Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-04-2014, 10:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/ 163.9/ 130

Height: 5 ft

Thumbs up My New Journey - Doing It On My Own

Hi everyone,

I'm not a newbie here, I've tried several "diets" etc. I'm back because I've started a new chapter of my life, my fiance' and I have moved into our new home, and finances are very tight right now. I was trying to follow weight watchers and I had a gym membership, but I had to stop both of those things due to financial reasons. The good news is now I have a lot more room in my own home to move around, (do exercise dvd's in my livingroom), and soon I will be putting a treadmill in my livingroom as well. I also live walking distance from a beautiful park and the heart of my town's village, so I can walk outside if the weather is nice.

I've decided that an actual eating program per se such as weight watchers is probably not for me, as I'm just not able to stick to it. My plan is to do it on my own. I will watch my portions, drink as much water as I can, stop eating all the fast food my fiance and I have been eating and start cooking healthier options. I also plan to exercise a whole lot more. I need to get myself motivated, as I've been very lazy lately.

I will start a thread below somewhere and keep posting with my progress.
Roldgold831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 01:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 365/223/165

Height: 5'6"

That's a great plan! kind of what I'm doing, too. Good health to us!

Last edited by Michelle Friday; 09-12-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Michelle Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #3  
Optifast User

S/C/G: 265/see tracker/150

Height: 5'3.5

Take "before" pictures

TRUST ME - - you will love it as you start taking "update" pictures every 8 weeks or so. You may not be able to see the results yourself looking in a mirror everyday, but you will definitely see the progress in the pictures.

And take honest pictures - don't suck it in!
nibog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 130/130/120

Height: 5'5.5"

Good for you and congratulations on taking charge of your health. If I may make a recommendation for home exercise DVDs, Julian Michaels has some good ones. It's also great that there's a park you can go to. Maybe taking a walk there can be a daily routine? As far as an eating plan goes, yes, they can be hard to follow. If you're doing it on your own, maybe make a weekly meal schedule and plan your shopping accordingly? I find that if I have a schedule, it's much easier to stick to healthier options.
Wishing you well on your journey!
chmia14 is offline   Reply With Quote