Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 06:17 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily chat Tuesday 9/2/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-02-2014, 06:37 AM   #2  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

First day of school here in Ontario, Canada. September always feels like a "new year" to me. I had a good weekend even with company visiting. Was 99% for most of my IP journey, dropped to barely 90% for August. Committing to 100% for my final stretch.

Happy September everyone! Where did that summer go?
Old 09-02-2014, 07:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone....

Off to work this morning. Supposed to be a really hot day here today! Hopefully that is the last and fall set in soon...Love the fall...

Made Faux Vanilla Ice Cream yesterday for my snack..Yummy found it on one of the old threads I was reading thru. Called for chocolate, but I really dont like the vanilla packets (love the RTD Vanilla) so I figured it would be a good way to use it up.

1 Pkt Vanilla drink
1 1/2 cups crushed ice
1/2 -3/4 cup water ~ you need to judge...
some splenda and vanilla extract...
Felt like I was cheating...
Old 09-02-2014, 07:37 AM   #4  
chirp

S/C/G: 186/176/155

Height: 5' 8"

One week till my official start! Four days at home then off to Houston for a long weekend. Had been at beach all weekend and thought I did well with picking lower carb options and more veggies. But the scale was back up 2 pounds today. Sad. Being back at work will help things today, I hope. Until I get home and have to bake cookies as part of our annual first day of school snack. Sigh.

Have a great day!
Old 09-02-2014, 07:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Science Is On Our Side!

Looks like the science continues to support what we already know: low carb is way superior to low fat!

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/09/02...?_r=2&referrer
Old 09-02-2014, 07:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Oneuh2: I saw you post that you picked up the potato puree yesterday. I suggest making the "tortilla."

Tried it for the 1st time yesterday, it was great.

Just added an egg white and enough water for a slightly runny consistency. Sprayed a pan with non-stick spray and cooked until golden, flipped it and slid right out of the pan. Yummy!
Old 09-02-2014, 08:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Chirp: There are many, many reasons why the scale goes up.

Water retention, sodium, bowel movements, hormones, normal body fluctuations etc.

However, I bet being at the beach, in the sun/heat all weekend has you retaining water for sure. I know when I'm out in the sun for hours I do.

Drink more water today and carry on.

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 09-02-2014 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:33 AM   #8  
Liz S.

S/C/G: 172/ 172 / 125

Height: 5'2"

I haven't been back on in forever. I've been slacking BIG time. Ready to get back in it!
Old 09-02-2014, 08:45 AM   #9  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! Quiet day for me today at work, I think with kids going back to school today no one has time to come in for a massage therapy treatment. I embrace my slow days along with my busy days. I spent the whole day yesterday cleaning the house and working on some taxes, so today will be a take it easy kind of day.

Hope everyone has a great day! It feels so good to be back on track, and coming here for my RDA of 3fc!
Old 09-02-2014, 08:58 AM   #10  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Had my first 0 loss today at weekly WI, but lost 1/2 an inch in my waist. When I started I was a 42 inch waist, and now I'm at 34 1/2. We pulled the measure out to 42 inches just so I could see the difference. It's amazing I could even see my feet! I don't feel discouraged at all, I know this is all part of it. Maybe it'll be a big loss next week.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:45 AM   #11  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Happy Tuesday everyone,

Had a great Labor Day weekend. Drove to the coast to spend the weekend with my mom and Daughter. It was my daughters 29th birthday. We went out to a delicious steak house. I had filet mignon, don't know if I'm allowed that bu,t it was delicious. I had regular dressing and sauteed mushrooms. I won't allow myself to obsess over things like that. Other than that I am 100%. I would assume that is why my WI today was only 1 lb. It alright with me because I didn't have the birthday cake or the birthday banana cream pie. I have seen my daughter since April and my mom since maybe May so, it was a happy weekend for me. Hope everyone else had a great long weekend.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:58 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

The scale was not my friend today! Usually the clinic scale weighs .2 pounds less than my home scale, today it was almost a pound more! Was hoping to hit the 270's this week, but I'll take the pound I got.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:20 AM   #13  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

My bf told me last night that I need to stop losing. He doesn't think I need to lose more weight. I am not where I want to be. He thinks I have body dysmorphic problems.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:24 AM   #14  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Sue: I'm going to have to make the ice cream for my hubby. He was asking for a IP version of ice cream.

Honest question for my people in the more advanced IP phases. I'm 7lbs to goal and was planning on moving to phase 2 when I reach my goal. My husband has been plateauing for the past 3 weeks and was wondering if we moved to phase 2 now, 7lbs before my goal would that be problematic? I have a 1lb loss or so a week as a reference point. I guess I'm wondering if moving phases might shake it up for him and he will continue to lose. By the way, he's met his goal but, wanted to stay on the same phase as me for simplicity sake. Honest Thoughts?
Old 09-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #15  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Jemma:
Really?! I'm assuming you are continuing because you aren't where YOU want to be?
Closed Thread