Old 10-01-2014, 03:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Awesome October - of mellow fruitfulness and all things Autumn.

New month, new name, new goals.

I lost 2kg last month, hope to do the same this month. Need to keep up the momentum.

To go back to see what happened last month click http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...-thread-5.html

Last edited by Shad; 10-01-2014 at 06:01 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:43 AM   #2  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Hey you beat me to it LOL
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:51 AM   #3  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

Happy Wednesday! I'm in a great mood! Maybe it's because today is my Thursday. Maybe it's because this evening, I'm going to go see one of my favorite classic films for the first time (for me) on the big screen. Gone with the Wind is celebrating its 75th anniversary, and for a very limited engagement (last Sunday and tonight), it will be in certain theaters! A few friends of mine and I are going. Should be a good time, albeit a late night.

Or maybe I'm in a great mood because while the scale hasn't shown a big decrease in weight, my trainer took my measurements yesterday, and I've lost at least 1/4" in nearly every measurement AND....drum roll please....3" on my waist! I knew something was up because my shirts seemed longer (makes sense since they didn't have as much belly to cover)!

Anyway, that's all the news from Silicon Valley.

================================

Shad - Thanks for setting up the new thread! My back is sore just from READING about all you did between the hauling soil, moving furniture and all, expecially in the heat. Will we get to see photos of the new bed when it is all assembled?

Susie - I hope you feel better today. I hate nausea.

A big to Happy, Laura, Annie, Ceejay and Terra!

Much love to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:43 AM   #4  

Morning all.* September sure flew by, didn’t it?* Thanks for setting up our new thread Shad!*

Michelle – Glad you got some reassurance from your boss’s boss about your job, as well as the timing of your surgery.*

Susie – I hope you’re feeling bettertoday.* Is the shoe in your avatar the same as your new pair of sneakers?* How do you like your new sneakers?* Thanks for the comment about my exercise, but I’ve been quite the slacker this week…but it’s not over yet!* Re looking at the night sky – do you live in an area that gets dark enough to see a lot of stars?* Where I live it’s too bright to see all that much.*

Shad – When you’re not wheeling barrows of soil around your property, you’re indoors moving around furniture!* You’re SuperWoman!!* * So has your new bed arrived yet?* So you’ll be freeing up some space elsewhere once you put your new bed storage to use??** Congrats on the weight loss!*

Hi Terra!

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!*

==

Nothing much to report.* I skipped the movies last night and didn’t do much of anything.*

I had 6,302 steps yesterday.* I did my 15 pushups*today.* I think I’ll try to get a walk in at lunchtime.* Yesterday was misty at lunchtime so I didn’t get out except to pick up a sandwich for lunch.

The gym hasn’t confirmed my cancellation yet.* Annoying.* I imagine I could send that form in a hundred times and they would just ignore it.* I should have at least sent it by certified mail.* Bf says he will phone the operations manager at our local gym to see if she can handle it.*

Bf and I have to schedule our wellness lab tests for our medical insurance.* You do an evaluation online and then they’re supposed to send you a packet before you can go to the lab.* Both of us did our evaluations last week.* Neither of us have received our packets yet.* I guess I shouldn’t be so anxious about getting it done since it looks likely that bf won’t meet the goal set as a result of the last evaluation.* He has high triglycerides so he should have been taking his fish oil capsules, but has he???* Nope.* Anyway, if you don’t meet the goal, you don’t receive the 10% medical insurance premium credit.* I guess I’ll have to get on his case about taking the fish oil.* On the positive side, he doesn’t eat nearly as much processed meat (i.e., deli lunchmeats, etc) as he used to.*

I have a lot of vacation days to use up before year end, so I’ll be taking a vacation day this Friday.* I need to figure out how I’ll use my remaining days.* In the meantime, I think I’ll try to schedule a massage for Friday.

That’s about it for me.* Have a great day everyone.*
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:46 AM   #5  

Michelle - Woohoo re the inches lost!! Enjoy the movie tonight!
Old 10-01-2014, 01:43 PM   #6  
Creating a Healthier Me

Shad - I can't believe I missed your announcement of weight loss! Well done!! Must be all that physical labor and clean eating! I need to do better with both moving and eating....especially eating.

Laura - I knew that Fish Oil was good for the heart, but did not know it was good for triglycerides. I hope both you and bf meet the goals to get discounted medical insurance premiums. So nice that you'll have Friday off. I'm looking forward to my day off. I was going to get my flu shot (after working out with the trainer in the morning), but I'd hoped to combine the shot with getting an OFFICIAL weigh in recorded at the doctor's office (assuming I was at my goal weight for surgery), but since I'm not and it's not likely to happen this week, I've postponed my appointment at least until Monday...gives me all weekend to starve myself (er, I mean eat under the calories expended). LOL A massage sounds wonderful though. I definitely could use one.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
That's a good loss for the month of September. You're getting enough exercise for sure by doing all the yard work.

Michelle
Congratulations on the inches lost for last month. I'm proud of you for dong all the exercise. Enjoy the movie.

Laura
Pooh, I've been forgetting to wear my pedometer. Are you doing 15 push ups per day or have you started a new challenge?

Hello's to Happy, Terra, Annie and Susie.

------------
I'm going in the morning to pick up my new glasses.
I'm getting so excited about the reunion this week end.
Also I've got a lot to do tomorrow. Guess I need to make out a list of priorities to get things done. I'm starting tonight when I get home. If it's not storming.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-01-2014 at 05:28 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:32 AM   #8  
Turning Into A New Woman

CJ ~ Hello, How are you doing this morning?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 4 am. Its now 5:02 a.m., I'm currently eating breakfast, I'm gonna watch for my bus at 7:30 a.m. and I'll probably get to school a little after 8 am and I wont leave there until 3:30 pm and I probably wont get home until 4 or 4:30 pm. I hope to get my 2 mile walk in tonight but I didnt walk last night, Its okay to have a day off from working out.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
Short post since it is getting late and I am about to go to bed. Much nicer today, the heat from yesterday is gone and it was very pleasant out there today. I managed to get all the soil in and make a start on some more drainage stuff around the back. As well as that, I got the bedroom all ready for the new bed - which hasn't yet arrived darn it all. I guess I will be ringing the company tomorrow and find out where it is.

The vege garden is coming along. I have enough beans both purple and green to have a feed and I need to eat some of the lettuces or they will be going to seed on me. So tomorrow I see a Caesar salad coming into my life. Then I will have to look at what to do with the spinach. I also note that there are some cherry tomatoes growing on the vine as well. It's all go in the vege patch.

Michelle - good going on the change in measurements. I love it when that happens. Might not make a difference on the scale, but it sure does make a difference with what you are wearing.

Laura - yep, the bed will take all the bed linen and blankets and duvets. This will free up some space in that silly little cupboard in the laundry where if you try to fit a blanket in, the door won't close.
l will put some photos up if the bed ever arrives.

So that's about it from me. I need to watch Holmes - new series tonight. Then I will go to bed. Have a good day.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:39 AM   #10  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies,

I had a lovely evening with my friends at the movie. It was so magnificent to see Gone With The Wind on the big screen! I'm paying the price with being tired today, but it was worth it. Tonight, D and I and our friend Bob are going out to dinner with our friends from Oregon who are just in town for the day as they just got back from a cruise that set sail out of San Francisco.

Tomorrow is a day off work, but I'll be working out instead. Working out with the trainer for an hour, and at least 45 minutes of cardio. Other than that, not much planned for tomorrow except the dog park.

I got great news yesterday! My weight loss surgery is officially scheduled for Monday, November 24. The Monday before Thanksgiving. So no turkey for me, thank you. And because of my company's shut down, I'll have 6 weeks off to recuperate rather than 4. Or, if I'm up to it, I may just take 2 or 3 weeks off, knowing that I'll have the two weeks for Christmas and New Years to relax.

==========================================

Ceejay - I hope you are able to get at least the most important things done today! Don't overdo it though...want to make sure you have enough energy for the reunion.

Terra - Definitely sounds like you had a busy day! I hope you're able to get your walk in, and if not...it's ok to skip a day...just don't skip too many. LOL

Shad - Glad the weather was nicer and you were able to finish with the soil moving and do more on the drainage. I'd love to see photos of the new bed once you have it and the room set up. Your fresh from the garden Caesar salad sounds so yummy!

Gotta get more graphics and diagrams created. I'll try and check back in later.

Hugs,
Michelle
Old 10-02-2014, 11:10 AM   #11  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Thanks for setting up the new thread Shad - I like the title. For us autumn is enjoying that last dash of color before we wipe the canvas white but for you, isn't autumn a time of renewal? Temperatures have dipped here - I've heard several people talking about the possibility of that dreaded "S" word perhaps making a fleeting appearance tomorrow. I hope not. Seems too soon although I am preparing for a chilly winter. Last season there was a propane gas shortage - prices jacked up through the roof and many people were caught with high heating bills or lack of propane. We always pre-buy on a contract so we were ok. I guess over the summer many people opted to purchase a wood burning stove or furnace and now they are talking about a huge oak wood shortage - so no fuel to stoke the furnace. Sometimes I wonder if they make these things up but in the case of wood they said it's due to the late wet spring we had that delayed the wood cutters getting in and doing their job (and the wood needs to be cut early so it can dry out properly before burning) as well as the increased demand. I wish we had the money to replace our front door this year but with other things a priority, that will just have to wait until next year I guess. We have shades on the door which help keep the cold out, but better doors would help a lot. We also have big windows on the front of the house - it's good in the daytime because the incoming sun helps heat the house but it also means a great deal of chill in the room during the cold winter's nights. No easy answer to stay warm. If I'm going to use my hobby room this winter I will also have to come up with a rug on the floor as I'm sure the cement floors will be quite chilly.

Been a busy last couple of days. We went up to Bayfield and got our apples. Yesterday I made a pork roast in the slow cooker using some of the apple cider. It came out nicely. Yesterday was yoga and I managed to get several things ticked off the to do list. Today I will spend time in the basement working on clearing things out so we can get the last of the carpeting out. Tomorrow is my last Friday working at the shop - I am glad of that - look forward to having more time to myself. It's going to be a cold and rainy start to the cranberry festival - I'm glad I don't have an outdoor booth like my friend does. Of course that's a perfect time to sell her warm knitted shawls and such. Just heads down trying to stay focused on getting things done.

Shad - sounds like your cool weather crop has done quite nicely in the garden. What sort of beans are purple ones? My friend makes a salad with spinach, dried cranberries, chopped hard cooked eggs, pine nuts and a sweet dressing that sounds weird but is actually quite tasty. Oh and you can put crumbled bacon on it too but I skip that. I like spinach sautéed with a bit of garlic for something different, but mostly I eat it fresh and raw. I hope your new bed shows up. Congratulations on the weight loss for September. Good job! Nice way to start out the season. Keep working like you are and I'm sure more pounds will follow.

Terra - now that it's getting darker earlier do you find that you need to take your walks right after dinner or do you walk in the dark?

Ceejay - new glasses - whoo hoo! Did you get something different in the way of frames? I hope you have a great time at the reunion.

Michelle - I hope you make your weight loss goal It's a lot of pressure especially when you are getting time crunched but it will happen. Do you just have to make your goal and then you don't have to weigh in anymore officially? Congrats on looser clothing and the inches lost too - you have worked hard on the exercise - good to know that you saw some positive results

Laura - yes September did go by quickly. In fact, the whole year seemed to have zoomed by as is often the case. Hard to believe we are starting on our 4th year up here. Sometimes the days seems to drag on forever but the weeks and months fly by. A 10 percent reduction in insurance premiums is a great incentive for following the wellness program. Perhaps you will have to set BF's fish oil capsules next to his dinner plate in the evening I am terrible at taking pills too - I have a whole box sitting in the bedroom So what will you do with your leftover vacation? Take long weekends?

Hi Susie - hope you got back on the good eating plan. How are you liking the Brooks shoes?

Annie - saw that you hit a bit of an achey breaky bump on the sore body parts. Try to hang in there until the insurance kicks in. Epsom soaks help, get some good walking shoes even if you have to change shoes once you get in the office - so important if you're covering a lot more ground now - especially if it's on hard cement. Hope you feel better

Time for me to get moving before I waste away the day. Have a good one all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:38 AM   #12  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy - Yikes! The "S" word already? Brrrr. Even if it is a fleeting appearance...it just makes me shiver. Stay warm...especially if you go to the Cranberry festival. To answer your question, I have to continue to weigh in every few weeks between now and surgery, and I have to make dang sure I'm at or below surgery weight on the day of surgery or the surgeon won't do it. So I'd like to lose at least another 5 pounds, preferably more prior to surgery. 7.5 weeks...I know it's going to go by quickly.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:06 PM   #13  

Afternoon all. Today is my Friday!

Michelle – Glad you enjoyed the big screen showing of Gone with the Wind! What a great movie. So you now have a firm countdown for your surgery! Big changes coming! Enjoy your dinner with D and the Oregon friends, and enjoy your day off*tomorrow. I need the exercise – maybe I’ll get to a class at the gym.

Ceejay – I’m just doing 15 pushups per day, no specific challenge going on at the moment. How are your new glasses?

Terra – Sounds like you’re having a busy day today. I hope you’re able to get your walk in tonight.

Shad – Glad you had a break in the heat for a change. Sounds like the veg garden is going great guns. Good for you. I have to get out and pick some more of my tomatoes. Very soon I imagine I will have to pick all of them - both ripe and unripe – so they don’t succumb to a deadly frost. Nice that you’ll now have room for your linens! Speaking of…reminds me that we have a very nice, little-used down comforter sitting in the basement that we don’t use because it’s just too warm for us. This might be the time to try and sell it on Craigslist.

Happy – I think we’re in for a temp dip this weekend. Bf and I may not get in our one and only bike ride of the season. Boo! What a waste of nice bikes and nice trails. Glad you’re set up for propane gas in preparation for a chilly winter. I sure hope you don’t get any “S” any time soon!! Too early! Apples are not among my favorite fruits, but I do like a bit of fresh apple cider during the harvest season. If only they sold it in smaller containers! The pork cooked in cider sounds delicious! I can’t believe you’re going into your 4th year up there! Wow. Re the bf’s fish oil capsules – yep, have to get him into a routine with them. If I didn’t use a pill box and my outlook calendar’s reminders I’d never get all my daily pills taken. The weekdays are much more routine, so that helps too. I have a tendency to go off the rails on the weekend…it’s a good thing I don’t take many meds, mostly vitamins/supplements. Yeh, my leftover vacation will be used for long weekends. I really don’t like taking days off mid-week, and there’s no plans that would make me want to take a full week off. Maybe I’ll take a couple days around Thanksgiving to leverage the 4 day weekend into nearly a week.

Annie – Sorry you’re suffering from those aches and pains. Hang in there ‘til your insurance kicks in! :

Hi Susie!

==

I just learned my massage person is in CA on vacay until the 12th, so my massage will have to come another day.

Bf took care of my gym cancellation – this morning he called the corporate office to whom I’d sent my cancellation form. They had it on file, and based on the date, they could tell I’d gotten it to them before the September billing date. Apparently they will give me a credit for that amount. They’re pretty snakey – if he hadn’t called I would never have gotten my cancellation confirmation email (they sent it today after they talked to him), nor September’s credit. I will check my credit card next week to make sure that credit hits my account.

I had 10,359 steps yesterday thanks to a walk I took at lunchtime yesterday. I was thinking I might do a workout last night, but I didn’t. After I’d hauled 8 bundles of brush from the very back of the yard all the way out to the curb I was no longer in the mood for a workout.

My eating has been out of control this past week and the scale was not kind to me this morning. I haven’t been bringing my lunches to work, and healthy snacks have also gone by the wayside, along with tracking. I suppose it’s a good thing that my body won’t let me get away with this kind of “off the wagon” behavior and tells me I need to get back on track – PRONTO!!! I need to make meal planning and shopping a priority.

Better get this posted before more interruptions happen. Darn job.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura
I do much better food wise if I have a meal plan. Don't blame you for not exercising last night. I've set a goal that if I get my mile in on steps then I have my exercise in. I'm wearing my pedometer today and as of right now my steps are 6186 to equal a little over a mile. I was busy this morning but this afternoon a little lax. After all this is my relaxation day.

Happy
The one thing about October "s" is that it shouldn't stay very long. How many days did you work at the thrift store. Hadn't thought about adding apple cider to a roast. It does sound good.

Michelle
Wow a date for the surgery! Maybe some one will bring you a cup of turkey broth for Turkey day. I hope Gone With The Wind will be at one of the theaters in our area. That's one movie that I would like to see.

Susie
How are things going with DH?

Terra
I'm doing well today.

Shad
What kind of bed did you get?

Annie
Hi

--------
Picked up my new glasses today and could tell a big, big difference. I wore them this morning but was getting a bad headache by lunch so I switched back to the old ones. I didn't realize how much I was depending on my right eye. I'm now wearing the again. The frames are similar to the ones I had. I have to go back in a year. He told me last week that my cataracts were beginning to grow.
It's raining. It smells so good and we have been needing a few inches. The ground is dry. We've had some pea sized hail.
I did get some things off my list this morning, but still no house cleaning. It's not bad just needs dusting and vacuuming.
I'm going to pack for this week end. My gf and I are going a day early so she can get out to relax. I know keeping 4 children at age 62 isn't easy. She's staying with a niece and keeping her children.

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-02-2014 at 05:47 PM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:22 AM   #15  
Turning Into A New Woman

Michelle ~ Yeah when I take a day off from working out I definitely dont make it a habit. I know I havent ever told you this but I have a half sister who's name is Michelle also.

Happy ~ Yeah since its getting darker earlier I may start going for walks after dinner instead of in the morning.

Laura ~ Yes I did have a busy day yesterday but nope when I went to sleep at 6 last night I slept right threw until 10 pm last night which was too late to do my 2 miles but I'll be sure to do my 2 miles tonight cause I'm not tired like I was yesterday so I definitely get my 2 miles in.

CJ ~ I'm glad your doing good. I'm doing good too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

woke up at 3 a.m. cause I went to bed early last night. I was sleepy all day yesterday due to the weather when its cloudy and rainy or stormy, It makes me more sleepy then when its sunny. My plans for today are to get my 2 walks in, My morning walk and my 2 mile evening walk with my dvd. I also plan to go shopping today, Food and non food shopping. Well thats it for me so far today, I hope everyone has a wonderful day.