Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/300/200

Height: 5'9"

Default Back again, doing it this time.

Hello everyone, I would be considered a yo-yo dieter. I am constantly losing a bit of weight and then putting it back on, sometimes even more on. I am now at my highest weight and I hate it. I am 29 years old, I have 2 boys the age of 7 and 9. I have always had a weight problem. Around 6 years ago I was able to lose 40lbs and get down to a weight I was at in high school, felt great. I was still a bit heavy but not bad. Well I then put it all right back on, plus another 40-50lbs. So now here I am around 90lbs heavier, way out of shape, and miserable. It seems I am always out of breath over the littlest things, my job I stand all day so my feet kill me, and I just don't feel healthy at all. My biggest problem is soda. I have tried to kick the habit so many times, will go 2-3 weeks with just drinking water and actually feel great about it, but then I will slip up and drink a soda and it will be over. I will be back to only soda. My doctor has even told me with how much soda I drink, if I stopped drinking it and drank water I would lose 40lbs in 3 months, just by not drinking soda. Have I stopped drinking soda, no. My eating habits aren't the best either. I eat a lot of easy and fast to make foods. Also eat a good amount of fast food. Last time I lost the 40lbs I had someone there supporting me, he was doing it with me, so we talked about it, talked about what we have had to eat, what we are going to eat, things like that. And it helped greatly. So I am hoping to make some friends on this forum and to hopefully achieve my goal this time and to keep it off this time. I have used this forum before, and it has always seemed to help. But it has been a couple years since I have been this serious. So here I am again
Mamaof2lilboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/132/125 or 115? not sure

Height: 5'4" (on a good-hair day!)

Welcome back, Mamaof2! I know what you mean about soda - I have known people who lost weight just by cutting out soda, not doing anything else. But of course, that's easier to say than to do if you really like it. There's a 21-day Challenge here that you may consider.

Don't know if the virtual 3FC diet buddies can substitute for your in-person diet partner, but sure hope so!!!

Good luck to you!

Mountain Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 365/223/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! My weight loss history is rather dismal; been there, done that.
I don't know what turns it around, pain maybe. Whatever it is, latch on
and don't let go. We can do this!!

Michelle Friday is offline   Reply With Quote