South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 03:47 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Monday, Monday...SBD Beach Chat, Sept 15

Good Morning

Yes, it's another Monday and the middle of the month, which it's hard to believe. I went to bed early so I decided to get up and mill around for a bit since I head to work early today. Quilting, chores and paperwork...that's my agenda. Tomorrow morning we head into a rental to discover what we need to do to get the place renter ready. I don't like surprises. lol

What's on your agenda today? Stop and say hi
Old 09-15-2014, 05:59 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

We are off to the ocean hoping to see whales! Makes for a lot of driving this weekend but nice little getaway in the middle of crazy work time.

H Xan! Nice to see you around here again I'll make my way to your challenges thread later but, yeah, I have them. I regained about 40 of my almost 100 lb loss and just can't seem to shift that regain. Menopause does not help.

Not sure I'll have time to get back later with tomatoes and peppers waiting for me when I get home but I will be back tomorrow morning.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Debbie! Hope you enjoyed your morning before work. I agree, I can't believe how fast time is going (darned it, momma was right!).

The weekend went too fast as well - I need one more day off! Yesterday I made a big pot of ham and bean soup for bible study, and then a pot of sweet potato, carrot, apple and red lentil soup for my lunches this week. It is delish! Find it over in the recipe section .

Work is on the agenda as always. My colleague isn't due for 3 more weeks, but there's no way she'll make it that long, at least physically! (I look back and worked easily til 41 weeks and had a 9 1/2 lb baby! It's amazing how different it is for everyone...) She's mostly vegetarian, so I did make a double batch of that soup, and have two freezer bags for her for her leave (never mind some chocolate ).

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
Old 09-15-2014, 06:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oooohhh, Cyndi, I hope you see some! Show us pictures!

I'm having issues with you and Xan. I'm about to my starting weight from last time, and it barely is a budgin'. I'm not running though, which doesn't help!
Old 09-15-2014, 06:11 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning guys, so nice to see everyone up and at 'em before me. With it being so dark it feels very isolating to be awake this early. I'm on the second week of my 5:30 wake up drill; this morning I got up and put a load of laundry in downstairs. Before leaving this am I hope to complete the laundry, pack lunches, dust and clean the kitchen and swish and swipe the bathroom. Plus shower. We have to leave at 7:45 - think I can do it?

AF arrived today, 20 days after she came to visit in August. My cycle is getting shorter and shorter. I started using progesterone cream a couple of months ago and I wonder if this has anything to do with it. Or perhaps the perimenopause that's been lingering around under the surface is now speeding up - if that's the case I don't care, anything to get this transition over with! I will not miss AF and if there's mourning for my youth to be done I'll do that separately.

Doing Phase 1 today - it seems to work for me to do Phase 1 during the week and let up a bit on the weekends. Having the beans certainly helps.

On the plate for today: just work, finishing my "weekly home blessing" and a little more intense cleaning in the living room. I'm loosely following Flylady's weekly schedule. Oh - Ruth - about Getting Things Done - you may find the book a little overwhelming; many do - there are lots of "cheat sheets" on line and good articles that explain the system well. Let me know if you'd like some links (or anyone else who is interested in GTD).
Old 09-15-2014, 06:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Beachies! I'm back after a wonderful week in Cape Cod, and it sure was hard to get up this morning. Especially with it still being so dark at 5:45! This summer sped by so fast!
Food-wise, I didn't do too bad, but there was wine every night. The highlight the week was going whale-watching and spotting 11 whales! I hope you are as lucky today, Cyndi.

I'm sure I've missed a lot and have to find time tonight to read back and catch up with all of you.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:46 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Monday Morning, Keeners. I managed to sleep to 6 this morning so I'm up but not "at 'em" yet. Do have coffee though.

Lexis, I don't like surprises another, particularly bad ones. Not fond of good surprises either - my sister says I like the anticipation.

Cyndi, where to you go the whale watch? I love those huge mammals and we saw lots of them when we did our St Lawrence cruise both in the Saguenay and out in the Gulf going to Newfoundland.

Tammy, that soup sounds great. I never thought of apple in soup but will try it. I have a honkin' big bowl of chicken stock and may do something with that later today.

Mathilda, thanks for the heads up on the GTD book. I got a notice this morning that it is on its way from Toronto. Thanks for the cheat sheet reminder. I doubt that I'll find the book as overwhelming as my chaotic life has been all summer.

Survived the power outage yesterday morning and puttered around in my quilt stashes doing some planning - and discovering no less than seven quilt kits (with fabric) that have not even been opened! I'll have to live well into my hundreds to get them all even started. Did find a baby quilt package that I will do up for a we third cousin to be born in January! "Works well only under pressure."

I have a Mill Board meeting this morning NOT in the Town Hall. It is just too darned cold to be there unless you are moving around. The meeting will be mainly about the Thanksgiving Weekend (Saturday only) Festival. I have let everyone know that I will be there only first thing in the morning since I am off for Turkey that afternoon and "No, I will not demonstrate the corn sheller or apple press." I will bake for the bake sale but will do that in advance.

Just realized I'm cold. I need to get into the winter routine of turning up the heat before I make my coffee. It sure doesn't feel like alleged "summer" these mornings! Crabbing about weather is a sign of old age, so just stop it!

On we go with Monday, whatever it brings.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:47 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning!!

Matilda, I am always interested in getting things done, maybe I will take a glance at the system. And yes, we are full on in the dark season. For me I have to wake up and turn on the lights so I know it is morning.

Cyndi, hope you see some! I've been on a couple of whale watches. The most exciting one was on a tiny boat off the coast of Cape Breton. Have fun!

Debbie, you could give me some advice on getting so much done so early! Getting out of the house dressed and carrying a lunch is about what I manage.

And I think we all can relate to Xan's thread. Challenges indeed. Like the pounds I gained this summer that are being stubborn.

Ok, have to go. Have a great day, all!
Old 09-15-2014, 07:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Crab on Ruth I'm with you. Last night I debated turning on the fireplace, but need to really clean it first. For crying out loud it is only September! I opted for Jammie's, fuzzy robe, socks and a blanket. That made me sleepy and turned in at 9.

Cyndi hope you see some whales.

Welcome back Linda we missed you.

Matilda AF makes two appearances a month for me too. I keep telling myself maybe it's a sign she will leave permanently lol. Although my dr says I am in perimenopause which could last for 7 years before real menopause. All these hormone changes does affect my weight. I am up and down all month. However I am stronger dealing with it. Usually I would just give up. Now I see this is my normal for now. I keep on trucking because despite the yo yo numbers, I still feel great and my clothes fit. I'll stabilize again

Tammy I wished I worked with you. it is really nice of you taking care of your colleague. I got you beat though, my DS weighed in at 10lbs 3oz. I delivered a three month old lol.

Well time to divvy up my chili and Mexican casserole for the freezer, me, Joe and my dear friend Ed. Going to Ed's for "girl talk" He loves my chili and since I made a ginormous batch I am more then happy to share. Joe and I will have it for dinner. I do need to go to my favorite farm stand for veggies and apples today. I do love fall
Old 09-15-2014, 07:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning Beth you snuck in on me
Old 09-15-2014, 08:13 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Debbie - I know someone looking for a place to live in Breckenridge if you know of one.

Cyndi - Happy whale watching.

Tammy - thanks for sharing the recipe.

Matilda and Jennifer - I'm ready to be done with AF too. Was told I was (based on my hormone levels), but then after half a year without her, she cheeped up on me again. I hate the unpredictability now. Worst for me though is the belly fat!

Linda - Sounds like a great time. Welcome back.

Ruth - Winter! Thanksgiving! Time flies.

Beth - I don't feel productive in the mornings either, but probably because I get caught up here and online.

I'm at the gym this morning then working this afternoon. The hike did make my hip ache some but I've decided to live with that and take the risk that it is doing long-term damage over not hiking again. I'm trying to remember to keep at my physical therapy exercises a few times a week. Did I tell you that apparently my glutes weren't firing properly

Enjoy your day.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:21 AM   #12  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning everyone! I'm at school and won't have time to post until later this afternoon, but just wanted to say hello.

Cyndi, thanks for the welcome. We'll get that UNwelcome weight off!
Old 09-15-2014, 09:24 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning

Quick fly by for me, I will have to check out the challenge thread because I most certainly have challenges

I did power wash the house yesterday, didn't get to the very top of the house (24 ft up) but that part is not really dirty so it worked out well.

Matilda I may have to check that book out.

Alright gotta run meetings all day long. Have a great one everyone!
Closed Thread