South Beach Diet - Wonderful Wednesday at the Beach Daily 7/30

LADY WINDSONG
07-30-2003, 06:09 AM
One of the changes I am noticing on the board is your ATTITUDES.
What a great benefit from this program.
We are begining to see the person that has been hidden away for such a long time. I think she amazes us all. When you look into the mirror you now see who you have been all along.

GOOD FOR US!

Wishing you all a happy day, and remember this good feeling the next time you are tempted.

Lady :flow1:

Ruthxxx
07-30-2003, 06:27 AM
Good morning, Lady. You are the chick who has the best attitude.

I have been a bit down about gaining 3 pounds during the Fair. :( I weighed this morning (I'm an addict) and am catching your positive attitude when I said to myself "If I'm not down today, I will be down tomorrow!" We are so inclined to put ourselves down and, after 40 years of yo-yo dieting, I am an expert on that!

Today is a day without musts or shoulds! I will make a run to town for groceries - no veggies as my garden is now in production. I truly thought it would never happen but the zucchini, snow peas and yellow beans are started. In a week or so, I'll be complaining about having trouble keeping up with the flow.

I'm off for coffee on the deck with the dogs and then a walk down to the Lake before it gets too hot. Today will definitely be an AC and wading pool day. Hershey gets in the pool and sort of wallows until she is cooled down. She looks like a big black hippo. (The only must for today is weigh her at the vet. I am not expecting a loss but who knows. Maybe she needs Lady to talk to her about attitude! :D )

Have a beautiful day on The Beach, Beauties.

ZuzeQ
07-30-2003, 06:40 AM
Good Morning all!!

Day 2 went much better for me. Not hungry at all. Weighed myself this AM and I am down 1 lb. Now if I can lose .5 a lb. a day that would be great.

Must get ready for work.

Have a great day:)

twodogmom
07-30-2003, 06:43 AM
Good Morning Beach Beauties!!

I typed my post, and then did something (I don't know what!) and it disappeared!! So I'm going to try to recreate what I typed....and if another message from me shows up someplace weird, that's why. :?:

I'm so glad yesterday is over. My boss does not have the best people skills, and sometimes she doesn't treat people with the respect that they deserve. Well, yesterday it was my turn to be the target of her "skills". I was angry and upset with her, and my feelings were also hurt (I can tend to be overly sensitive sometimes). :( My usual response to such situations is to sit and ruminate while reaching for comfort food (sugar!) to try to make myself feel better (which of course it never does). But yesterday I took a 15 minute break and went for a walk around the parking lot (while still ruminating about it). While I was still upset with her, I did feel better about myself.:^:

I pulled out one of my new Pilates tapes last night, and watched it! :lol: My next step is to actually try it. :dizzy: It actually was really interesting, and I think once I get the hang of it I'll enjoy it.

Have a Great Day at the Beach girls!!

SandiLu
07-30-2003, 06:47 AM
Good Morning everyone! I'm expecting a great day at the Beach today. I weigh myself tomorrow and I don't want a couple of little screw-ups this week to get me. I actually turned down a Pepperidge Farm Cho/Macadamia Cookie yesterday:dizzy:
Well, it's 6:30 a.m. here..got to get my DD to Volleyball Camp and then sit around for some furniture to be delivered "somewhere between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m." Don't you love those exact times?!
Have a good one everybody:)
Sandi

ellis
07-30-2003, 06:53 AM
Good morning darlings!! :wave:

Coton, get in here! ;) You're doing SO well, hon... keep it up!!

Lady, you are a wonderful mentor to wake up to. :grouphug:

Ruth, good attitude change! Have fun at the lake, sweetie! :)

ZuzeQ, good luck on day 3! You're doing great! :lucky:

Hello to everyone on their way to the Beach. :wave:
Have a wonderful day... I'm off to make breakfast for a friend...
:grouphug:

sflake
07-30-2003, 07:43 AM
Morning all!

Well I finally stopped talking about exercise and did some...I took our dog "Reggie" for a 20 minute walk last night. We both had a blast!

Lady ~ Ditto on the great attitude! thanks for all your support. I have noticed that when we support others its hard to be so negative to yourself.

Ruth ~ Enjoy the lake!

Ellis ~ How nice of you to make breakfast, feel free to make mine anytime. hehehe

Sandilu ~ Good job with the cookie!

2Dog~ I do the same thing! I always watch the tapes first.

Zuze~ Way to go! Every pound adds up. Keep up the good work!

sflake
07-30-2003, 07:54 AM
BoBo~ You are the first person I've ever spoken to that knows were Hazlehurst is! I have family there but have not seen them in a few years. Have a great day you Georgia Peach!

2BFIT1
07-30-2003, 07:54 AM
Good morning ladies :wave:

Lady~~Thanks for always starting our day and thread with a positive and encouraging thought. :high:

LMC~~Good going on passing up all those bad snacks. You are in power now!!!

Ellis~~Enjoy your breakfast with your friend (and be good :lol: )

Sflake~~good going on the exercise :D

2Dog~~Watching is the first step....one step at a time :cp:

sandi~~Way to go tuning down the cookies:cookie:

SuzeQ~~Alittle at a time and it all adds up to a smaller you :bravo:

Ruth~~keep up the great attitude and enjoy your day :cool:

Today I have an appt for a hair color consult (want more high-lights, see the dentist about my teeth bleaching that I've been doing :D~ ready to go to the next concentration , and then go furniture shopping for the family room that we've been finishing. Please, don't rain today ::rain: :crossed:

Whimsey
07-30-2003, 08:39 AM
All I am going to do today is clean my house....it is a mess and I can't stand that....and I am out of artifical sweetener!! That is MAJOR!!! Have a good day beachers!! I have a busy day....would you believe no company coming this weekend??? YET!!

didi123
07-30-2003, 08:50 AM
Hi Chicksters...:cool:

I love getting into work and starting my day at the beach...
You guys are the best..:D :D
Today is day 10 for me....I've been doing really well, but I scale hopped and I'm not impressed...:mad: I've actually gained 1.5 lbs and I'm eating everything correctly. (hoping it water weight and I'll have a swoooshhhh...):crossed:

But I'm in this for life...so no stopping me...:smug:

Lady...you are very motivating and inspirational...thank you:high:

Ruth...Enjoy the day with the "girls" and send over some things from the garden when you have some stuff...:^:

ZuzeQ...Keep up the great work...you're doing great:dancer:

TwoDogMom...Good for you for taking a walk and not giving in to sugar...:high: Can't wait to hear about the pilates!!

Sandi... Pat on the back for turning down the cookie...They are my FAVORITE..

Ellis...Hope all is well...and I'll take a veggie omelet...

:lol:

Snflake....Congrats on the 20 min walk..feels so good..huh?
2BFIT....I love "me" days....love getting hair done and taking care of myself...good for you...

Hello to all newbies and anyone I might have missed...
The list is sooooo long....and it's GREAT!!!

Di

ariela
07-30-2003, 09:11 AM
Good morning Ladies!

my yesterday was alright.. I worked 2 hours and cam ehome with that darned migraine again... I am hoping its work related.

All I can do is keep on keepin on.. and pray that the fat keeps on gettin off!

gofishin50
07-30-2003, 09:11 AM
Good Morning to all u Beach Babes:wave:! Enjoyed reading all ur posts yesterday,some of u r a hoot and a hollar:cb: 2BFIT1~Thanks for ur help yesterday,went and got a book on computers for dummies yesterday:comp:,,I already typed my post for this a.m. and whip'd it out:dizzy:,,hope i figure it out today!! ELLIS AND WINDSONG~U girls must get up at the crack of dawn:yawn:,,ur post always make my day,, SANDILU~kudos on no cookies yesterday,lol on ur day to weigh:cp: NEWBIES~Great big welcome,,this board has been a great inspiration for me:balloons: TWODOGMOM~LIFE'S A BEACH AND THEN U RETIRE,never let ego maniac bosses lower ur self esteem,,if it wasnt for u they wldnt even have a job,haha:jig: ZUZEQ~Superior attitude,lol today:lucky: RUTHXXX~Fair days r ur past,bet they want sneek up on u again:s: SFLAKE~I finally started walking last week for exercise after sitting on my backside for a long long time,,it gets in ur blood once u start:bravo: I am starting wk2,ph1 today w/9lbs left behind to week 1:cp:,,Wow,I actually have ribs and hipbones!:smug: LOTS OF LUCK AND HAVE A BEACHIN DAY TODAY!!! GOFISHIN:dance:

gofishin50
07-30-2003, 09:14 AM
MY COMPUTER SKILLS STILL NEED A LITTLE TWEEKING:shrug:! GOFISHIN:dancer:

jackieO
07-30-2003, 09:36 AM
Good Morning to all the peeps on the beach!!! Well I have made it through two days and am beggining day 3. I do feel sea sick from the beach...a little light-headedness and headaches..I was feeling all smug thinking I would bypass that since I gave up sugar and refined carbs two years ago, but I guess not. When does it go away? I am still sticking to it though. Some of your stories have been inspirational and are helping me stay on track. Have a fab day!!!

gofishin50
07-30-2003, 09:38 AM
HOW DID I DO 2BFIT1?:yes: I FOUND THE EDIT BUTTON:comp: SLOWLY BUT SURELY..THIS DELL IS NOT GOING TO GET THE BETTER OF ME:wizard: GOFISHIN:dancer:

frannymae
07-30-2003, 09:51 AM
Glad to see so many cheery posts so early in the morning! I am getting ready to get my tired behind to bed...I work nights and had to work overtime this morning. At least is was only an hour, as it is usually 4!

I promised myself I would walk last night on my lunch break but just couldn't face the treadmill. But I did manage a nice, brisk 20 minute walk outside our building at 5am! It was so peaceful and quiet...really enjoyed myself. I work at a police department which has a park and outdoor ampitheather next door so the entire area is well lit and very safe. One of the officers brought in cappuchino for us dispatchers and I didn't turn it down :devil: But I ate fairly well all in all. This schedule really challenges my best intentions sometimes:(

Lady-It was so refreshing to see a positive post first thing! As for positive attitudes, you definately lead the way! :D

Ruth-Try not to be so hard on yourself. Just pretend you are giving one of us a pep talk...I know you would say nice, supportive things! :cp:

ZuzeQ-Congrats on your loss! .5 pounds a DAY? :dizzy: That sounds like an awful lot...just don't set yourself up for disappointment by setting unrealistic goals!

twodog-I am sorry to hear about your rotten day, but you handled it like a champ!:dancer: I have watched my Pilates tapes but haven't tried them yet...Let me know what you think!

SandiLu-Good for you turning down the cookie...unfortunately I wasn't as strong:strong:

Ellis-I love your quote!

sflake-WTG w/your walk...small steps, right? :cool:

sil-Gee, it sounds like you have a lot of "renovation" going on right now...not just the furniture, either! :D

Whimsey-good luck with your housework. Personally, I am waiting for the housework fairy to show up!:genie:

Di-now don't let the scale derail your progress...what does a hunk of gears and metal know, anyway?;)

ariela-don't give up...just give your body a chance to get used to your new routine! :spin:

GOFISHIN- Good luck with your computer "lessons"! And a huge CONGRATS on finding your hipbones and ribs! :cloud9: I remember when I rediscovered my collarbones...what a rush!

Here's hoping you all have a great day on the Beach...I'm off to bed!

Ellen

ellis
07-30-2003, 11:11 AM
Sflake, I would LOVE to make all of you breakfast. Hmmmm... I can't believe I just WROTE that! :lol: Okay, I'd like all of you to come over here and make ME breakfast! There... honesty. :D

Thank you, Ellen... I love yours, too! :) Cool... you're a dispatcher! Get the cops to buy you a treadmill so that you can walk while you talk. ;)

This is the time (while I'm chatting with you girls and reading your posts) that I discover the occasional hair sprouting on my chin or neck. What I really need is a make-up mirror beside my computer (one of those with BIG lights) and a pair of tweezers...

Jackie... your headache should be gone by tomorrow. Hang in there, hon!

Gofishin, you have HIPBONES!! Already!?! Woof! You go girl!! :)

Didi, don't get discouraged... it'll come off again. This is a whole new way of eating for us, and we're going to be FIT!! :yes:

Sil, we want before and after pictures, please. ;) Hope it stays sunny for you, hon!

Did I tell you that I bought myself 3 new bras the other day? I may be repeating myself.

I accidentally cheated at breakfast. I just was NOT paying attention to what I was putting in my mouth. The table was beautifully laid. Crystal and china and flowers and funky mismatched stuff. To start, I automatically poured myself some white grape juice (curses!). Then before I knew it I had a piece of cantelope in my mouth. Darn. And then about 10 grapes slipped down my throat. Oh, and I had a little cream in my coffee. :rolleyes: The omelet was WICKED, though. I don't care if you want to know or not, but you take 6 eggs and separate them. The whites must sit at room temperature for an hour. Then you beat them frantically with a little cream of tartar. Then beat the yolks with a little dry mustard. FOLD them together. Pour into an overproof pan. Cook for two minutes on top of stove, then stick it into the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Slip it onto a serving platter, fold it over, and drizzle with cheese sauce. It's supposed to serve 4.

didi123
07-30-2003, 11:24 AM
Ellis..
You crack me up!!!
That's all...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Di

gofishin50
07-30-2003, 11:30 AM
ELLIS...;) I get it:sssh:...ur bio shows nothing but u use crystal,china and have flowers on ur table for brkfast:chin:??? R u a rockstar hidding away in Canada??? About ur breakfast,:no:sounds yummy :drill:..About facial hair,,I get in the car and discover i often have a mustach,,why doesn't DH(who is always in my face)tell me these things :rolleyes: !! Have a nice day on the beach,,always love the humor in ur posts.............................GOFISHIN:dancer:

Laked
07-30-2003, 11:48 AM
Morning Chicks! I'm always so late! Tried getting on earlier but no luck!! (again) It's our day off and we had some running around errands to do this am. Movies for us this afternoon--Seabiskit (sp)! Let the smell of popcorn just dare to tempt me!!:lol: Great posting ladies- enjoy your openings Lady-and Zuze- off those scales, girl!!;) Ruth- You've worked so hard these past weeks- It's time to take a mental slowdown. Regroup and your SB act will come together. 2dog- isn't it terrible how we tend to use anger as an excuse to eat? All we do is hurt ourselves! The person we're taking it out on doesn't know or care one bit! :?: Congrats Sandy! To us a cookie turndown is a big deal!! Didi-that 1.5 gain will go away! Stick with it! Ariela & JackieO: Those headaches are most likely SBD detox related and usually disappear after the first 3-6 days! Have a great day everyone--I'll tune in again tonight!

ellis
07-30-2003, 11:48 AM
Okay, sweetie... I fixed it. JUST for you! :lol:
(are you kiddin'!? I had COMPANY for breakfast! heh heh.)
Yeah, I think our partners LIKE for us to walk around with a one-inch black hair growing out of our necks! :mad: We don't want to look TOO good!

sflake
07-30-2003, 11:58 AM
I can relate ........Its amazing ...I look in the mirror and nothing then the next day presto a 2 inch black hair ....... on my chinny chin chin no less.......yikes where did that come from?
How did it get soooo long overnight?

gofishin50
07-30-2003, 12:06 PM
Ellis...I knew it :lol: Rockstar turned writer:smoking: My cousin is Sandra Brown(best selling writer),,do u hang w/her for breakfast(hee,hee,hee):joker: ,,,Loved ur bio.................GOFISHIN:dancer:

dentrassi
07-30-2003, 12:22 PM
OOG!! Well Sil, you are going to be sorry you asked how I am, 'cause I had lots of bad news last night. First I found out our ex-next door neighbor had by-pass surgery and then developed a staph infection (among other things) and isn't doing too well. Nicest couple in the world, and they were like a third set of grandparents for my kids when we lived next door to them. I REALLY hope he pulls through......

Slightly better outcome on the second story. A friend of ours (in her 50s) fell and broke her hip. BUT DIDN'T REALIZE IT FOR 3 DAYS!!! She flew out of state to visit her mom, and wound up in emergency. They flew her back here on a Leer jet with a Physical Therapist, and she had surgery when she got back. She is making a REMARKABLE recovery i am glad to say!!! (Just hope that Blue Cross pays for the flight...the doctor ordered it!!!)

I am doing okay being back on phase 1, but I need to start EXERCISING!!!!!
Also, Ellis, YES! I need to get on an earlier schedule!!!!!

Woke up LATE again today (I think I'm turning into my 16 year old son!!) and I have a lot to do today, so HELLO!! to all of you at once!!!!!

SandiLu
07-30-2003, 03:06 PM
Ariela: I feel for you with those migraines. I had them for years starting as a teenager. They went away for a couple years in between my two kids, but after my son was born they came back worse. People who've never had one can't imagine how bad they are. My husband is a police officer..I used to tell him to hide his gun so I wouldn't shoot myself just to make the headache go away:mad:
Haven't had one in a couple months now. Maybe they are gone for good.

ellis
07-30-2003, 03:11 PM
Sandra Brown... too cool! :D

Den, I'm so sorry... hugs and prayers for you and your neighbour and his family. :(
And I'm very glad to hear that your friend is doing well. What a shock! How the heck could you NOT know your hip was broken!? Should we all be looking for broken bones...

Luv My Coton
07-30-2003, 06:51 PM
Lady...what a nice way to start a day. Thank you for that thought!It does feel good to feel like my younger self, actually a better self knowing I am taking the best care of myself for the first time in my life. And a Thank you to Dr. A:dance:

Ruth...Hang in there, you're on the right path now. You know this is the perfect program to be on when all you have to do is start P1 which isn't a bad thing. I find what helps me when out of the house and can't get home in time to have a main meal is to have my snacks with me at all times. It has really helped me when there is tempting foods around. I carry a cooler in my car with cheese sticks and pre-bagged pistatio nuts. I found a new sugar free gum called Ice Breaders Unleased, cinnafusion. The flavor lasts quite a while.

ZuzeQ...:cp: a pound is great, keep it up! I learned the hard way
not to weigh myself for at least a wk. I weigh myself at our grocery store. Last wk I went in and gained 2.5 pds. I was miserable, so when we left the store I jumped back on and it and I lost 1 pd. Go figure!!:dizzy:

2dog...The same thing happened to me with a message, I punched preview reply and it disapeared! I couldn't believe it? I could feel your pain with your boss, some people can be so insencitive(sp?) We could all learn by your example. Way to go!
:bravo:

SandiLu...Great job on passing up the cookie:high:

Ellis...Your so supportive:D How was lunch?

sflake...way to go on your walk! It's great having a dog to motivate us to MOVE! My little Antonio likes to stop and sniff, so I pretty much drag him along!

2bfit...How did your day turn out, it's great that your doing things to make you feel good about yourself.

whimsey...I hope you didn't kill yourself cleaning, can you do mine?LOL.

Di...You sound like me!! Scale hoping, eating right, and drinking all my water!! I look and feel great so I know it's working and it is for life for me too!

Ariela...I use to have migrains too and they are unbelievably painful! I hope it will stop for you!

Gofishin...9pds:bravo:

jackieO...Your headaches and dizziness will go away, mine did.

Ellen...It is beautiful at that time of the morning. Good going on your walking.:cp:

Ellis...Are you sure.. it was an accident this morning?:drill:

Lake...I can't get on early either, so I have to write a novel every time!

Dentrassi...I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor, I'll pray for a turn around!!:goodvibes I'm happy for you about your friend, I guess she didn't want to miss out on visiting her mom!

I had a great day, stayed OP with no trouble. Worked out this afternoon, add a few new exercises to my program. I can actually feel my ribs!:strong: Have a great night to all

dentrassi
07-30-2003, 08:35 PM
Coton-Good idea keeping a cooler in your car!! I have a lot of running around to do tomorrow, and I think i am going to do that too!! It is SO cool that you can feel your ribs!! Hope I can too one day soon!!!

Ellis-The doctor said she must have a VERY high tolerance for pain!! Probably all the running up and down the stairs the day she left was the final straw. It had separated, and at first they wanted to do the surgery right then and there, but they decided she'd be better off getting it done at home!! She is already walking around with a walker, and DH will probably carpool with her when classes start. (She was actually planning on driving herself!! We put a stop to THAT!!! (I HOPE!!)

2dog-Your boss sounds like a bully. Hope today was better!!!

sflake-YUP! Or I pluck them all and then find a new patch somewhere else the next day. ARE THEY MOVING?

Thanks for all the good wishes and prayers!!

Texas Girl
07-30-2003, 08:36 PM
Ha ha you girls are hilarious! I know its night time but this is the first chance I have to read up!

Jackie-I to had a headache the first three days and it was no fun but after that they were gone. Hang in there and do not give up! I feel so good and have so much energy doing this! I hardly even think of food anymore.
TwoDog-I felt your pain reading your script. Iam so glad that you loved yourself enough to go for a walk! Usually i punish myself with sugar to ! What a strong lady you are!! I also have a woman for a boss that is a perfectionist and doesnt always say the nicest things.

SO SO PROUD OF YOU! :)

ellis
07-30-2003, 09:33 PM
My gosh, Den... I thought you meant she had the surgery at her HOUSE! :lol:
I was in Rona this evening (like Home Depot, only Canadian) and my hip was hurting. I thought, "That's it! I've broken my hip and didn't even KNOW it!" :D

My sympathies to those of you with migraines... I get them, too. Not as often as I used to, thankfully. It feels like the top of your head is going to come off. :cry:

Coton, that gum sounds divine! I must look for it...
Lunch... LUNCH!! Oh my gosh... there was leftover French stick from breakfast. I ate a TON of it slathered with butter. Plus 2 small high-fibre muffins that my friend brought over. (I TOLD her not to bring any bread products, damnit!)

What a day... :mad:
Back to Phase I tomorrow... a fresh start! :rolleyes:

Hey, I bought myself a circular saw this evening! If I don't come back, it's because I've cut one of my arms off...

bradydave
07-30-2003, 09:49 PM
Hi Girls...we don't have any boys, right?

I am so inspired by everyone's successes today. Keep truckin' ladies.

I'm at Day 6, Phase I. I'm down 4 lbs. AND this is the first day of my visit from Aunt Flo. Very exciting. Can't wait to weigh next Monday!

Oh...Sunkist inspired me to add a picture. That's me and my pup Tucker. That's the best I can do right now. Looking through my pics, I don't have many of me. Tons of my son and the dog and my husband. But not many of me. I guess I'm always the one taking the pictures!!

:dizzy: