Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 07:11 AM   #1  

Default IP Community Weekend Chat Sat 9/20 - Sun 9/21/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-20-2014, 09:11 AM   #2  

Height: 5'2 1/2

Hello all!

I know, I'm probably over thinking this but on average I lose 1lb a week. Should this be a cause for alarm? I follow 100 % OP with no cheats. Maybe it's just my body and I have to accept it but it can be frustrating wishing that I would lose at least 1.5 a week. Sorry for the rant!!! Anyone else experience slow weight loss? I know at least I'm losing! Thats the plus!!!

Have a great weekend!
Old 09-20-2014, 10:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

WI this morning: 1.3 loss this week so officially 50 lbs lost. You would think that measuring myself for the inches would be consistent as I use freckles to make sure I measure in the same place each week, but lately I seem to get a different number every week. Today the numbers were bigger in some places than they were last week. I noticed very saggy skin areas on my thighs and bat wings this morning. Hoping that evens out after a while. But overall, a downward trend. A total of 30 inches lost over the areas I measure. Started out in a size 16/18 pants & XL tops and now wearing some 10's & 12's and medium tops. I couldn't be happier with my progress.

intotheevening: In my experience some weeks will be smaller than others, sometimes with no loss of pounds at all but inches lost that week instead. You may go for several weeks with a pound or less loss and then boom...2-3 in one week. Around here that's called a "whoosh". As long as the scale moves downward and you are 100% OP, let the diet do the work for you. Patience is the key.

I'm off to my first ever sock knitting class today. I'm pretty excited about it. Happy weekend everyone!
Old 09-20-2014, 10:40 AM   #4  
I'm a loser!

S/C/G: 320/279.7/200

Height: 5'7"

There are days when you feel like giving up, and then.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10698399_10202519795376446_6323777048918883429_n.jpg (44.8 KB, 63 views)
Old 09-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post
Hello all!

I know, I'm probably over thinking this but on average I lose 1lb a week. Should this be a cause for alarm? I follow 100 % OP with no cheats. Maybe it's just my body and I have to accept it but it can be frustrating wishing that I would lose at least 1.5 a week. Sorry for the rant!!! Anyone else experience slow weight loss? I know at least I'm losing! Thats the plus!!!

Have a great weekend!
You are doing fine. Just keep on following the program. The losses really slowed down for me in the 170 and 160s. The body goes on it's own pace. Congratulations on your success so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
WI this morning: 1.3 loss this week so officially 50 lbs lost. You would think that measuring myself for the inches would be consistent as I use freckles to make sure I measure in the same place each week, but lately I seem to get a different number every week. Today the numbers were bigger in some places than they were last week. I noticed very saggy skin areas on my thighs and bat wings this morning. Hoping that evens out after a while. But overall, a downward trend. A total of 30 inches lost over the areas I measure. Started out in a size 16/18 pants & XL tops and now wearing some 10's & 12's and medium tops. I couldn't be happier with my progress.

intotheevening: In my experience some weeks will be smaller than others, sometimes with no loss of pounds at all but inches lost that week instead. You may go for several weeks with a pound or less loss and then boom...2-3 in one week. Around here that's called a "whoosh". As long as the scale moves downward and you are 100% OP, let the diet do the work for you. Patience is the key.

I'm off to my first ever sock knitting class today. I'm pretty excited about it. Happy weekend everyone!
Catlady! 50 pounds gone forever! Have fun at your class today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanadams View Post
Looking fantastic! Such great progress.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:38 AM   #6  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Restarting my first attempted reboot 9/23/14! I hate Mondays and Monday starts of anything, and I'll be out of town hence the Tuesday start date. I'm looking forward to this reboot! I've gain some pounds back but not worried at all because I know this works! Going for the gold instead of the silver this time! Thanks ladies for your motivation, ideas, recipes and advice! I'll try to post mine as well when I can so I can contribute back what I take away. YAY! looking forward to starting!
Old 09-20-2014, 11:51 AM   #7  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post

Catlady, I learned to knit just so I could make socks I've gotten into shawls more lately. Congratulations on 50 lbs, that's a great milestone. I have the loose skin as well. I believe the losses thru IP are too fast for the skin to keep up, so it will get worse before I have hopes of it getting any better. To be honest at my size and age, I don't expect any miracles with skin absorbing - but I can hope I won't think about any skin modifications until I've maintained at least 16 months after goal - if then.

Intotheevening - Hang in there (it sounds like you are and you have a great attitude), good for you. It happens sometimes. You are doing great! I am hoping the whoosh fairy finds you soon.

Quote:
Imanadams - you look fabulous! Thanks for the inspiring photo.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:55 PM   #8  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Imanadams: you look fantastic!

I had a dream that I ate a salami grinder. Lol. It seemed so real and I was so mad at myself until I woke up and realized it was just a dream. Has anyone else dreamed about food or am I the only nutcase? Lol It happened only once before a few days after I started IP.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:04 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/196.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Catlady, congrats on the 50 lbs - what a milestone! Sock knitting sounds fun and right in time for cooler weather.

Imanadams, thanks for sharing your beautiful pics! Keep up the awesome work!

Nat1015, I have food dreams sometimes too - usually the carby things that aren't allowed on P1! Only in our dreams, right?!
Old 09-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #10  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

IntheEvening As your body gets closer to it's "comfortably normal" range the loss will slow. Don't let it bother you, as you're compliant. It will go in its own time!

Imanadams Wow girl, you look amazing. Well done and keep it up!

catlady1981 50lbs gone already, what an achievement. Congratulations!

caressme Yay, a fellow Tuesday weigh-in buddy! We've got this!

nat1015 My husband says that I chew in my sleep, but I never remember anything other than the odd fragment and certainly never enjoying the dream food.

Now that I'm into week 4 I've started up walking. I have a naturally fast pace but I know I'm not supposed to break into cardio territory, so I'm deliberately going as slow as I can without getting bored. People must think I'm crazy as I talk to myself when I walk.

Weather is beautiful here in El Paso at the moment. A neat 72 with some decent humidity. It makes a difference between having a dry mouth and not.

Hope everyone's having a positive day, making good choices with food and being kind to themselves.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to ask if anyone has a recipe that can use the absolutely disgusting Lemon Tea Drink mix?

Last edited by Briael; 09-20-2014 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:01 PM   #11  

Are the samples that go out from Nashua the same for everyone? I got my order today and the customary 2 samples were included but no slip of paper. I got health wise pizza crunch protein chips and a protein bar that just says caramel nut. Any ideas what brand? Or has anyone gotten a recent order with the same samples and a slip saying what they are? Lol.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:07 PM   #12  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Looking spectacular, Imanadams!!!!
Old 09-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
Are the samples that go out from Nashua the same for everyone? I got my order today and the customary 2 samples were included but no slip of paper. I got health wise pizza crunch protein chips and a protein bar that just says caramel nut. Any ideas what brand? Or has anyone gotten a recent order with the same samples and a slip saying what they are? Lol.
I actually sent a request and asked them one time. I got the pizza chips too but I got a drink mix
Old 09-20-2014, 02:16 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I actually sent a request and asked them one time. I got the pizza chips too but I got a drink mix
Okay thanks

I'll have to ask them. I like to check the stats before I try them.

I also got all my syntax nectar samples. I'm so excited, I want to try them all RIGHT NOW. Lol.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:22 PM   #15  
I'm a loser!

S/C/G: 320/279.7/200

Height: 5'7"

Thanks everyone, and more importantly... I feel amazing!
Closed Thread