Old 09-12-2014, 06:11 PM   #1  
chirp

S/C/G: 186/176/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default What to do when not hungry??

I'm only on day 4, and I'm just not hungry.

I've had three packets, plus a salad with some veggies and maybe a cup of protein for lunch. I'm just not hungry. The thought of a bunch of veggies and meat just isn't appealing. Thought of doing another shake (I can have up to 5 packets this week, according to my coach) with a bunch of spinach thrown in.

Wasn't super hungry yesterday evening, either?

I know this isn't maximizing my effectiveness by not eating what I'm supposed to -- what do you all recommend?
Chirp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:19 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirp View Post
I'm only on day 4, and I'm just not hungry.

I've had three packets, plus a salad with some veggies and maybe a cup of protein for lunch. I'm just not hungry. The thought of a bunch of veggies and meat just isn't appealing. Thought of doing another shake (I can have up to 5 packets this week, according to my coach) with a bunch of spinach thrown in.

Wasn't super hungry yesterday evening, either?

I know this isn't maximizing my effectiveness by not eating what I'm supposed to -- what do you all recommend?

Remember that lettuce is optional - instead of a salad, maybe just chop up 2 cups of veggies to eat by hand. You can also go for the less bulky veggies (spinach, mushrooms, tomato, etc) for a few days to give your digestive tract a break - you can also make purees to use as sauce or enhancers for the packet - you get your 2 cups but most of the bulk has been reduced (see the Fun With Veggie Purees thread in the FAQ Sticky!). Tuna/fish is going to be lighter than steak for your protein. The diet is super low calorie so you really can't skimp on any of the allowed regular foods - but maybe plan around some of the less bulky stuff for a little while and see if it helps.

Last edited by scorbett1103; 09-12-2014 at 06:19 PM.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:51 PM   #3  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Skipping one or two meals isn't going to cause any damage, at all. I'm basing this off my extensive research of fasting and the body can go 48 hours without any food no problem, at all.

Thus, in my opinion, if you're not hungry don't force yourself to eat. Enjoy the lack of hunger because it won't last.

The only ~danger~ (if you want to call it that) is that skipping a meal or two can cause you to become extremely hungry and result in going off plan.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 06:51 PM   #4  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

I was like that in the beginning but my body has gotten used to the program.

On my not hungry days, I would try to limit bulk and stick to drink packets for my snacks (and sometimes lunch).
nat1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

When not hungry, I don't add any lettuce, only have the 4 cups of veggies, and also I have the drink or gelatin IP products. Eat everything on the menu, don't leave out anything, this will eventually help you to keep on feeling not hungry (full) and stay 100% OP, you'll be less tempted to cheat. Good luck!
Ariel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186.8/139.8/141.0

Height: 5'3"

Maybe try splitting your meals up a bit more so you're not having 2 cups and veggies and 8 oz of raw protein in one sitting. Take a cup of your lunch veggies and have them at breakfast or a cup of your dinner veggies and have them with your before bed snack. I found that eating that much food in one sitting was very different from my pre-diet grazing habit. It might take a bit but I think you're stomach will settle into the diet plan soon.
takers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 12:23 PM   #7  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

The entire time I was on P1, I split my dinner protein into lunch (sometimes breakfast) and dinner. I also often skipped the 'extra' lettuce if not hungry. I found cooking my veggies helped when I was especially not hungry. A big tub of baby spinach was my got-to "not hungry" veggie because it is so mild tasting, not bulky and can be used as the base of a salad, cooked in an egg, or even wilted under meat. Don't forget to read the recipe threads and make your food deliscious! I got awfully sick of eating the same ol' thing!
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote