General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-20-2014, 03:58 PM   #1  
Losing it every day...

S/C/G: 303.8/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Default Getting rid of "fat' clothes?

So, the seasons are changing here and I will soon be switching from spring/summer wardrobe (such as it is) to fall/winter stuff from storage.

I had expected to lose more weight than I did over the summer, so I have brand new clothes in my next size down. I currently wear 18/20 and I have summer stuff that's size 16.

My question is, should I store these clothes or just donate them to charity? Should I let myself believe that I won't need them next summer. I am more committed to weight loss than I have ever been before, but it's somehow scary to think of letting go of fat clothes, even though I probably will never wear them.

Advice appreciated!
twish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/197/120

Height: 5'5

Hmm I see where you're coming from! I think if you feel that you will have the budget for a new wardrobe for the coming summer, it's fine to let them go. Maybe if you have really nice pieces you could sell them at a consignment store or give them to a friend. Also while you're losing weight this winter, if you ever go shopping, think of pieces you could see yourself wearing in the spring and summer (light layers, jeans, etc) and fits that can work with different sizes (dolman shirts, tunics, shift dresses).
Hope this helps!
muguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:34 PM   #3  
Losing it every day...

S/C/G: 303.8/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

That's great advice, Muguet! Thanks.

All of my fat clothes are casual and inexpensive, so I am leaning toward donating them, as a way of stating through action that I believe in myself and reaffirming my commitment to myself.
twish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 08:56 PM   #4  

Hey T,
I just sent you a PM and talked about getting rid of my bigger sizes. I had not seen this post yet. I have decided to get rid of my clothes as I go into smaller sizes. I have a huge walk in closet full of clothes from size 5 to size 20. Yes, it's packed full. I barely have room to walk in it.

I am getting rid of most stuff that is getting to big for me now, mostly everyday stuff (work and casual). I have some really nice outfits that I am hanging on to, only because they were really expensive and almost brand new. I will hang on to those until I get considerably farther away from needing them again.

I also have a few smaller sizes that I bought knowing they were too small as motivation. I've stopped doing this as I know that when I am am at the weight I want to be at, I will get new clothes that will look and feel good.

It feels good to get rid of some of this stuff
MaryBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/197/120

Height: 5'5

totally forgot to say that one thing that I'm trying to do myself is to have the smallest wardrobe possible, so that it's not as expensive when I'll rebuy my pieces.
muguet is offline   Reply With Quote