trying real food and treats, or they will plague you for the rest of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegestudent123 View Post
Hi everyone. Just had my second weigh in for a loss of 2.1!
Congrats on your loss. Collegestudent! Every weigh in is a step (or 2.1) closer to your goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyE View Post

Had my WI today and lost another 1.2 lbs, which I will take! I know not a huge loss but that much closer to my goal!
Absolutely a step in the right direction, Sally. A pound+ is a pound+. I'll take any reduction in number, whether it's scale or tape measure. They're all positive!

---

Struggling with some conflict and strife in my personal life at the moment, so I'm finding it nigh on impossible to eat, and I can count the number of times in my life that I've been thirsty (rather than drinking to ensure I take in fluids) on the fingers of one hand. Hoping I can relax and shake the elephant on my chest before it harms the ketosis. Fingers crossed I feel less cowed by lunchtime. Times like this I wished I did yoga or some form of meditation.

Hoping for a great week of fat losses for everyone, and that the working week passes quickly.
Closed Thread