South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 05:19 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wednesday Chat Already? September 3

Spotted this in another post and snitched it. It looks like we are finally getting summer here in the Great White North with sunshine and temps in the high 80's - just when I had decided to put away the summer clothes!

Another very early wake-up - 3 a.m. this time. I fall asleep watching TV and should just go to bed earlier but feel I need to stay up for pooch potty at ten. I guess I really am getting enough sleep if you count the TV nap. I've decided to take advantage of the extra time by doing some cooking for the freezer. This morning it'll be chili-stuffed peppers with the gorgeous peppers from the garden. Hope they turn out - got the recipes from a diabetic site.

Cleaned out my car yesterday and realized the three new outside door mats in the trunk were bought way back in July! I've been using the car for hauling bread and groceries for the Cafe and they got missed. If I feel ambitious later, I may sweep off the porches and put out the mats. I also want to get some fall mums but that will involve a trip to town - been avoiding shopping until the back-to-school frenzy was over.

Anyhow, grab a coffee and lets chat a bit before Hump Day gets underway officially. Sunrise is around 6:30 these days up here. Why do the days get shorter faster than they get longer?
Old 09-03-2014, 06:14 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Ruth, thanks for getting us started this morning! I woke up early too, so I've been getting some things done around the house as well. So do you stuff the peppers and freeze them raw? Sounds like a wonderful dinner to pull out in the middle of the winter. LOL at the things we find in our cars.

I've been checking things off my procrastination list. I do my own taxes but the accountant for my mom's business lives right across the street. I finally made the call last week and set up an appointment to discuss what I needed to do to turn the little house into a rental tax wise. I won't have to do anything until the 2014 taxes so I can punch the button and send in my tax return and get about 1000 bucks back. My project helper is coming over today and we are going to seal up the front and back doors. I usually don't think about it until it's already freezing cold when we don't want to leave the doors open for hours. I've tired of having to stuff the doors with towels every winter. We are going to head over to Home Depot around 630 this morning to get our supplies.
I may leave Kirk and Pat to do their work today and head over to Boulder with my sister and mom. It's kind of a Wednesday thing and I could get some shopping done at the same time. Until then I'm going to get the house all spiffed up since I've been neglecting it while working on my quilt.

That's my day. The weather is sure holding up nicely.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-03-2014, 06:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

GOOD morning y'all! Ruth, I LOVE that sunshine! How cute is that?! This is hotter than it's been all summer! (and I didn't miss it...)

Lexiss, I think it's awesome that housework is being put off to do quilting .

Nothing too exciting today, I hope. I have a conference call lunch meeting in the middle of the day that's absolutely dreadful, but maybe my new colleague will keep me going .

I toasted a bunch of pecans last week for my salads, does that make them delightful! Today is grilled chicken (grilled it Monday) with apples and grilled pecans (and a bunch of other stuff too...). I'll try one of my own spaghetti squash tonight!
Old 09-03-2014, 06:40 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Debbie, I will cook the peppers before I freeze them since uncooked peppers don't freeze well. They are in the oven now and smell wonderful. Maybe I'll have one for breakfast!
Old 09-03-2014, 06:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Hump Day!

I'm glad you are finally enjoying some sunshine, Ruth! I hope your pepper recipe turns out well. Did you get the quinoa one I sent to you?

Debbie, I don't know about the recipe Ruth is trying, but when I make stuffed peppers, I bake them before freezing them. It sounds like you have a nice day planned.

It's looking like a routine Wednesday for me, and I should get home a bit early since the girls have Pony Club after school. I'm hoping to get some laundry done this evening, and need to start organizing things for my trip on Friday. I only have today and tomorrow to work, then I'm off for 10 days!
Old 09-03-2014, 06:50 AM   #6  

Good morning, Tammy! I hope your conference doesn't turn out to be as dreadful as you're anticipating!
Old 09-03-2014, 06:52 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning! Ruth, thanks for the sunshine! Last night's round of t-storms was almost welcome since the air had been so oppressive with humidity all day long. I vacuumed my car the other day and didn't find any treasure. What am I doing wrong?

Tammy, I told DH I want to grow spaghetti squash next year. We will have to enlarge the garden a bit to do it, though.

Debbie, hope your projects and tax stuff go smoothly today.

Cottage, a big vacation coming up!! I can't remember, are you traveling?

Ok, have to run. This going to work stuff is tedious...
Old 09-03-2014, 06:58 AM   #8  

Hi, Beth! I'm spending a week in Cape Cod with my SILs and some friends. Welcome back to the working world!
Old 09-03-2014, 07:22 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

Good morning guys,
One day until my life returns to normal, or as normal as possible - I think. DH goes to the dr. today to see if he can in fact return to work tomorrow. Neither of us want him to push it; but the disability allowance is practically nothing and we really can't go for longer with him not getting paid. However, if it takes 2 more days I would rather let him recover than tear the skin. We'll see. Our dr. is not one to prematurely release him, so we both trust him on that point.

Today is work and at lunch I have a meeting at church about an altar guild manual I am putting together. Then tonight it will be getting my son ready for school and going over the new house rules for the year (i.e. bedtimes, etc.). I'm still waiting to hear about whether he has gotten into an after school program I put him into a lottery for - it's free, so I hope so! Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:07 AM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

MsM, best wishes with the lottery! It would sure be nice. Keeping my fingers crossed for your DH getting back to work. ...glad you both trust your DR.

Beth, sorry about the work thing lol….still remembering how jealous I was of your summer break.

Tammy, wow! Great meal planning! I'm into raw nuts now, especially pecans. They are supposed to be a notch up health-wise and I love the taste and texture. Hope your call goes well.

Linda, how exciting to get packing for your trip!

I've showered and need to get dressed. My helper lady said she'd be ready at 7 but experience reminds me she'll probably call at 630 and say she's ready to rip. Pat is a neighbor and she helped us (actually took the lead) on our 6 month rental renovations. She should have her own tvshow….she's 68, does weightwatchers, and is a buff gal. In addition to teaching me to install toilets (and lots of other stuff) she is an accomplished dressmaker. After we discussed our project yesterday she looked at my quilt and gave me some really helpful pointers. It doesn't get much better than that!

OK, off to homedepot!
Old 09-03-2014, 08:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Debbie Pat sounds like a great friend You definitely don't need her motivation, but her guidance sounds awesome!

Ruth the recipe looks delish...I'm with Beth I vacuumed my car and didn't even find spare change. Lol I like how new mats look. I replaced mine before my mom came to visit in May.

Tammy good luck with the conference call
Mmckellen keeping my fingers crossed for DH and DS
Linda your vacation plans sound wonderful. I've never been to Cape Cod

Today will make three days in a row I have managed not to leave the house. Although since I broke my outside faucet, I may venture out later to get the car washed. It is pretty disgusting lol. Otherwise just more cooking and prepping to go back to work. I enjoyed being off, especially in this heat, but it is lonely here. I have been occupying my time with organization projects (next month I will tackle the file cabinet). At night I am struggling with grazing. Granted I've been by myself when my son used to go to his dad's. It is just different this time. I'll figure it out eventually.

Have a great day
Old 09-03-2014, 09:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Hiking hip report - since I was asked: I think it bothered me less on the hike but did ache a bit in the days following. I'm going to consider that an improvement. It was a gentle hike; I'd like to get back to where I was, but just don't know if that is smart based on what the doctor said.

Book club last night cracked me up because I was the ONLY person who read the book. Yet we have a book picked already for next time

I'm working this afternoon. DH is going to the baseball game tonight so I will probably catch up on some TV shows that only I watch.

Have a great day.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:07 AM   #13  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Ruth. This weather is wonderful. Nice to feed the freezer

Debbie. Your neighbour is a keeper

Tammy. I'm sure you will do great in the conference call

Linda. Your stay at cape cod sounds so nice. We went there for our honeymoon and have been back many times

Beth obviously you clean your car too often

Matilda. Good luck in the lottery. Hope dh knee is healed but if not better to wait a few days

Jen. You sound like your are using your t7me wisely

so dh has bronchitis. At least the timing is right. With antibiotics hope ly it will be over in 10 days. Last year I made tomato jam (everyone loved it)which is not sb friendly but I have to learn to live with it so today I'm making some. I presume I will be running around in thenext few days to tie up extras niggles
take care
Sophie
I remember joining this site when my dear grandson was 2, so now he is 7 and starting grade 2 in french immersion
Old 09-03-2014, 09:13 AM   #14  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Ruth sounds like you the east coast is getting some of the temps we had last week but not quite so bad. We are in the High 80's this week, I will take that over 100.

Debbie sounds like Pat is a great person to know and learn from.

Tywnn hope your conference call is not so bad

Cottage how fun to get away at the end of the summer perfect time with everyone else being back in school.

Beth I am sure it is hard to get back into going to work mode

Matilda I hope you win the lottery for after care and that DH is released to go back to work.

Jekel at least now you will be able to just stock healthy things to graze on.

Today is meetings and more work on my project. DH is going to call the claims adjuster today I normally handle but since it is his car he is going to need to met with adjuster and he knows his schedule better than I.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 09-03-2014, 08:54 PM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

trying, trying, trying to keep my head above water. I had to be in Burlington by 10 today and didn't get home until almost 7 so there's just no extra time. One more work day then a three day work-free weekend. I can't wait!
Closed Thread