Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-18-2014, 05:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/226/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Starting Again!

Hello all. I am Dawn. I am 34 (in about a week). I have been struggling for the past four years with my weight, after having two children. I am new to this site, as I typically use the MFP forums for support. When I am on track, I use MFP, my fitbit one, aria scale & clean eating. I jumped back on board two days ago and already lost two pounds. I was doing great back in March of this year when my daughter was two months old. Between March and May I lost 22, so my theory that I simply cannot lost weight is nothing more than an excuse to abuse myself and food.

I am a recovering addict who, apparently, has transferred her addiction to food. I have been sober for several years now, and here I am with one more demon to fight. But I am a dragon slayer and I know I can to it. That's one thing I can say about myself, when enough is enough, I can and have done amazing things.

I am going to put it all out there in hopes that this rings true with someone else and to have a post to look back on down the road when I am feeling weak.

I am tired of the binges
I am tired of my six year old eating poorly bc he sees me do it
I am tired of wearing crappy clothes and never looking nice
I am tired of going in to a store and they only go up to size 16 and it is too small (happened for the first time last week, curse you Calvin Klein and gap)
I am tired of feeling like crap after I have filled myself with food that makes me feel sick and then doing it over again
I am tired of always being self conscious of my stomach
I am tired of running every time someone pulls out a camera to take a picture
I am tired of my knees and feet hurting when I am on them all day
I am tired of finding stupid reasons to turn my husband down for intimacy bc I don't want to see myself
I am tired of procrastinating taking a shower bc I will hVe to see and touch myself naked

I am just TIRED!
And I am ready to start chipping away at this.
It took me three years to get this way, so I am not going to expect this to be done overnight. But I will make small progress daily.

Wish me luck...Please!

*If you are interested in clean eating or low sugar diets, I suggest reading This is Why You're Fat by Jackie Warner & The Eat Clean Diet Recharged by Tosca Reno*
TurboDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:18 AM   #2  
Getting back on track!

S/C/G: 174/172/145

Height: 5'5

Good luck! I am starting over for the last time so I can understand what you're going through. Hang in there!
psychedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 85/85/55

Height: 170

Hello and welcome to the forum! I understand you so well(( I also have been starting many times;-) The longest period i was "a good girl" is around 2 months here on the forum. I had long and bad vacation and forgot about my diet(( But today i am coming back and starting all over again with the help of this forum! Will be glad to make friends and support each other;-) Best of luck to you!
Gingerjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/226/140

Height: 5'5"

Thank you ladies so much. I really appreciate the support! Today is day three and the sugar withdrawal headaches and nearly unbearable but I know they should be gone tomorrow or shortly there after. I look at it as progress, and my body cleaning up!

Good luck to both of you as well!
TurboDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 01:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 232/227/187

Height: 5'6"

Welcome and Keep it up... We are going to make it
withuashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 280/280/160

Height: 5,6"

I'm new too- good luck. I feel like I have started this journey a hundred times. This is the first time I have reached out for support though. I'm not sure what plan I am going to use but I am here and will support you.
Beth1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 302/294/160

Height: 170 cm

Support! I really, truly feel like that's one of the biggest hurdles in any healthy life goal, no matter what that goal happens to be. I have a really hard time with this one. I often 'give up' on plans, goals and the like because I just feel so alone, or different.

Get involved and make it a daily thing. Being encouraged by like-minded people can make all the difference, i think!
Bardess is offline   Reply With Quote