Old 09-13-2014, 07:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 248/232/170

Height: 5'6"

Default New IP Dieter Looking for Diet Buddy(ies)

I have been on IP for one month now. Looking for possibly a veteran IP for encouragement, support, ideas suggestions, and tips. I am committed but I do get discouraged.
BJ24_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:24 PM   #2  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Looks like we're at a similar weight, BJ24_7. I may not be an IP veteran, but I did lose 60lbs the calorie counting and exercise route, before I allowed myself to become complacent and put it all back on!

I think we all get discouraged when we see that we are at the start of the journey, but if we keep on following the plan and aren't afraid to get back on if we fall off, we WILL get there!
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:54 PM   #3  
Stanski

S/C/G: 152/144/130

Height: 5'4"

When ever I get discouraged I get on this site and see the strength of you all, and it makes me focus again. I/WE can do this!!!!!!!!!! And, we can maintain this loss (actually this is my biggest fear, now that I've lost over 20lbs, can I keep it off during maintenance ....I think it's going to be 100% IP for the rest of my life)
Stanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:59 PM   #4  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanski View Post
When ever I get discouraged I get on this site and see the strength of you all, and it makes me focus again. I/WE can do this!!!!!!!!!! And, we can maintain this loss (actually this is my biggest fear, now that I've lost over 20lbs, can I keep it off during maintenance ....I think it's going to be 100% IP for the rest of my life)
There are so many people here who have lost phenomenal amounts of weight and when I read their historic posts throughout their journey they are truly inspiring.

I love that they have stuck around to help those of us new to the IP/alternatives way of life with the start of our path to healthier lifestyles.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:36 PM   #5  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ24_7 View Post
I have been on IP for one month now. Looking for possibly a veteran IP for encouragement, support, ideas suggestions, and tips. I am committed but I do get discouraged.
I started at a similar weight to you and never thought it would fly by, but it has. If you get discouraged, get on the daily chat. It is the fastest place to get almost instant encouragement.

My biggest struggle with IP was the feeling of being alone without someone sharing my journey along beside me or going to a meeting. Reading on 3FC became my biggest support and I think was very important in the success I have had.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 07:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

I'll gladly be a buddie. I did IP 2 yrs ago and lost 80 pounds. I hit a plateau and had to jump off the plan for two weeks to restart my body and I never jumped back on. I have since gained all my weight back because of my stupidity! I tried jumping back on the wagon in Jan., but my heart and mind were not in working together. I think I am in the right frame of mind this time. Are you doing strictly IP or Alternative? I'm an alternative girl, easier on the wallet.
rissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 07:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back Riss!
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 216/203/180

Height: 5'8"

This is my third kick at the can. Two years ago, I lost 30lbs but had to stop because I could no longer afford it. I have put all of the weight back on and then some. I did two weeks in November and lost 9lbs, but stopped because it was too close to Christmas. I will be celebrating my 50th birthday in February and I want to be down to my goal weight by then. The love and support is awesome at this site and I am hoping to find some buddies to help me do this!
vzubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 11:35 AM   #9  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

The nice thing about this site is it gives you lots and lots of buddies! You will not find a more supportive, encouraging group of people anywhere else - I could not have lost the weight and learned (still learning!) how to maintain without all the strength and support (and butt-kicking when needed) from all the wonderful people on this board.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote