South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 05:30 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Work It Wednesday - September 10

Well, I am back to early wake-up time again and have decided to work it by cranking up the day early. (Beats crabbing about not being able to go back to sleep! I'll try hard to "twinkle" as Mathilda said yesterday.)

Right now I have cheese softening for desserts and chicken simmering for sandwiches. Yup, back into the catering business again. We are doing a lunch for 14 dear older ladies of the Women's Institute who will be visiting the Mill tomorrow. The age range is 85 to 95 and Marion (95) is the most spry of the bunch. It should be interesting. (Assorted sandwiches, cole slaw, pickles and my lemon cheesecake is the menu requested.)

Millie has just been confined to the kitchen for hysterical barking at that darned white cat who is sitting on the road under the light and staring at the house. It's obviously war and drives M. insane. I've tried closing the curtains but she's figured out how to shove them aside. Maybe I should paint the windows black.

Looks like another decent day is on today's menu. Jazz and I will be going to pet therapy this afternoon and it's always better on sunny days. The clients really react to the weather, I've found.

Hey, it's Hump Day! Raising my coffee mug in a toast to Wednesday.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:04 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

Raising my cup to you too Ruth. Even though it's the third day in a row of getting up early, don't think I'm jumping into doing anything productive right away...will work on that next week. For now, just satisfied with getting up and not snoozing the alarm. I do spend an hour or so with coffee online checking email and reading the NY Times (and posting here).

On tap for today is just work and then coming home and getting to sleep early. For some reason since I've been on Phase 1 for the last two days I haven't slept particularly well, who knows why. I've been enjoying keeping the evenings free to just cook dinner, read, and hang out with my son and not requiring anything else of myself. Now if I could just start accomplishing stuff in the mornings, I'd be good to go.

Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 09-10-2014, 06:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! It's quite a nice temp here this morning, the weather has been lovely.

Ruth, Mmmmmm lemon cheesecake sounds delish. I'd love to watch the luncheon! How did you get roped into being a caterer?!

Matilda - I like your plan for getting up early.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oops, hit the button on accident.

Anyway - my day off yesterday was good, except that my relief vet cancelled on me. I now will have no help while my doc is on maternity leave, which means no day off for me. *sob* Gratefully, I have a fantastic staff that I adore, and they'll help pull me through.

Today is work. My bible study has their kick off dinner tonight. Considering it's at a place called "the Greek", I assume I'll be having a greek salad . The other restaurant they own (the best breakfast place evah) has fantastic salads, so I expect this to be as well.

Have a great day!
Old 09-10-2014, 06:54 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey chicks! Wanted to stop in and say hi before I am off to "work it" Wednesday. Had a beautiful sunny day yesterday and hoping for a bit more today.

Matilda, it is so hard to get up in the dark but I think I am also getting back into the groove. At least there is currently no frost on the car to scrape.

Have a great day Ruth, Tammy and chicks to come!
Old 09-10-2014, 07:42 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Ruth! The luncheon with the ladies sounds fun and the menu...well Yum! I haven't made a cheesecake in ages. Happy pet therapy, too. I wish Bing was still active....

Tammy, too bad the relief didn't work out. I'm excited about your kitchen...wondering when it will be finished.

Matilda, I love getting everything done in the morning. I think you've got a great strategy working into it. Glad your DS likes the after school program.

Beth, hope work is smooth. I'm not looking forward to scraping ice, either.

Me, slept in (till 5) and thought I'd say hi before getting to chores. Today Bing has an appt with his cardiologist$$ and we'll do some other chores while we're down. My sis is returning to Glenwood late tonight with her vehicle so we'll travel....can't decide if later today or early in the morning tomorrow.
I've made so much progress with my quilt but am resisting it this morning. I successfully attached binding and now I'm hand sewing the back side. It takes a long time and I have other stuff today. I'm 1/2 way through, though.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-10-2014, 08:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning. Today I will catch up on things here before going to work tomorrow. I can't complain though as I am only working Thursday then off until next Thursday.

The pups are happy to have me home for much needed belly rubs. I treated myself to a Magic Bullet yesterday. My Ninga requires too much clean up for me on my work days. I am completely egged out!!!! So I can enjoy smoothies on my work days too.

The weather is lovely. Beth I too need to cut back plants and change my seasonal flags.

Hope to be back later for personals
Old 09-10-2014, 08:55 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Only got a couple of minutes before my 8 a.m. call so quick flyby for me, today is lot's of meetings.

Nothing on the agenda tonight other than helping DD2 with homework and making dinner.

Have a great Hump day everyone!
Old 09-10-2014, 09:48 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, Chicks.

I've got my annual mammogram today. Then I'm taking a senior friend to a doctor's appointment. I'm going to use the waiting room time to finally start Outlander. Anyone read it? My mom got me watching the series on TV and she has since purchased all the books for our shared Kindle account. DH is reading the first one, which cracks me up since it is "historical romance." And someone else brought it up yesterday as her favorite book ever. I haven't read much since I'm to engrossed in my genealogy research.

Yesterday's hike wasn't too bad on my hip but the 3 hours I spent at the mall made it ache. I did have success finding a top for the wedding. Okay - I bought 4! And all on sale. Then I went to my mom's to ask her which to keep Now I need to find some fun jewelry.

Have a great day.
Closed Thread