Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #1  

Default Phase 1 IP Alternative Plan

Hi This forum has been great! I do have a question. I am planning to start the IP diet BUT I am trying to use alternatives and heard(from forum) a lot of you bu from Nashua Nutrition. My question is that I need a set plan for ALTERNATIVES FOR PHASE 1(just started). Can anyone suggest SPECIFIC things I can order for PHASE 1? I know that in PHASE 1, you could only have protein shakes for Breakfast and Lunch and a meal for dinner. I am also working out. Can I eat an additional snack if hungry? And if so, what can i eat and buy from Nashua.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:11 AM   #2  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Do you mean the alternative plan which is the one for diabetics or using alternates? The diabetic plan means adding one fruit to a meal, one grain to a meal and one dairy. Everything else is the same so you can do it when ordering alts through Nashua. There is a whole thread on using alternative products.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:12 AM   #3  

This is a duplicate topic. Please go here for the info you seek
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-part-5-a.html
Old 09-21-2014, 09:17 AM   #4  

I mean using alternatives.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:22 AM   #5  

Lisa32989, I have read through that alternative post but was a bit confused because a lot people say they are eating bars instead of shakes. I wasn't sure you could do that. I just wanted to see if someone would post a SPECIFIC eating of how they stated PHASE 1 of IP using alternative products I could order.
I.E. Breakfast xxx(name) protein
Lunch xxx and 2 cups veggies
Dinner protein plus veggies
Snack xxxx
Old 09-21-2014, 09:33 AM   #6  

also i need products that are gluten free as well
Old 09-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/196.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi flyshigh,

I started IP a couple of weeks ago with alternatives. It took a lot of research and reading these threads for me to figure out what to do at first! Luckily I have a friend who went through the program last year who has been helping me.

What you're asking is a difficult question to give a simple answer too as there are soooo many products out there that could potentially work as alternatives. What you order will really depend on your own preferences and tastes. It doesn't have to be just shakes - many people use bars as restricted items they eat once per day.

What I would recommend is for you to download the Phase 1 guidelines sheet. Lisa posts it in the very first post of the daily chat - that will tell you how many packets to eat per day, how much protein, veggies, etc.

As far as which alternatives to order, I came across this really helpful website:

http://www.lamberjules.com/my_makeov...r-weight-loss/

This person has put together a spreadsheet on that page that lists the nutritional guidelines for choosing alternatives as well as the nutritional info for many of the items you'll find on Nashua. It should give you an idea of how to choose shakes/bars, etc and what kinds of things are out there.

Hope this helps!

Lucy
Closed Thread