South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 05:29 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Maybe Marvy Monday - September 29

Monday again and it feels good after such a busy weekend. There is absolutely nothing on my calendar for today except dinner with my friend Rachel. She is making a Moroccan chicken tajhine which I love and have not had for years.

Yesterday's visit with the cousins and Joanne and her problem dog went really well. Peter and Sheryl were pretty relaxed and loved meeting Joanne and her Joey who is a real sweetie aside from thinking moving cars are sheep. Little Miss Millie, who seemed afraid of men, really took to Peter - I swear it was his huge mustache! She kept leaping onto his lap for a cuddle. After everyone left, I did a final check of the Town Hall and found things in good shape - just a few things left behind by the caterer who will come back today.

Since we have another sunny fall day, I plan to do some outside work on the garden. I also will harvest a kale tree or two and either shred and freeze or dry. (I'm starting to think winter soups!) I may also finish packing away the summer clothes including two bathing suits that have not been used since Cuba two years ago.

Whatever your plans today, take some "me" time. I intend to - I may even get to reading that "Getting Things Done" book that's been sitting right here on the desk for over a week.

On we go with coffee in hand and renewed determination .. and lots of coffee!
Old 09-29-2014, 05:56 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Ruth, thanks for getting us started this morning! I'm amazed that it's been 2 years since you went to Cuba! My how time flies! It sounds like yesterday was really nice and I'm glad the pups did fine. Enjoy your "me" day and your dinner with Rachel. Yum!

It's my early work day and so I actually set the alarm for 2:30. (I did go to bed early). The laundry is done and dishes are in process. There still seems to be lots of picking up/paperwork to do. I think, because I spent all my days off on the other side. I started a new prayer shawl (this one for my sis) and so I've been working on it while I sit and sip coffee w/DH.

Anyway, back to my list.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-30-2014 at 05:15 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow Debbie. That's awesome of you to help your sister out. Healing prayers for her.

Ruth - those border collies do get a little neurotic! I was fondly thinking of my Reesie pup (the border mix), I put her down 2 years ago on Wednesday. We went hiking yesterday on a trail her and I did many times. (It was a heck of a lot harder yesterday!)

Tis Monday! Work should be crazy by myself if it's a typical Monday, but I only work thru most of Wednesday this week, then I'm off on a business trip.

I'm trying that crockpot lasagna recipe someone posted. Probably not a great SBD recipe since it's high in fat with all that cheeeeese , but perfect for my family and I'll have more sides. Besides, I can use my new crockpot!

Have a great day!
Old 09-29-2014, 06:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! It's going to be the typical crazybusy Monday here, but it keeps the day rolling by fast. I'm eager to get to Thursday, when Jake and I are heading to Cape May for a long weekend getaway. I can barely wait! Our motel is right on the beach, and I'm praying for nice weather.

Ruth, I'm glad you had a nice visit yesterday and all went well at the mill.

Debbie, you are an angel for taking such good care of your sister, and I pray for strength and healing for her.

Tammy, let us know how that lasagna recipe turns out! Sounds like we're both only working 3 days this week. Where are you going on your business trip?
Old 09-29-2014, 07:07 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! Happy Monday. I'm taking the morning off to get some stuff done. It was a busy weekend and last week too, and I just need some peace to do some housework! I'll go into work a little late, but that's ok.

I need to get back on track with my eating...there have been just too many "reasons" to be off plan. This will require focus and determination on my part. I do have a lot of on plan food in my fridge, but I've been thrown by all that has gone on lately. There's been some work stress, some church stress, and some home stress. Too much!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:10 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I can relate. Matilda. "Stop the world! I wanna get off!" I do find that getting my house in order eases the stress over the rest of the stuff. Housework as therapy?
Old 09-29-2014, 08:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning I agree when I am organized and my house is clean I am able to manage stress a little better. Sometimes life just gets overwhelming and it causes us to lose focus on our own personal goals. Matilda I hope you have a less stressful month.

Debbie glad your sister's treatments are going well. I'll be sending healing thoughts and prayers. We are here if you need us.

Ruth so happy Millie is getting used to men with big mustaches lol. The chicken dish sounds delicious. Enjoy your dinner and me time

Linda so nice to have your trip to look forward too. Hope the week flies by.

Tammy hope work goes quickly. Don't you just love how convenient the crock pot is. Mine is a huge staple in my cooking routine. I don't need to cook at all this week as my freezer is stocked with OP meals for one lol. I did eat my yummy not OP left overs. Since you asked my bday was Friday. This year was tough, silly hormones made is a weepy week to say the least.

Nothing on my agenda today. I may go for a casual bike ride, after yesterday's ride casual is all my body can take. I do need to change the darn light bulb over the garage again. Not a big fan of laddes. Maybe if I a, feeling adventurous I might weed.

Have a great day!!!
Old 09-29-2014, 11:53 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Busy morning this morning lots of meetings today.

Ruth glad the visit went well.

Debbie I think it is great you are getting involved with your sisters treatments

Twynn hope today speeds by for you.

Cottage sounds like you have a nice weekend gateway planned.

Matilda I am just trying to be very good until I return from conference and then plan on being strict and on plan with no cheats for 6 weeks to get back on track.

Jekel I hate ladders too, only get on them when absolutely necessary to get something done. Hate heights.....

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-29-2014, 02:25 PM   #9  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey, Ladies.

Today started out with meetings (out of office). It should be calmer now.

Today is also the start of Phase 2. I lost 6.6 pounds on Phase 1. I've stalled on weight loss (not sure why except I don't exercise). But I remain committed to this. And I have a banana for a snack! I'm excited!!

My weekend was filled with more home improvement projects as my DSS1 gets married in less than 2 weeks. My DH seems to think every project in our house must be done (we're have guests stay with us) and starts all of them at once and creates messes and more work wherever he goes. THIS is why I can't wait for the wedding to be done. My reward: the week following the wedding, my DH is going hunting for 3-4 days, DSS1 will be moved out (I hope, current progress makes me doubt it, but he'll be on his honeymoon, so he'll be gone. His stuff might not be) and I'll be home ALONE. Sheer Bliss!
Old 09-29-2014, 06:26 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey ladies, did anyone see me wave as I flew by this morning? Didn't have time to stop for personals. However on my way to work the guy on the radio announced this is National Coffee Day! That's a day this crew can always get behind.

Another beautiful sunny fall day. I am doing my best to stop and appreciate the foliage (the September version of "stop and smell the roses").

Sounds like everyone had a busy day planned. Hope your Monday was Marvy!!
Old 09-29-2014, 09:48 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

buzz buzz buzz, crazy as usual Had a lovely weekend with my DH and then early and all day staff meeting today Tomorrow should be calmer

See you in the morning
Closed Thread