Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-24-2014, 12:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/280/?

Red face Alright, time to do this!

I just found this, and I'm hoping this would be the extra nudge i need. Im 24, a mother, a fiancé, a full time student and a full time employee. Im not comfortable in my own skin. Not one bit. but i want to improve that.
Ive had several attempts before, lost a couple lbs, gained even more back, got discouraged and gave up. Repeat pattern.
This time has to be different. Im borderline diabetic, my cholesterol is really high, hormone imbalance makes it more difficult. Prior to my pregnancy i was 145 lbs. my child is 18 months old and i let it go and now I'm 281.
My health depends on this. Im embarrassed to exercise and I'm trying to get over that. I've changed my diet and portion control.
Feel free to give any sort of advice! I'm up for communications! <3
kelynn.11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 302/294/160

Height: 170 cm

Hi kelynn.11!

I think (and hope) that making good use of the resources and potential friendships made on this site is exactly the extra nudge we all need.

I am also embarrassed to exercise - I've been subject to the 'gym bullies' which baffles me, because aren't I in the gym, trying to FIX what you see as wrong?! Isn't that what they want? lol. So far I haven't really gotten over it, so much as just gotten through it. Tell me if you learn any tips on getting over it!

I also sorta envy you for your previous weight. Sometimes I feel like if I just knew it was possible to BE that 'goal' weight, it might be easier. I hope that's the case for you!

Good luck!!
Bardess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/280/?

Im sorry you got gym bullied, I've never experienced that because of the lack of comfort level i had being around people I never experienced the gym. People and their negative attitudes

I just started running about 2 or 3 days ago (more like jog, catch breath, speed walk, stop casually walk right now) but I'm doing it at night. I'm hoping as i get more comfortable with my fitness level and can endure a lot more i can push myself to handle being in the gym. then other people will have to deal with seeing the jiggle tip its gone.

Do you know how the tickers work? how i update my weight? i plan on doing a weekly weigh in.

I forgot to add, even if you haven't been that goal weight in years or was always on the bigger side, doesnt mean you can never be that size. as long as your not aiming for 90 lbs anyway

Last edited by kelynn.11; 09-24-2014 at 12:59 AM.
kelynn.11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 08:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 302/294/160

Height: 170 cm

Running! You are officially my new hero! Seriously. I could *not*.

Signatures/tickers: I know that you have to be a member for 20 days and have at least 20 posts in order to create a signature. Once you hit that benchmark, you should be able to see the ticker options, or add your own from TickerFactory.com or lilyslim.com. If you need help when you're able to add your signature let me know.
Bardess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 12:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelynn.11 View Post
I just found this, and I'm hoping this would be the extra nudge i need. Im 24, a mother, a fiancé, a full time student and a full time employee. Im not comfortable in my own skin. Not one bit. but i want to improve that.
Ive had several attempts before, lost a couple lbs, gained even more back, got discouraged and gave up. Repeat pattern.
This time has to be different. Im borderline diabetic, my cholesterol is really high, hormone imbalance makes it more difficult. Prior to my pregnancy i was 145 lbs. my child is 18 months old and i let it go and now I'm 281.
My health depends on this. Im embarrassed to exercise and I'm trying to get over that. I've changed my diet and portion control.
Feel free to give any sort of advice! I'm up for communications! <3

kelynn, glad you're here! Don't be embarrassed to exercise - you will feel better & it will help with the health issues & will help you keep up with your toddler. Changing diet & portion control is a great start! And you'll find plenty of friends here to help you on your journey.

Good luck!
Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote