Weight Loss Support - Time for Serious Fun #15

View Full Version : Time for Serious Fun #15

gma22
07-28-2003, 08:16 PM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #15

Welcome to Time for SERIOUS FUN…..We are a group of people trying to loose weight together and help each other along the way. There is only one rule on this thread, and it is if you are not willing to help yourself along the way or help others on this thread we don’t want to hear you WHINE everyday, we like to keep a positive attitude. Some whining is expected, lol, we are only human. Other than that we love to talk about every subject under the sun. Please feel free to pull up a chair and a keyboard and join us on our journey. Every day of the week we have a little beginning to the day to start us off, for example…..Monday would be Mission Monday……you have some sort of mission to complete in your life for that day or longer totally up to you. Faye is in charge of what day it is and what we are doing, so look for her post if you are interested.

gma22
07-28-2003, 08:24 PM
Debbie: you get a: :bravo: for your points yesterday. You are doing a great job!

Pam: Phooey on today. Pretty much EVERYONE stunk on points so don't worry about it, just do better tomorrow. You are doing spectacular overall btw.

Deon: I sent you a longggggggg e-mail and I hope it helps. We want you to come and visit with us and don't worry one bit about weight loss. You just come and talk out what is happening with you. We care about you and we will be here for you, I promise!

Looks like my trip next weekend may be going down the tubes. Long story but looks like my ds and bil have decided NOT to come because of money. This is the second time she has done this to me and I am pretty steamed about it. She gets me all excited about seeing her and than the next day or two says they aren't coming. She did that about my birthday party too. They were supposed to come to Chicago and they have cancelled. Oh well, stuff happens I guess. I still have my adorable husband to spend time with and that is all I need.

You guys be good and looks like I am going to make my 4 tomorrow, yippee!

Faye ;)

pjkdreamer
07-29-2003, 02:33 AM
Evening Ladies, or should I say morning! it is 12:07am! I like this time of night, all is quite and still and peaceful, dont see it often with my crazy wrk sch though.

You will all be glad to know rest of food was good today, I had a Sierra Roasted Turkey Sandwich from Quizno's under 7 grams of fat! figured my spaghetti fiasco more than made up for my fat grams today!! the sandwiches are good! you should try one if Quizno's is in your area, They only have 3 low fat sandwiches, but they are good, and a better alternative than the use to be:cbg: Double sized, supesized,biggie sized, however you choose to describe it, I didnt even really taste it, just inhaled it pretty much. and all the :jeno: man I could have a nice little sizeable savings acct with all that "dough", well ladies that is in "my other life", not going to dwell there, sometimes I have to :D, because it does put into perspective how much better I am doing now!! gives me the kick in the @*! I need to get back on track!!

Did any of you see the program tonight on Discovery Health Network called Obesity A Health Epidemic...I believe it is one in a series they are doing...it was very inspirational, and most informative. It follows stories of several folks from all walks of life, and talks about from wince they came and their shows their progress, try and catch it next time it is on, they usually run it several times. There is this man that weighed 1000 lbs, and he lives in a nursing home for the morbidly obese, he has lost down below 700 now, and is out of bed now. He has made remarkable progress, working with physical therapists, and doing some walking (assisted), said he is even playing a little basketball now from his wheelchair and can get in and out of a car for the first time now in a long time. you most likely could read about him on their website, not for sure, just a thought, They also followed story of a young girl who went to a summer camp for teens, and it she did well, participated in all kinds of activities, with peers who were also in her same situation, teaches them proper nutrition and gives them tools to use when they return home, they are successful while there, but does reiterate that some of them come back, do not have that controlled environment on the "outside", but the program has a high success rate for teens I learned, it is called "Camp Shane" if anyone is interested, or knows someone who may benefit, and lastly tonight on the program it followed a group of Pima Indians living in Arizona who have high rate of diabetes, over generations, and how one father is exercising, and making better food choices in hopes that he can pass healthier habits onto his children, the young people there have resigned themselves to the fact that they too will only have that way of life to look forward to, and finally of course the show discussed how our culture is proned to be overweight, programmed and inundated with fast food! fast this and that, instant gratification, the amt of $ we spend on it is astronomical and the irony is we spend billions of dollars on fitness!! go figure, anyway!!! guess you all can tell I got really into the show, hope you can see it sometime.

yes Faye on to tomorrow's pts!! another chance to do well!

To all the rest of you gals, stay
:strong:

sweet dreams :bubbles:

peekabooangel
07-29-2003, 09:00 AM
Yesterday I get points for OP, water was not good and exercise was well it was not there....better luck today. Baby steps back to this process you know.

Hope everyone is doing well, I will be back in a while when I have time to post...

Hugs,
PEEK

gma22
07-29-2003, 09:07 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and boy do I think we need this one! Let us target this week how we feel about food. Is it all about the love of food, do we hate it because of what it does to us, what are you true feelings about food? We need to look within ourselves and answer this question to be able to fix it!

Morning, sweeties! Looks like at least my dsl is out again don't know what's with that. I haven't turned on the television to see if it is working.

I GET A: :bravo: but barely. I heard it thundering this am but haven't seen any rain so I guess I will play the pool by ear and see what happens around 9 am.

Peek: You snucked in on me. YOU GET A: :high: for your points! Good for you. Work on it slowly, it will come!

For me food is total comfort though I am not a mad /sad eater. I clean when I am mad or sad! :lol: I don't hate the food. It is not its fault I put the wrong kinds or too much in my mouth. I use food to satisfy wayyyyyyy to much instead of finding other ways to satisfy myself. I need to work harder not to "head" eat. I am sitting here trying to honestly think about food and what draws me to it. Again, I am a head food eater a lot of the time. Not just that my head says I am hungry when I know I am not, but that commercials or anything visual along with even thinking about something like a dessert or pizza will head me to the fridge. I have to start working on breaking that cycle!

Check in later my chickadees

Faye:)

Mirabelly
07-29-2003, 09:46 AM
Mornin' Ladies!
Another bright sunny day in Maine. I woke up and it was 52 F outside! woo hooo.

Anyway, got all four points yesterday. I did have a frozen eggroll bec I had a friend over and we watched movies until wayyy too late at night. But since I was really under on the calories for the day, I didn't count it as cheating. Dance class was awesome last night! I finally have students trickling back in after being gone all summer.....it's like a reunion.

Faye: Keep pluggin' on that head hunger. I know my biggest problem is eating when I'm bored or when I'm procrastinating an unpleasant task. That's when having those frozen grapes really helps, I can graze on them all day and it's ok. There's gotta be other healthy snacks that you can keep around for such occasions. I never have told you how great I think your picture is! Every time I see it on the screen, it makes me smile!! I think you're awesome for how well you motivate and support all these strangers :bravo: :cp: :cp: :cp:

Hey Peek: Get out there and enjoy some of that great sea air! Take a walk on the beach. Hmmm, suddenly I'm craving lobster....it's still OP, really :^: , I don't eat it with butter, just lemon juice. So, it's healthy protein right?

Everyone else: One day at a time, eh? (I've been hanging out in Canada too much.) I'm :crossed: for lots and lots of points today! Don't worry about yesterday or tomorrow or even tonight, just focus on the present.

It dawned on me that I've never posted any "stats" of anykind. So, here goes.....Last Friday when I found all you lovelies, I was 243 pounds. My highest ever weight was 260. My goal is to hit the 160s. I wore a bikini when I was in the 160s, it's weird how my body stores weight cuz most charts say 160s is way fat, but not on me! Anyhooo, I've decided that I'd like to give myself a Christmas present and be below 200 by the end of the year. I think that's doable.

I feel so great the past few days that I really want to weigh myself, but I'm waiting until Friday....so I'll have had a solid week (hopefully) of eating cleanly and exercising. Thanks for all the chit chat.......I'm really glad I'm here.

Julie

gma22
07-29-2003, 10:17 AM
Julie: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points yesterday! Keep up the good work. I took that picture on my avatar in June. At the bottom is what I looked like on Christmas Eve. I AM NEVER EVER EVER EVER GOING BACK TO THAT AGAIN! I may struggle sometimes, but it is because I let myself get lazy. Oh and btw, I don't necessarily eat bad things when I have head issues, I just eat when I shouldn't. I think you have to squelch eating when your head is telling you to and your body is not really hungry. That is part of behaviour modification. I am working on it, sometimes good sometimes not so good. Nothing we want in the area of weight loss comes easy though so I will just keep plugging away.

Woohoo, I am down another 2 lbs! cb: :cb: :cb:

Ok, I am probably the only person who has not seen this movie until this morning, but have you ladies seen Shallow Hal? For the most part, I think they did a good job of trying to show people being accepted for who they are not how they look, but there were a couple things they put in as humor I found distasteful like when they are leaving in his friend's Rabbit and she stands in the car and it goes down on one side. They are still making fun of overweight people! I don't need to be soapboxing it this morning as you have heard my opinions over and over but if you haven't seen it, check it out. It may even inspire you to look at people differently.:

gma22
07-29-2003, 10:21 AM
Since I need someone to show me how to put more than one pic on one post, you are gonna have to bear with me.

Julie: This pic was taken the end of April and I have since lost about 25 lbs more.

pjkdreamer
07-29-2003, 10:24 AM
I am back girls, Faye thanks for the suggestion for Target Tuesday, lets see :chin:

I am an emotional eater!! as I have said before I stuff the food down to suppress feelings, I have done it for as long as I can remember, and like I have mentioned before I used food to try and fill a void, an empty place that can never be filled up with food or any other kind of addiction! food was my drug of choice...WAS BEING THE OPERATIVE WORD HERE!!;) I used food as an excuse to celebrate, I used it as an excuse to combat my depression, as a comfort, man was that a ridiculous notion, it just furher perpetuated the depression. I used it as a source of pleasure, chose it over sex, thought I was trying to shield myself from men by making myself so unattractive, but it didnt work there were still the ones that I was involved with (unhealthy relationships to further compound the problems, I sought them out so I could make sure I kept punishing myself with the food, so I could continue feeling unworthy, and undeserving!! of a loving relationship), I did that oh say from abt age 15 - 35, then I found my partner, who is an amazing person, and a woman by the way, thought I would let you in on that, if I havent already, cant remember, anyway she gives to me all that has been missing in my life, and I "allowed her in to know the real me", and she stays with me anyway, 8 years now!! wow!! a true gift from God she is! I say that and am being honest with myself and all of you, I kept things hidden and secretive far too long, my secrets were making me eat, and they were killing me!! so, there is another way I used food, to keep my secrets hidden! If I took better care of myself I may have had to talk more, come out of my isolation and open myself up to being hurt by others??? you say, didnt she do that anyway, yes I did, if I had too many "fleeting moments of happiness" you can be assured that I did something to make certain that I got back on that downward spiral...I am not being too hard on myself here girls, just taking a thorough look at myself and the role compulsive overeating has played in my life, it is complicated and so interwoven into every fiber of my being, it is difficult sometimes to articulate and express all that it has done to me! but mostly IT HAS KEPT ME FROM MY LIFE, BUT NOT ANYMORE!! I AM HEALING NOW AND IT FEELS WONDERFUL!! THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE LISTENED TO ME RAMBLE ON AND ON!! HAVE A GOOD DAY!

and again, Faye, many thanks for the topic!! It was cathartic and most therapeutic to share that with all of you, gives me an accurate pespective to see it in writing!

later girlies!

pjkdreamer
07-29-2003, 10:31 AM
WOW FAYE YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!! :spin: :cp: :dance: THANKS FOR SUBMITTING THE PICTURES YOU ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION!

gma22
07-29-2003, 11:54 AM
I WANT TO ADDRESS SOMETHING TO ALL OF YOU ABOUT MY PICTURES:

You know, I used to watch the Richard Simmons commercials and would hear these men and women say, "I weighed 300+ lbs and if I can do it so can you," or any of a hundred different paid programming with people losing over 100 lbs and looking great, but I never thought it could be me, ever. I mean, I desired it, I craved it, BUT I never believed it and I still will say to dh, "Does my butt look like it is smaller," or something similar. I can understand how anorexics see themselves fat in the mirror. I sometimes see myself knowing even though I am not near goal that I am different, but the old devil whispers in my ear, that I am still that grossly fat woman and will never be anything else. I know in my head and heart that I have changed, you can see it in photos, my clothing sizes have gone from 32 to 22-24 and I am putting on clothes from my closet I haven't worn in YEARS, but just two days ago, I put on this little yellow t-shirt that I haven't worn because is was too tight in the arms and boobs and it fit with some room to spare but in my mind I said, "Oh, this probably always fit you and you just are thinking of something else." I remember saying that to myself. So with that said, I want everyone here to know that whether it is 5 lbs you are struggling with or 200 lbs you can achieve it but it takes work. There is NO quick fix, no miracle diet, no pills, nothing but good old hard work to do things that may be repugnant to you like drinking water until you think you will bust, or getting on a treadmill or walking or putting in that tape everyday, possibly giving up foods you adore and maybe forever if you cannot control them, having to work to not eat when your head tells you that you should. My pictures are like a hundred others you have seen. Believe me, I am nothing special and I don't post them to say "Haha, look what I have done." I post them so that each and everyone of you know that this fat woman that was over 400 lbs knows that YOU can take off the weight and feel and look better about yourself. I could say, "If I can do it, you can too," but I would rather say "YOU ARE DOING IT AND SO CAN I!"

Come on let's quit fooling ourselves and get serious. Let's buckle down and make our challenge for August. Let's see that as a serious goal we can accomplish! I want you to have this!

Faye

Satine
07-29-2003, 12:21 PM
I totally agree Faye, we can do it if we just set our minds to it and "actually" do it!!!!! I gained 3 pounds last week, but I am taking responsibility for it and am now working hard to get those off, I cannot go back and change what I ate...but I can change my future...that is the great thing about a new day :)

I have seen Shallow Hal about a million times, and although I love the movie ( I like Jack Black ) I do get offended at some of the things that they have her doing..like everytime they eat they show her just pigging out and ordering enough for 2-3 people, well that is not always how "we" eat....and by "we" I mean beautiful women like us who are working to be healthy....

I agree with someone who said earlier that we all seem to be in some kind of diet slump, I think Faye's encouraging words from her last post has helped me ( Faye you look great in that last
picture ! ) ... I think we call can do the 10 pds by Aug 31st but then after that why not set another big goal for Christmas, our Christmas present to ourselves, then maybe we can indulge on some of the junk that is always around at that time, ha :lol:

I had 3 points yesterday, 2 OP and 1 for water...so see I am getting back on track, baby stepping...and I am so looking forward to my thinner future!!!! :cb: :cp: :dance: :dancer:

So talk to you all later, :wave:
Take care,
Carri

p.s. I FOUND THE SKINNY COWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :high:

bella27
07-29-2003, 01:01 PM
Hello Ladies!!

Sounds like everyone is doing great this morning and getting back on track.

Well for my points yesterday, I get 1 for water, 1 for exercise, and I was almost OP. So it looks liek 2 for me, but that is better than nothing. And today has been great so far.

Faye--very good topic for the day. But, I am not sure how to answer, I am not sure how I feel about food. Afew years ago, food was torturing me. As I have said before I was anorexic back then and ate nothing. Mabye once a week, ad the rest of the time all I did was too think about it, dream about eating all of the foods that I love soo much, then one look in the mirror and that was over. Then I total went to the other side of the fence, so too speak, and I ate for everythig, and emotions that you can think of, I ate for that reason.

Now I am not sure where I am at. I am trying to gain self confidence, so that mabye I will quit badgering myself if I am not perfect for the day, and mabye eat something that is not totaly OP. I think that I am getting better. Although the mirror and I are still not close friends, same with the scales.

I wish that I could be as positive as all of you ladies, you are really great and beautiful. I just love coming here and reading what you have to say. I certinaly do not post as much as I read, but that is back to the self confidence that I am trying to work on.

Have a great day all, and I will be back later

Sarah:wave:

Mirabelly
07-29-2003, 01:12 PM
Faye, you look F&*(#@) PHOENOMENAL!!!! Thanks so much for posting your pictures, you are truly an inspiration.

About that little voice in your head telling you things like "you'll always be fat, you haven't really accomplished anything, etc."....I hear it all the time, and not just about weight. I've mentioned before that I do competitive sword fighting. Well, in this little club we have there are no weight classes and NO gender classes. Which means a 120 pound female often gets paired up against a 250 pound male. (Often the female wins, but that's not the point). As fighters, we women have to defeat the "self-talk" more often that the guys who have been brought up to play violent games. Here's how many people do it:

We've given the voice a name, a personality, made it REAL....we happen to call it the "Lizard-Brain" which means that it is the primordial part of ourselves that is so far down in our subconscious that we don't even recognize it. It lives so far down in the ooze of our psyche that we often think we're crazy for hearing voices. But it is real, and it effects our behavior. By giving the Lizard a name (Fred, Daphne, Alphonse, whatever :lol: ) and picturing it as a real personality inside you, suddenly it is easier to hear when he's (or she) speaking. And the best part is, once you can hear him--you can talk back to him and tell him to :censored: off!!!!

It may sound corny, but it really works. The voice is so effective at manipulating us into doing things we don't want to because he's quiet, and slippery and we don't really know where he comes from. SHine a big ole flashlight on him, next time he comes around......talk to him, get to know him, give him a name, and then tell him YOU"RE the boss of you!

For me, my lizard comes around at night, when I'm tired and at my weakest. He says "come on, Julie, you've had a hard day....one bowl of ice cream won't hurt you. You're fat, so what? You're happy and your husband loves you.....:blah: :blah: :blah:
I've learned to know when he's around, and I've told myself that I cannot listen to any "self-talk" after 7pm. period. I don't fret over what I'm telling myself, I just flat-out ignore it.

THis took me a reeaaallly long time to be able to do. I'm a very pragmatic person, and frankly the whole idea of naming and personifying my self-conscious sounded ludicrous and stupid. But then the more I started paying attention, the more I saw patterns in my self-talk and my behavior. And, now, I feel more in control of myself than I have in years!

It's just an idea.....take it for what it's worth. It's helped me deal with my eating lizard, my fighting lizard, and my career lizard (he tells me that my ideas for making money working at home are useless and I should just accept being poor for the rest of my life.) GRRRRRRRRR.

Sometimes, for fun, I imagine me strangling the crap out of that stupid little gecko from the GEICO commercials.

Well, guess I gotta go....I've rambled long enough :dizzy:

Later,
Julie

mugirl213
07-29-2003, 01:17 PM
Hi everyone!

Faye you have come so far! That is just inspiring to everyone! You are such a doll! I also have a question for you. Remember the recipe for meringue choco chips you sent me? Do you have the nutrition info on that? I was thinking about making them.

I also passed off that cheesy chicken, green bean recipe to my mom, so thanks...Tonya I think...for that one! I look forward to having that!

Yesterday I get all 4 points. Back on track. My downfall seems to be that I eat more over the weekends. Portions are easy to control during work when i can watch crazily what I eat...but on the weekend when I am running around, it's harder to keep track and to know where I am at.

I am up to 25 min on the treadmill and whoo boy, am I proud! I am kicking ***. It looks like my workout partner won't be joining the gym with me...so I'm still debating what to do. $67 a month (the per month rate if you do the 3-month $200 plan) is a little steep. But I think my fitness and health is worth it. I keep hoping that my job interview will hear results sometime soon, cause if I get this job, I know I"ll be in the area for at least a year and can easily do that membership. But...if I don't...who knows! And my trial membership is up next Tuesday. I already called the lady 2 times about it, but last time she got a little snippy and said that "no we haven't made a decision YET." So I'm deadly afraid to call again...and it's been nearly a month since my interview. ARGH!

Anyway, today is going well for me...had cheerios and better 'n eggs for breakfast...120 cal total! Looks like some mushroom soup for lunch and that's like 175, so not too bad. I had some almonds this morning...just 10 and that is 80 calories! Geez, you never realize how much something has in it. I also had just a bit...less than an INCH of chocolate chip cookie. It was all melty and warm, so how could I resist! LOL

Anyway...Oh and Target Tuesday...I can't say why I eat. I definitely like food. I love the taste on my tongue more than something in my belly, but I don't know how to get over that. It's like...if I could just check on some chocolate, taste it, and spit it out, I would LOL. I know that makes no sense. I also eat out of boredom. Blah, I'm bored...might as well chew. LOL I need to figure out how to get over that. :(

OK I'm off...ttyl!

Satine
07-29-2003, 01:25 PM
Okay so I havent really come to full terms on why I eat, but I can tell you mostly it is out of boredom, but I have this scary thing go on, IF one day I tell myself that I am going to blow it and eat what I want, then I "binge" eat...I eat like I havent eaten in like 3 days, and I do it in private, I may go through 3 different drive thru's and then home to act like I didnt eat...It is scary and I am trying to come to terms with that and watch it, I did it last week
and feel so bad afterwards like I want to throw up, but mostly I dont, cause I figure "hey girl, you ate it now you face up to it and feel miserable..."

Am I crazy? Do any of you have that problem?

Carri

Honeyrose29
07-29-2003, 01:37 PM
Good afternoon girls :)

I got 2 pts yesterday for OP.. I didnt do all of my water nor my exercise.

And the scale this morning said 153. I am thinking of throwing it out. I havent eaten hardly anything in 3 days because I have felt bad and had no appetite. Needless to say.. I feel really bad about my accomplishment or lack of.

Today was slimfast for breakfast
lunch was slimfast
dinner.. well I am making boneless skinless grilled chicken breast.. and I may just put mine on a salad.

Congrats Missy on your points yday and how well you are doing. I am very proud :)

Mirabelly.. good idea about naming the voice. I am also a nighttime eater and I just really dislike that voice. I am hearing it really strong right now because of my weight gain.. Its telling me to just blow off the diet and eat what I want because I dont seem to gain or lose whether I eat or starve. Maybe I'll name mine :censored:head and tell him where to go.

Faye.. you do look good. I am very proud of your progress :) Keep up the wonderful work!

Bella.. congrats on your points!

Carri.. glad you found the skinny cows! yummy huh? Congrats on your 3 pts! Keep it up!

Pam: :grouphug: to you!

As far as target Tuesday : I am a comfort eater.. I do it to comfort myself. I also have a deep love for food and enjoy nothing more than to sit down and pig out on a huge scrumptious meal. I hate the way I feel afterwards and the way I look and the way I feel about myself.. so I guess I am a manic eater with all of these emotions that roll in because of food. My little voice kicks in about 2 or 3 pm and stays with me until I go to sleep.. coaxing me to eat any and everything that I see or think about.
I am very funny about always having alot of food in the house because many years ago.. I had nothing and those are bad memories. I would not eat for days and days in order to make sure that I could stretch a can of soup and a half a box of cheerios to feed my kids. Because of that.. I gained the weight I did once I was out of that situation. I always have that fear of being that way again in the back of my mind and it terrifies me. Hence my love/hate relationship with food. Not only that.. but I really am not familiar with dieting.. I was one of those people that others needing to lose weight hate with a passion. I weighed 115 lbs and could eat any and everything I wanted. I stayed that way until age 25 even thru my first 2 pregnancies.. then after 3 more close together pregnancies.. I couldnt get off the lbs gained.

So here I am..struggling to let that thin person out again and feel good about myself. I do want to thank everyone here for the support. I wouldnt know where to turn without you all :grouphug:

TonyaS
07-29-2003, 01:48 PM
Hi ladies! I am so behind.. haha.

I have been so busy, so much to do lately! but today I am back to work, back to the grind, which is good. I eat better at work, and I sit here and drink a crapload of water too. My daughter started school, so as soon as the business of that wears off, I hope to be more able to concentrate on the subject at hand! My initial fitday goal was 120 by Aug 31, so that is the subject at hand! :D

hi everyone, how ya'll doin today ? :)

Target Tuesday - I am on track today!!!!

TonyaS
07-29-2003, 01:50 PM
Faye, I love that picture of you, you look great!!!

and I just read that today is also talk about food day...

I love food, I hate food. I have a love/hate relationship with food :p

It makes me feel so good at the time, then so crappy afterward. But I still go back... *shrug*

gma22
07-29-2003, 02:03 PM
Ok, I am really really gettin' mad now. I lost my first post and dumped my second because I am having to use aol because the dsl is down and I was trying to minimize and I hit the close button. UGRRRRHHHHHH!

Third time is a charm as they say:

Julie: I hate that stupid commercial in fact all of Geico commercials along with "can you hear me now," and "jellin like a felon" I wonder if anyone truly buys anything from seeing the commercials. One thing that is sad is that the truly funny commercials are the beer ones. You all should be in my living room with dh when one of them comes on (either the guy who shoots his girlfriend's dog through the sunroof or the dachsund that ate the 6 foot sub. I count how many seconds it takes him to heehaw when one of them comes on. BTW, my son is involved in a combat form of the "itsus" martial arts. I can never remember which itsu it is! :lol: It sure has helped him. He has quit smoking and partying and has worked things out with his girlfriend.

Debbie: YOU GET A: :high: for your points yesterday. Keep working!

Missy: YOU GET A: :bravo: for your points! Good job!

Sarah: YOU GET A: :high: for your points yesterday and :goodvibes :balloons: for coming close to op!

Carri: YOU GET A: :cp: for points yesterday. Now for the binging thing. Quit doing it in hiding! If you are going to binge, do it out in the open. It is embarrassing and humiliating when we do that but as long as we hide it, we will not quit it. We can be totally shamed by it, but we will still do it. I used to hide wrappers of stuff that I had eaten in the wastebasket so my dh who could care less couldn't see them. Then I realized that as long as no one could see I was binging, I would never stop it. The only way to quit is to do it out in the open. Believe me, it will make you stop real quick! I am glad you found your skinny cows!

I have decided to make my enemy a mouse. I have a phobia about rodents and so would definitely not want a mouse around. I am going to call my mouse, Hindrance, because that is what he would be to me. So from now on, when Hindrance shows his face, I am getting out the proverbial Decon!

Just because I am in a picture mood and am a proud mama, I am enclosing a pic of my son, Jack and his girlfriend, Alicia. He is one big man (about 6'5 and 230) but is a big teddy bear! He extraordinary good looks comes from his mamas genes! :lol:

Faye;)

mugirl213
07-29-2003, 02:19 PM
OK i Just got done reading some posts and had to say something. Since, for a change, I am feeling strong today, I think Carri and Debbie need some of my lovin! LOL

Carri - Yes I have done exactly what you have done too before. Maybe not eating as much, but I feel JUST as guilty and do it just as SECRETIVE as you have. My boss used to make me feel really bad about what I ate. I can easily maintain my 150, but I also don't lose. I can eat whatever I want at 150 and stay at 150. But that isn't where I want to be, so I am not happy. But to the point...I used to have a Hershey bar or something chocolate every day at 3 PM here at work. Well EVERY day, my boss would comment on the fat, the calories, how she could never eat that...etc. All snidely. It got to the point that EVERY day I would go to the caf, get my candy bar and go eat it in the bathroom. I have also gone thru drivethrus and then sat in the car to eat it and pretend like I haven't had anything and go home and snack. My problem is there are alot of people who make hurful comments to me. Maybe they don't realize it , maybe they do. Maybe they don't realize how much their comments affect me. But I always take it with a smile and internalize ALL the feelings I have instead of screaming "BACK OFF!" It's very hard. I internalize everything and every once in a while I just 'freak out' on someone. But I really do understand how you feel. But just lately I HATE feeling guilty about waht I eat. I don't want to feel guilty. The problem I'm having is, I can't break my diet, eat something bad and just deal. I wallow and figure "oh well, the whole day is shot, may as well give up." or I think "damn, I already had 400 cal in, now i at that hershey bar, that's 300 cal, that means I can only have 600 for lunch AND dinner! ARGH. It's so frustrating. I want to eat my hershey bar and enjoy it. Maybe not every day, but once in a while. I too am a drive-thru addice. I LOVE mc d's. But a big step for me was passing on fries. Last week I went there and I got a double cheeseburger and a side salad. It was only 500 calories. I got my craving AND I got in on plan.

I really start to have a feeling of self loathing too after I am done eating. But I try to maintain myself with stupid thoughts. OK...if I DID throw up, I HATE throwing up, that's gross. If you start doing it repeatedly...then your teeth get all nasty and rotted (it's true) and who would want to kiss me? LOL If I do throw up, then I'll have to eat more b/c I'll be hungry again. So I know you don't have an eating disorder, and sometimes I think I do...but these silly thoughts help me out.

Ok that made no sense, but it's meant to cheer u up, so I hope somehow it has.

But what everyone says is totally right...NO GUILT. That's the way to go. Just do better. You ate your big mac and fries...now have a big salad for dinner...or w hatever. :) YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Debbie - OK girlfriend. You were on my side last week and I"m here to do it for you. I stepped on the scale this morning (at the gym...and that is a higher number than my scale at home! grrr) and was at 151 or so. Maybe 151 1/2. And I had a TERRIBLE weekend/week last week. **** I might even be an even 151 or 150 1/2 b/c I was wearing a denim skirt. LOL It's heavy. ;) But here are some thougts. The reason that you are probably gaining or not losing is b/c your body is in starvation mode since you are sick. It probably is just holding on to all the calories you do give it and therefore it's not wasting anything. This is why anoerexia just doesn't work. Now I know when I get over being sick, I like gorge myself, so be careful you don't do that...

I am also so sorry to hear about your hard times with the kids. THat sounds just awful and I know that now you are so happy in the fact that you can provide for your children. But you can provide them with good fresh fruits and veggies and other things like that. You are an awesome mom raising 5 kids! It's not easy and it is a full time job in and of itself.

OK reading this I don't feel like I"m saying super awesome things...so please don't take it as being bad or negative...either of you guys...just know I love and support you. I'll shut up now before I put my foot further in my mouth.

:)

mugirl213
07-29-2003, 02:21 PM
WHOA FAYE...I NEED A COLD SHOWER CAUSE YOUR SON IS H-O-T! LOL

mugirl213
07-29-2003, 02:28 PM
HELP HELP HELP

THERE ARE TWO GIANT CASES OF CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZELS HERE!!!!!!!

Honeyrose29
07-29-2003, 02:34 PM
Missy.. thanks for the support :) You have no idea how much it means to me for you to give me a boost not to give up on myself.

Those awful days are 10 yrs behind me.. but you never forget.. you know?

Youre a real sweetie and I appreciate every word you said. I'll hang on.. I promise! Besides.. we have to lose it together right? I want to see 2- 130 lb babes (meaning us, heehee) by the end of the summer! :lol:

Edit: Take it easy with those pretzels! Just take a big deep breath and w-a--l-k (no- RUN) away!

mugirl213
07-29-2003, 02:52 PM
So glad I could help you out! You are AWESOME! Of course we'll be 130lbs. and then bathing suit season will be over! *sigh* Such is life! LOL...I'll be wearing spandex in December! :) But you are right girlfriend, we can do it!!!!!

Ok I just checked out the cals on the pretzels...not good. 200 cal for 2. If I get really weak...I may have just one...but then I'm gonna have to calculate out the rest of the day's calories. I'll let you know!

Hugs!!!!

gma22
07-29-2003, 03:11 PM
See! You ladies understand yourselves a lot more than you think you do! I am a Hershey bar, nut, Missy! Just plain ole chocolate is my favorite, not adorned with anything! I have a suggestion for you. I do not know how much a bar is in cal and fat, but buy yourself one and break it into servings of 2 little squares, bag each one and than maybe every other day, give yourself a treat. There is nothing to feel guilty about eating the foods we love. We just have to work to control not over eating them or let them control us!

My big nono's are chocolate and soft drinks, but I have the soft drink thing licked big time. I can't even tell you how thrilled I am with that. When I started in January, I drank at least 2 6 packs of Pepsi A DAY! I decided to go cold turkey and quit drinking them completely. When we went to Houston in May, I tried an experiment to see if I could drink just one and I did pretty well but I decided they were not worth it. I don't know how I have learned to drink diet caffeine free pepsi, but I have and because it is not the charge a regular one is, I do it infrequently like if we are having hamburgers or something like that. As for chocolate, I buy ff chocolate pudding and the chocolate graham crackers instead of candy to help me out and ff fudgesicles. I cannot give up chocolate. I really really love it, but I can find better ways to have a treat of it.

Right now I would say I have a problem with eating in the afternoon before dinner. I just had a ww pizza with some extra cheese, a ff pudding and water and I feel like haven't even eaten, but I am NOT going to go hunting for stuff in the fridge. So far today I have had a yogurt for breakfast, an apple for a snack and the above for lunch. DH is having lasagna for dinner and I am having soup and a low fat grilled cheese for dinner. I am not going over my cal and fat today!

Well, I need to quit goofing off. It is clean the downstairs day. For some reason (probably the fact that I went over to the pool, got in and was into my routine about a minute and the sky opened up and kept it up for the whole hour I was in there) I am freezing even having taken a nice shower so I may have to put on long pants. I like to clean in the buff, but I am too cold!

Oh I almost forgot, AGAIN, When we are done with August, we are going to set our sites on Christmas. I think that was a great suggestion. This is a big one and a toughy, but From Sept 1 to December 31 we are going to have a goal of 30lbs off. Some of you won't even have to take that much off to accomplish your new goal which will be great! That is 1.6 lbs a week and you can do that too!

TonyaS
07-29-2003, 03:12 PM
I feel like reporting my lunch. The reason is because it has left me unfulfilled :p I am not hungry.. but I don't feel fulfilled... yanno? anyways, if I post it here, and keep staring at it, I can at least feel good about the cal content :) ON TARGET!

2 turkey sandwiches on low cal bread, tiny thin layer of light miracle whip, mustard, and pickles, no cheese.. a diet coke, and a dole fruit and gel cup. Cal :350. Fat: 4g. total for today so far: 608 cal, 4 g fat.

edit: so I broke down and needed something else.. I chose a small bag of baked lays, original flavor. total for day : 751 cal, 6g fat.

This is what I need to do everyday!! then I have room for stuff between lunch and dinner. I keep blowing lunch, then I can't hang the rest of the day.

Hehe, Faye and I posted at the same time! afternoon snackers unite!

Hang in there Missy, you can resist the evil pretzel! :D

and Honeyrose, you know I am here for ya! you can do this :)

Honeyrose29
07-29-2003, 04:06 PM
To everyone!!!

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

You are ALL the best!!!

The encouraging words here was apparently all I needed to get over the rough spot! I got off my behind and went for a jog. It was only 1/2 a mile and I was in serious pain:lol:.. but it was still half a mile I didnt do yesterday! I finished out by walking a mile and a half for a total of 2 miles.
Tonight I'll do my Taebo and my ab workout. I have made that my day's goal.

50 oz of water down.. 50 to go!

Sometimes all it takes is someone who understands to pull you thru the dark - into the light :)
Many thanks!

pjkdreamer
07-29-2003, 04:17 PM
Good Afternoon,

Faye what a marvelous idea you had for the topic today, it got all of us talking, it is wondeful!! I felt so much better after my last entry, you keep us going, and I thank you for that!!

all of you girls are very insightful about yourselves, and I agree with Faye you just need to give yourself credit, and we should all give ourselves credit for making this decision everyday!!! the decision to live heathier, we are all just mahvelous dahlings! the posting here today has given me so much motivation, full steam ahead into a good afternoon of heatlhy eating and activity!

Don't remember posting yesterdays points, 0 for program, 1 for water and 1 for exercise. today mucccccch better so far! I intend to keep it up too. Had grilled fish today with rice and steamed vegetables for lunch, and I stuck with my breakfast plan with the exception that I had to eat cherrios instead of bran flakes, I was out of them, so Amanda I stuck to my plan!;)

I hear you about the soda Faye, I drank far too many, my back hurt so bad, and I was beginning to develop fibroid cysts in my breasts, so I had to quit, will on rare occasions now have a diet soda (had one yesterday), but honestly I do not care for them.
oh, by the way, I ACCEPT YOUR END OF DECEMBER CHALLENGE, 30 MORE LBS THAT IS DOABLE!!!:D WE CAN ALL DO IT:cool:

Julie: thanks for the tip, I really like the lizard idea!! mine is the

:devil: incarnate, and he can strike anytime, he is cunning and mischevious, and he is ruthless, doesnt have to be at night or any other particular time, he rears his ugly head throughout the day, but I am taming him and setting boundaries now, something I NEVER did before. I will remember your analogy next time I reach for that "one more bite", thanks again:D

Debbie, Carri, honeyrose, you are all terrific!! enjoy your youthful spirits! You will all reach your goals, I can just feel it!!

:love: :love: we are all going to do this, together we are a united force!!

later chicks!:dance:

gma22
07-29-2003, 04:22 PM
Good for you girls. That is great. Any accomplishment no matter how big or small counts! Just one time hanging in there and not giving in, means we are just that much closer to our goal!

Well, I am glad I didn't put on long pants! I cleaned house and warmed up REALLLLL good! :lol: In fact, I think I am going to have to take another shower, but hey it was just that much more excercise! I have one of those bagless fantom vacuums and they work great but weigh a ton so pushing the thing builds up those muscles and makes ya sweat, uh perspire for those of you who are delicate!

I wish you could have seen me this morning in the pool. I could have used a pair of windshield wipers on my eyes! I can imagine if anyone was looking out there window and saw me they must have thought, "She really is a nut case!" I couldn't see giving up after just a minute or so because of the rain. Sure, it was pouring big time, but so what I was wet anyhow, right? It was just that it was raining so hard I couldn't keep the rain out of my eyes and finally gave up and kept them closed and wiped them after finishing an exercise. I had put my towel, glasses and key (with my car keu fob on it!) on a patio table underneath the umbrella. It was barely sprinkling and not blowing so I thought they would be ok. uh uh! My towel had so much water in it, I couldn't find a dry spot so just walked home in the rain soaking wet. I tried to dry off my key fob because I didn't want it getting damaged but there wasn't a dry thing to use! I puddled all the way into the house. On top of that, I had to go peepee really bad and couldn't get my suit shucked off because there was so much water in it. It was pretty comical.

Well I am going to relax now until dh gets home and I start dinner so you girlies be good now!

pjkdreamer
07-29-2003, 04:24 PM
Debbie,

We were posting at the same time - synergy!!!! congrats on the jogging/walking that is awesome!!!:jig: :strong: :bravo: :cb: :cp: :hat: :dance: :dancer: :cheers: keep up the great work.

Catch you later..:wave:

Satine
07-29-2003, 04:41 PM
you guys have REALLY been posting while I was working....

Faye - Yeah your son is a hotty, I like em big and stout...always
have, to bad I am married, and he has a girlfriend, ha...

Missy - Hold back on the pretzels, I dont know how you could though, they are my favorite...also thanks for the encouraging words in your post ( and to Faye )...I will try not to binge eat, I havent done it in like 6 days so I am doing well, I think my will
power is finally coming back...

Pam - I too had frybroid cysts in my breasts, doctor said it was from all of the mountain dew I was drinking, had to have on big one removed at 22 years old...so I have not drank MD since, but used to love my Pepsi's - now I stick with water, with an occasional cherry coke from Steak n Shake..

Debbie, Tonya, Julie, Honeyrose, have a great one, keep up the good work, we can do it!!

Carri :cool:

mugirl213
07-29-2003, 05:16 PM
OK....good news. I had a choco covered pretzel. And you know what, it was good. And you know what else? It was 100 cal (big pretzel)...so I still have like 700 left for dinner. So hopefully I'll be fine!

Anyway hugs to my girls!

Faye, I don't know if you saw my earlier message...but I was wondering if you had the nutrition info for those meringue chocochip cookies you gave me the recipe for?

TonyaS
07-29-2003, 05:41 PM
that's ok Missy, I am making room for some Healthy Choice ice cream tonight or something.. if I can keep it at 300 cal for dinner, I can have some :D

gma22
07-29-2003, 06:21 PM
Missy: I am really sorry, I did see that and got sidetracked! NO, I don't have the info of those cookies as they were posted here on another thread several months ago but you can figure it out yourself. There is 612 cal in the 3/4 cup of sugar then just see what the choco chips are and the pecans from the package. The egg white etc are negligible so just devide the total cal or the sugar, chips and pecans by the number of cookies it makes and it will tell you the cal of each then for fat it would be just the chips and the pecans and it will say on the package.

Don't have a lot of time, I am making cheese/garlic yeast bread to go with my dh's lasagna so I need to get back downstairs.

Faye

Mirabelly
07-29-2003, 06:22 PM
Hi girlies!
I'm taking the kids to the State Fair tomorrow for 4 hours....I'm already concerned that I'm gonna succumb to the cotton candy/french fries/funnel cake. Any ideas on portable/non-meltable healthies I can bring to help me??? There is like, Nothing, healthy at this place.

I'm thinking I'll freeze two water bottles tonight, so they'll be cool and refreshing by noon tomorrow. That'll take care of the soda. But boy, I'm a serious sugar junkie.....I know I could budget in the snacks, but I'm really afraid if I let myself have a little then I won't be able to stop. PLus, my mom is coming all the way from Virginia and I have a big crockpot dinner planned, so I don't have alot of room for extra calories. .......HELPPPP

Julie

gma22
07-29-2003, 10:34 PM
Julie: Get you a box of those chocolate graham sticks. They are pretty good, a regular soft pretzel is not too bad either if you just use mustard and don't get like cream cheese or sauce for it. Heck if it is a matter of cheating, get you some of those lowfat twinkies or cupcakes or something. It is better than eating funnel cake which is fat filled dough and sugar too! You may go over points tomorrow, but I would concern myself more with the amount of fat you take in than calories. If you can keep the fatty stuff under control, then even with a few extra calories you will be ok.

HAVE A GREAT TIME! I HAVEN'T BEEN TO THE STATE FAIR SINCE I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL. I USED TO LOVE GOING

faye:)

Honeyrose29
07-29-2003, 11:38 PM
Good evening everyone:)

Did well tonight with dinner. I was pleasantly surprised that my zatarains chicken creole only has 130 cal /1gr fat per cup :) So for dinner I had approx 1 cup and a small side salad with greens and veggies only. Was most yummy and I feel very fulfilled!

Got all the H2O in and did my workout too:)

I hope everyone is staying with their program today, drinking away the lbs and keeping movin'!

Check in tomorrow morning.. this girlie needs her bed.
Night!!

pjkdreamer
07-30-2003, 12:20 AM
Good night all,

To those of you who ck in tonight, a big :grouphug:

Amanda, I missed you all day! hope you and little one had a good day!:dizzy:

later girlies! all of you stay :strong:

gma22
07-30-2003, 07:31 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes. Feeling stress? Having problems? It is time to unload and let us help you.

Hope everyone has a great day!

I will check in later this AM

peekabooangel
07-30-2003, 08:09 AM
"WOW":eek: you girls were chatty yesterday. I can barely keep up. I did go back and read though. But it is kind of late to comment on some of the stuff so sorry I will skip this time.

Wed. Woes: I don't get any points for yesterday? I mean I was not bad bad, but was not good, so I say a goose egg for me. Today is another day and it's Wed. Woes? Humm the only one I have a problem with now is keeping my a$$ on plan for a change for more than 2 days. I know, this too shall pass.

Hope you all have a marvelous day.

Sandy/aka/Peek

Mirabelly
07-30-2003, 08:39 AM
mmmm, chocolate graham sticks huh? I'll have to pick me up some before we get there. More of my strategy now includes peanuts (so I always have some protein handy) and raisins (just bec they don't melt and I have a ton at the house). I've got water frozen and ready to go. I also have some chocolate covered "energy bars", which let's be honest, are really just smaller candy bars.....but they are low fat and they taste good.

I figure if I just HAVE to have something there, I'll let myself have some cotton candy. It's my favorite, anyway, and at least it doesn't have any fat in with all the sugar.

I lucked out in one way, a good friend of mine is coming with her kids too......so I'll have another adult there, which I think will help me have some control.

Oh, I got all 4 points again yesterday. But only because I tricked myself into exercising :lol: I procrastinated all day, and then I even convinced myself that I needed to take a nap in the afternoon. I wasn't tired, but I tend to "escape sleep". So, when I got up, I just hopped on the treadmill while my brain was still groggy. Boy, was it pissed when it woke up and found my body being good!! :strong:

Sandy: don't worry about yesterday, it's over. Start over fresh today! Hey, are you going to the Lobster Festival this weekend? We haven't gone in years, but my mom is here....so maybe we'll be tourists for a day.

Phoenix? Where are you hon?

Honeyrose: :cp: on the healthy dinner, it sounded yummy.

Everyone else keep up the great work! One day at a time....one decision at a time!

Oh, how do you get your pictures small enough for an avatar? I can't seem to shrink a jpeg far enough to be accepted.

Julie
sw243/cw?/gw160

gma22
07-30-2003, 08:58 AM
Julie: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points yesterday! I don't know HOW you trick yourself but go for it! :lol:
As to the pics, I have a photo program called Photo Express that has a selection on my tool bar called Photo and inside it Resize and I do it that way. I do not know how to tell you with yours.

Peek: YOU GET A: :grouphug: for just coming and being with us. You are going to get motivated soon and then watch out!

I GET A: :bravo: for points yesterday even eating some of my garlic cheese bread which was pretty spectacular since I just kind of made it up!

Today is clean the UPstairs day, woohoo! It is the easiest but ickiest because it has 2 bathrooms and the cat litter box and stuff. I am not too keen on being upstairs as something was in the attic yesterday and it gave me the willies. The cat sat on my cedar chest all morning and looked at the ceiling because you could hear it. It was probably a squirrel but I ain't takin NO chances. I told Jack I want him to see what was up there. The noise stopped so I hope whatever was in there got back out. It makes me sick at my stomach just to think about it. UGH! I am a big weeny when it comes to rodents seriously.

I better go for now. Have to get my book finished so I can take my 7 days back to the library tonight.

Faye TODAY WE SHALL...RENEW OUR STRENGTH, WE SHALL MOUNT UP WITH WINGS LIKE EAGLES, WE SHALL RUN AND NOT BE WEARY AND WE SHALL WALK AND NOT FAINT. ISAIAH 40:31 Nobody says it better than GOD!

Be strong today and remember we are all with each other.

PheonixRising
07-30-2003, 09:30 AM
Yesterday I was just AWOL. I didn't accomplish much and I didn't earn any points. However, today is a new day, and I'm starting it out on a good night's rest. I have my glass of water by my side and as soon as I finish here I'm going to WATP. :strong: I had a kind of big breakfast, and probably fat laden but I'll just eat light for lunch and dinner and hopefully it will all balance out. :crossed: Breakfast has become a hard time for me because I make a huge breakfast for my hubby on the days he works. Usually I just make his and then after he leaves I make myself something else, today I wanted what he was having. I'm not going to beat myself up, just work to make it okay.

I'm already started on the housekeeping today, and I hope to accomplish a lot. Even pack some boxes maybe. In case I haven't mentioned it I am moving to a new place here in town on the 1st of September. :dizzy: School also starts at the end of August. I will probably only take two classes, but it is kind of bad timing to have to move at that time.

Today is Wednesday Woes, but I'm not going to acknowledge any worries I have by talking to them. I'm just going to put it in God's hands and know that His strength will carry me through and that I'm not faced with anything I can't handle.

I can't even begin to do replies-but a big Hello :wave: to all. Hope everyone is having a good OP day.

Satine
07-30-2003, 09:51 AM
Good morning...Weds woes, okay... Well I though about it and I just dont have any, I have been pretty happy with things lately, as of the last few days I have been staying OP :) so I really cant complain about that...home is going well ( ususally does ) ..work
is "okay", not spectacular but "okay"...so I cant really think of anything...
Are any of you watching Big Brother 4? If you are I cannot believe how the game is turning...I think Dana has made some huge mistakes, she has such an attitude...talk to me if you have been watching this....:write:

Faye, I am making lasagna tonight, I was laying in bed last night wondering how to make it lower in fat but I dont know :shrug:
I was thinking using the leanest beef ( and what would that be ) and then using low fat ricotta ( but one time I used that and it
was runny, probably needed more egg to hold together ), how
do you make yours? That cheesy garlic bread sounded good but I bet it wasnt great on calories and fat huh?? :cheese: :no:

Well that is all for now, will check back later...see ya

:yawn: Still so tired this morning...

Carri :cookie:

Satine
07-30-2003, 09:52 AM
Oh I forgot to give myself my points for yesterday

1 for water
2 for OP

Yeah ME!!!!!!!!!! and Everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carri

mugirl213
07-30-2003, 10:43 AM
Hi everyone! I'm feeling pretty good today b/c I did pretty good yesterday.

Got my exercise and my water...lost the OP points as mom made hot dogs, mac and cheese and green beans for dinner. :( But you know, hot dogs aren't all that calorie full. It was that damn mac and cheese, homemade nonetheless. One cup of the stuff had like 500 cal in it. So I only had about a cup, but it unwittingly put me over. SHOULD have looked it up before I ate it. Damn.

Anyway, some good news to share: I am down to 150 1/2 lbs this morning! YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAY! LOL It's like what...a pound? But I haven't been below 152 for a while. So I am a little psyched. Let's HOPE that this weight doesn't AHEM magically reappear tonight.

AND I got a nice compliment from a co-worker who said, "Don't you look skinny today!"...made me wonder what I look like other days...but LOL I'll take what i can get.

OK off to breakfast...checkin later!

Good luck at the fair debbie!

beledigirl
07-30-2003, 10:45 AM
Hello everyone! I hope you all are doing well!

I am still around! =)

My father in law passed away Sunday night so things have been hectic around here.

I am dong good with exercise and getting my points. My weight is still the same but that may because of all the weight training.

pjkdreamer
07-30-2003, 10:46 AM
Hello Ladies, Hope you are well this am and staying on program!! woeful wednesdau? dont have any woes to report, except maybe that I go back to work today after having been off the last two, but that is okay, I will go back feeling refreshed!:D

pts for yesterday: 2 program pts, 1 pt for exercise, and 1 for water (did my watp tape last night abt 8:30p couldnt get anyone to do it with me, so I did it by my lonesome, I AM DETERMINED HERE!! GOT TO GET 10 MORE OFF BY 8/31 AND OF COURSE I AM ONTO FAYE'S 30 LB CHALLENGE BY END OF DECEMBER, EVEN WITH CHRISTMAS I AM GOING TO DO IT!!! My immediate family (mom, sisters and neices have changed their eating habits too, so holidays will most likely not be the usual high fat high cal stuff, I hope, my sister is quite the "traditionalist" though so we will see, anyway i will be armed with my low fat/cal versions if that is the case!!!! I am going to reach all of my goals, AND I KNOW ALL OF YOU WILL TOO!!:dizzy: :spin: :strong: :jig: :cb: :dance: :dancer: :grouphug:

Satine, you are doing great, keep up the good work girl! not into the reality shows though, cant chat with you abt big brother!:?:
sorry!

Amanda, started my day off right by having our usual IM conversation, you are already doing so good this morning!!! keep it up sweetems!!! love ya:dancer:

Faye, forgot to tell you yesterday, your son is cute or as one of the girls put it, he is hot!:flame:

Mirabelly, have fun at the fair, you can stay away from all that sinful stuff, arm yourself with heallthy snacks and plenty of water!! or have a little cotton candy and dance it off!!!

peek you can do this, one good OP day leads to the next, you are strong you are invinsible, you are woman!!! didnt Helen Reddy sing that??? man, what a flashback to the 70's!!! some of you girls are too young to remember that one!!!:D

well breakfast beckons me, then I will do my watp tape, then back home and get ready to head to work!! have a great day chicklets!!!

sw 356/June 5th/348.8 June 24th
cw 336.5 July 24th (down 19.5lbs)
next goal:10 more by 8/31
next goal: 30 lsb down by Faye's Dec 31st challenge
next goal:lose 50 lbs
final goal: 130 see ya at goal ladies, we are going to do this, cause we are having "too much fun!!!!"

PheonixRising
07-30-2003, 11:43 AM
I feel good today. I entered my breakfast into Fitday and :eek: but I can make my day work out still. I just finished WATP, took a shower, and got dressed. (To some this is a daily occurance, but I am a naked around the house type.) Now I feel all psyched up to go. :cb: I have laundry in the dryer and the house is still quiet. I'm well on my way to earn all the points for tomorrow. I'm doing good on water so far. :halffull: I've made a plan and if I stick to it I will be OP for the day too. I'm going to get out of this slump TODAY!!!

I didn't do yesterday's target Tuesday-so today I'm going to say the reason I eat is boredom. I also eat to avoid doing things I don't want to-like say housekeeping. There are other reasons of course but I think boredom and avoidance are my big battles. When I'm upset or depressed it is easier to talk myself out of then it is the boredom or avoidance issues. :( You are probably the first ppl I have ever told that to. I don't think I've ever wanted to admit I eat out of boredom. Too many years of my grandmother telling me "You are not bored, there are too many things to do." I suppose she is right about that. She taught me one other thing that I think is a good tip for those of us trying to lose weight. "Busy hands are happy hands." In other words, if you are busy doing needlework or something else with your hands (typing- :lol: ) then you are less likely to snack.

Speaking of getting busy-that housework is still calling. At least I'm avoiding it here with you instead of eating when I'm not even hungry. :lol: I'll see all of you later. :wave:

P.S. I can't believe I've forgotton to post this two times in a row and am now having to edit my post to add it on. I lost 2lbs. this week!!!! :dancer: I was shocked. Maybe the good weeks when I didn't show any loss caught up with me? Or perhaps I wasn't as off program as I thought? Whichever, I'll take the two pounds. :yes:

bella27
07-30-2003, 12:38 PM
Good Morning Ladies!!

Wow!! Have ya'll been busy or what? Sounds like everyone is having a great day. I think I will also, I took the day off today, needed a little rest for the way too stressed brain.

Not sure that I can reply to everyone so I will just send a very big hello :wave: nad try harder too keep up.

I don't have too many woes. The only one that I am eally struggling with is my oldest son. Who by the way is almost 8 but seems to be going on 28. Have suddenly developed this mouth. He will argue with the wall I swear. Let me just give a little back ground here. My kids go to there dad's every other week and while they are over there Alex's dad has made it clear to him that he does not have to listen to his step-mother, he is not made to follow any rules and just gets to do basically what ever he wants. Then the problem is when he comes home he thinks it is ok to act the same way. He used to not act like this so I am not sure how to handle it. I have tried just about everything. So if ya'll have any suggestions I am open.

Well off to check on the kids. I will check back later.

Sarah

TonyaS
07-30-2003, 01:58 PM
Hi everyone! hope everyone's day is going well :)

Satine, grats on the points :D

Missy, awesome on the 150!!! that rocks :)

Beledigirl, sorry to hear about your father :( take care you.

Pam, Amanda, keep up the good work ladies, you guys are doing so good!

Hi Sarah, have a good day off.

Hi Faye, hope your day is well, you are always such an inspiration to everyone here! :D

as for me, FINALLY, I had an OP day yesterday, I got excercise, and I drank 80 oz of water, which is 20 short, but still I think it's damn good :)

bout time eh?! ;)

have a great day girls, keep up the good work! Hi to anyone I may have missed, I apologize :D

pjkdreamer
07-30-2003, 02:34 PM
Afternoon Chicklets!!

Amanda, way to go on that 2 lbs. you know I think you are awesome already, I am so proud of you and for you!! I will be cheering you on every step of the way, you know it girl!! Every ounce I am right there with you, as you are with me..I am most
grateful to call you my friend!!

Tonya congrats on staying on program!!! marvelous, fantastic, fabulous, phemomenal!!! you are amazing!!:cp: :cb: :bravo:

Missy 150!!! wow!!! great for you, the rest of us are coming on down there to join you babe!!!:D keep it up!!:cool: ;) :)

bella, glad to see you posting again!! bet those children do keep you hoping!! my hat is off to all of you that are rearing children, you are all awesome!
:D

beledigirl: my condolences regarding your father in law, my thoughts and prayers are with you. :grouphug:

Carri, aka Ms Satine (that name sounds so regal, so "royal", I love it by the way!! you are doing good chickie, keep it up!

Faye thanks for the passage from Isaiah, you always know jsut what to say! I get tired just from reading about all of your house cleaning, what would you charge me to do mine??? and a consultation on organization!!! I admire your tenacity. and your perseverance!! :D

all the rest of you chicklets have a good afternoon, I off to work !!

gma22
07-30-2003, 02:37 PM
I did this huge post and lost the whole thing so got frustrated, finished cleaning house, and ate lunch before I came back to it.

I got my hour in the pool today, but it was really kind of chilly. When I stepped in it was nice and warm but the farther down into the water the colder it got, probably from the rain yesterday and this morning.

Amanda: YOU GET A: :grouphug: for keeping trying and a big:cb: :cb: :cb: for our weight loss. I eat from boredom too, except my boredom comes because I have nothing to do instead of knowing I need to do something and procrastinate about it. Since you are new, you probably don't know that I am OCD and clean all the time. That leaves me with nothing to do a lot so I work on the boredom thing too! Don't get upset about what you told us. We all have our secrets and when you keep them in the dark instead of in the light, they just get bigger!

Carri: Man, I posted this whole long thing about the lasagna and now have to do it again! YOU GET A: :cp: for your points yesterday. Way to go! As for the lasagna issue, here goes:
You can pretty much figure out the cal and fat of any meal you make from scratch. Anything you use that is bottle, box, or can has the info on it, spices are 0 and meat etc I will gladly look on my list and let you know what the cal and fat is. If you take all your ingredients and their cal and fat then just divide by the number of servings it makes and you know how much it is. Here is what I do to cut fat in lasagna. Lowest fat meat is ground sirloin at about 99% but brown on low because there it will stick because of the lack of fat, add 1/2 jar of the lowest fat sauce you can find with a large can of tomato sauce and 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped and simmer for about 15 minutes. DH hates ricotta type cheese so I use low fat cheddar and mozz but to make it even lower use white cheese only. You can use low fat cottage cheese instead of ricotta, drain it well though and never use ff cheese in things you want melted because it does not melt well at all. Spray your pan with pam then put a layer of sauce, uncooked noodles, sauce, cheese, etc until you have the # of layers you want with the top layer having sauce but no cheese. Set aside some for the top. Cover with foil tightly and bake at 350 for one hour, remove foil, sprinkle cheese, back in oven for about 20 minutes to melt top cheese. I have never had it be runny. You may be using too much sauce. Hope this helps.

Missy: YOU GET A: :high: for points. Good going! AND A GREAT BIG :dance: :bravo: :cb: for the weight loss.

Bele: I am so sorry about your fil, my prayers are with you and your family.

Pam: YOU GET A: :bravo: for points and because you have done such a fabo job lately an extra :cheers: for you!

Tonya: YOU GET A: :bravo: for getting all your points yesterday. That is just great!

Sarah: Sounds to me like dad wants to be a best friend instead of a father and you are taking what comes from that. I would certainly talk to ex hubby about it if you can, not in an attacking way, but just to let him know that when he is allowed to have total freedom he comes home and acts out. As for Alex, I would sit him down and tell him that Dad's rules at his house are not home rules and that if he wants to break the home rules than he has to be prepared to be punished. That you will respect him and not yell at him, but you expect him to respect you and not act that way either. When he pulls something, give him a 15 minute time out with a verbal expectation of an apology to whomever he smarted off to, if he keeps it up, keep adding time and tell him that until he serves his punishment in silence and then apologizes to whomever, you will continue to add 15 minutes. The hard part is sticking to it because you absolutely need to be there in the room with him and if he racks up an hour in the chair, you have to be giving up your time to fullfil the punishment. A few times to let him know you are serious about it, will be all it will probably take. I had a screamer that used to run out into the neighborhood screaming that we were beating her. She was the MOST difficult and head strong child and still is the absolute BIGGEST pain in the derrier you have ever seen!

I should go fold laundry and put it away and put the fresh sheets on the bed. Have a wonderful day and remember:

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO BE WHAT YOU ARE WITHOUT SHAME! ROD STEIGER

You go out in the world proud of who you are and what you are and that nothing you have done with regards to food is shameful. NOTHING!!!!!

Faye ;)

gma22
07-30-2003, 03:00 PM
Pam: what I am is a NUT case! :lol: All of it comes from my brain telling me I HAVE to. I HAVE to exercise, I HAVE to clean, I HAVE to do laundry, etc. Anything that takes physical energy seems to be what I am compelled to do and it is all weight related. I have this fear of someone coming into my home and finding something out of place or cluttered or whatever and my assumption is I would be labeled lazy because of my size. As for the exercise, same thing. I push myself every day because I don't want to be thought of as lazy and how can you be lazy if you workout at least an hour everyday in the pool or walk a mile and a half or whatever I do. Rarely and I do mean rarely do I take a day off and when I do, I am guilt ridden. I apologize to my dh repeatedly for not exercising. His answer is always the same to me, "There you go again, worrying about something that doesn't matter." I had a lot of humiliation growing up. I have always been a big girl, not overweight necessarily, but I have big bones, feet, etc so I could carry a lot of weight, but look regular until I was in fifth grade and this is where is all stems from. I had a school nurse that hounded me about my weight. I ended up missing weeks and weeks of school because I would become physically ill every morning. I had to have psychological tests and everything until I finally confessed to the psychologist why I didn't want to come to school and of course she told my mother who in turn called the doctor who in turn, took the nurse to task big time. We moved again so I left that school, but when I started 9th grade, guess who was the school nurse. Well, she gave me a WIDE berth! But, the damage was done. On top of that my mom's brother would say horrible cruel things to me even though he could have lost about 50 lbs himself. I do work on it, but I am still compelled to do things past the point of being sensible. I can go into someone elses home like my dd and not even thinking I could be insulting the person, but start straightening up. It is not that I find anything wrong with their home, I just feel like I should help them make things nice for themselves. Of course, my daughter finds this insulting so I litterally sit on my hands at her house (and she is not dirty, but can be kind of a slob, which is fine with me because it is her life and her home) just so I don't start picking up toys or whatever.

So there you have it girls. The woman that runs this thread is a true noodlehead extrodinaire! I and the people around me have learned to deal with it.

Faye :)

Satine
07-30-2003, 03:02 PM
Faye -
Is the ground Sirloin lower in fat than the Laura's Lean ground beef? Or do you have that out there?
And so you said you dont pre cook your noodles?
Thanks for all of the info...

mugirl213
07-30-2003, 03:19 PM
I can't wait to hear about debbie's trip to the fair.

plus all the nasty choco covered pretzels are gone...but 1! people here hate to 'eat the last one." for some reason, it's obnoxious.

boring day...very slow and i'm very tired.

i just found out a passport for my ireland trip is gonna cost me $85
*groan* that stinks!

plus after i figured out how to barely scrape by on my budget for august, my #2 boy wants to go on vacation with me. i so don't want to go...and I NEED to break up with him by OCTOBER. But I just don't know how. I am afraid things will be so weird working with him...RIGHT next to him. That combined with the fact that I hate hurting people makes for an awful situation.

So those are my woes.

Ok off to AAA for a passport photo!

Satine
07-30-2003, 03:25 PM
Missy - I am so jealous of you for getting to go to Ireland, I would absolutely LOVE to go there!! That is the one place that I mention first if I could go anywhere ( well maybe Paris is tied with Ireland )

My work place is the same, no one likes to eat the last of anything , so it sits there to taunt me...

I dont know what to tell you about the guy thing, that would be way too awkward having to work with him...

Carri

gma22
07-30-2003, 04:07 PM
Carri: It is at LEAST as good and not as expensive. That Laura's stuff is way over the top. I bought one of her steaks and paid dearly for it and it wasn't even that great. NO, I NEVER precook my noodles, as long as you tightly cover with foil and cook for the hour, the steam etc stays inside and cooks the noodles for you!

When I worked at the law firm, there was food in the kitchen ALL the time. Every deposition, every client meeting they would feed them and then once a month they had this huge birthday cake with the name of the people who's birthday was that month and these cakes were to die for. Anyway, the last piece of whatever would be left there too. I guess thinking is if you take the last one you are a hog or something! :lol:

Well, off to do my grocery shopping list. I use the word processing program and then put it on disk and I can go back and insert stuff that I need or have forgotten right up to the last minute and it is neat and organized. Yeah, I know, nobody TYPES their grocery list! :lol:

Faye;)

mugirl213
07-30-2003, 05:29 PM
I know Carri...it IS way to awkward. I am just an awful break-up girl too. I only ever broke up with one other person, my bf of 3 years back in 1999 and at that point, I didn't work with him, live with him or ANYTHING and it was hard enough! I think I bring alot of stress on myself and I know I could be happier if I would: A. Get a new job B. Break up with the #2 since I wouldn't have to see him.

But NOTHING has been happening for me. It's so frustrating. I know my life would be 10x as easy without 2 men to deal with. Lucky for me, one of them is independent, has a secure sense of mind and is still loving. However, the ome that ISN"T is causing all the problems. THen to top it all off, we had a few"almosts" in the past month and now he pulled out the flowers and thinks everything is ok. But it's not. And he wants me to go away on vacation with him too. *sigh*

I just got myself into quite a pickle and this pickle is really affecting my health and sanity at times. :( I think that's why I'm so into the gym...I've been going 6 days a week for 3 weeks now...almost 4. It helps me take out my frustrations and deal with his shenanigans.

Like take today for instance: I was calculating my calories on fitday and trying to figure out if I could swing our pizza tonight. Well, I asked him for some help...cause the calculations are weird...aka if you select a large pizza 15-in., it comes up as the whole pizza, and not just a slice. So he says to me "You're obsessed. It's pizza, it's bad for you, just know that." and like snapped at me! I was SO annoyed.

OK I'm done venting for now...at least I got the day right...it is a wednesday!
ttfn

Satine
07-30-2003, 05:34 PM
Missy - what is this "fitday" I keep hearing about, is this a website?

Carri

Satine
07-30-2003, 05:43 PM
Missy -
Sometimes I am so thankful that I married young and do not have to do the whole date scene as an adult ( well sometimes acting like an adult, ha ), I say yes try to get a new job and dump the one that is bringing you down, it is not worth it, no need to keep it going any longer, or break it off with him and just see how bad it is first, then if it is as bad as you thought it would be, then look for another job - do you have friends there that will back you up? you dont want them siding with him and you are alone as the office "*****"...ha!

Honeyrose29
07-30-2003, 06:10 PM
Oh I have missed alot.. 50 lashes for me with a wet feather.

Woe woe.. I cant complain because I did it all yesterday. lol

I dont know if I can do individual replys.. so a big :grouphug: and Im so sorry.

Tonya, congrats for staying OP

Mirabelly - have fun at the fair

Those of you who have dropped some weight :cb: and congrats!

Missy- life is bad enough with one man.. but two?:lol:
Geez girl! You are braver than I! Well actually.. Ive done it too. You'll be much better when you get rid of the one that annoys you. lol Congrats on getting to 150!! Drag me along wouldya?

Glad you got to do your workout today Faye. You just have so much energy.. Im envious :s:

Pam and everyone else.. congrats on your points!! Way to go!!!

For me.. I got 2 for OP, 1 for exercise and 1 for water yesterday.

Breakfast today was Slimfast Cappuccino Delight (i love those)
Lunch was some of the leftover Chicken Creole and one breadstick.
Dinner.. ugh. Making swiss steak for the family. I have no idea what I will eat but it wont be THAT! Well.. lets hope I dont cave!

Beautiful day today. I have cleaned all the parrot cages which is a huge chore. Gave them all a shower (another chore. lol) and cleaned most of my house. I still have the bathrooms left to do and dinner to fix.

I'll check in laterzzz
Hope everyone had a glorious day!
:grouphug:

PheonixRising
07-30-2003, 06:26 PM
Well, I'm just here to respond to a couple of things. Gotta get my 2 cents in, ya know? :lol:

Carri-I know that I'm not Missy, but Fitday is a website. It is free and I love it. I use it to calculate all my food and exercise. It keeps me on track when I use it.

Missy-Get rid of the extra man. #2 as you are calling him. My best friend had this issue. She had a long distance relationship with #2 though and it made it easier to break up with him when necessary. However she had a very hard time breaking up with him anyway. (It took until he was planning to come visit.) I think it is mostly mental in a sense. You have yourself worked up over it and that is a big part of the problem. You will feel a world better when you finally tell him it is over.

Faye-I type my grocery list. :lol: Well, not exactly. I got this checklist off of Women's Day website and I use it. I did change it some though because they ommitted some major things I use. I just copied it into a word program, made the changes and then I just mark off the stuff I need.

Okay, I would love to do replies to everyone but I have to get moving on cooking dinner. So just a big :grouphug: to all. Thanks for all the support ladies, I appreciate it.

mugirl213
07-30-2003, 06:37 PM
Carri - www.fitday.com but looks like Amanda got you covered. I find it pretty handy myself. Allows you to log in all your foods you are eating and calculates the calories for you. Also lets you create custom foods in case your slimfast bar isn't on their database. You can log your weight loss/gain, exercise, food and then get reports on all of it. I really like it too.

Debbie - after the week I had last week...I don't know HOW in tarnation I got back to 150...but it's 150 and a half...lets not forget that dern half! LOL Also sorry for thinking you were at the fair, lol. I keep getting confused on who says what.

Amanda- are you MY best friend posting in secret? LOL she's prolly so sick of hearing me go on about this. I've been stressing for nearly 2 years dealing with 2 guys at christmas, etc. It's driving me mad. But you are prolly right...it IS mental. Maybe I should just set myself a goal. I'm not sure when to shoot for though. Maybe Labor Day b/c I'm going on vacation with my parnets that week and it will give us some time to be apart. He is a bit of a hardass...and I am worried how he'll treat me at work...considering we have the same boss and I think she hates me already...I don't want it getting worse. I do have one good friend here that will stay by my side I think. But the thing is...our office romance is the "unspoken" type thing. Everyone knows, no one talks about it. I just odn't know what to say, you know? "yeah, i don't want to be with you anymore. see ya tomorrow!" :(

thanks girls

TonyaS
07-30-2003, 07:42 PM
I love fitday! see my signature Satine :)

gma22
07-30-2003, 07:45 PM
Missy: I was skimming posts so I am not sure which one you went out with that got nasty about the pizza, but I would tell him to #$%^off! I don't usually say that, but it was the only appropriate thing. What a jerk. Get some backbone girl and tell them both to go to hades. Who needs either one of them? I know, I know, I have a husband and a family etc etc so who am I to talk, but you don't need this and trying to lose weight too. There are nice gentlemen out there that aren't jerks. I know not as many as there used to be, but there are still some. I apologize that my sweet lovable and super gorgeous son is all tied up with the love of his life because he is a wonderful guy. For one thing he loves his mama but she doesn't interfere in his life so I am a terrific mil! I assume so. My sil doesn't seem to have a problem with me. Now his wife, that is another story, but she is a snot and I can say that cause she is my daughter!

To all you other great ladies, thank you for participating so heartily on this thread. It has made it a place to come and know you can get cheered up no matter how down you feel and that was my whole purpose to it. We talk about everything and anything and have fun while we are doing it.

I need to go downstairs and be with my dh. I just came up here to look on the internet for I Love Lucy checks as it is my turn to get to pick the checks! The current ones are Indiana University because Jack LOVESSSSSS their basketball team and their former coach. (He hates Lucy btw, and my office is all in I love lucy stuff including my computer wallpaper, I have a ceramic doll of Lucy as Carmen Miranda and a variety of other stuff.

Have a great evening! Faye

peekabooangel
07-30-2003, 07:47 PM
Wow, I don't know if I can keep up.....chatty things...

Beled: My condolences for your loss, my prayers are with you.

Then onto the next thing I wanted to comment on that not one person has said a thing about. Do I dare???? Yes, I do.....

For my new friend Pam: It does not matter to me what your lifestyle is or anyone elses. I think everyone should count their lucky stars the day they find that special someone that they know is ment for them and know that you want that person to be your lifemate and to know that person feels the same makes it all that much better. So, please feel free to talk about her if you would like, it is part of you and we like you!!!! Hope that puts your mind at ease.

Love ya lots,
Sandy

PS) Since the other Sandy no longer posts I want to use my name please....
;)

PheonixRising
07-30-2003, 07:52 PM
I had to post again and tell you Missy that your best friend and I went to the best friend's school and so did you. If your best friend were in the same situation you are in now you would probably give her the same advice she gave you.

Partly this is because it is easy to know what your best friend should do in any given situation, and partly this is because you love your best friend and you want her to be happy. Here is the thing I want you and all of us to think on: You also need to be your own best friend!!! We all need to be our own best friend. We know what is good for us and what isn't, we just need to listen to ourselves and follow our own advice. How are we going to accomplish anything, including losing weight if we aren't our own best friend too? So learn to love yourself enough to listen to your advice, follow your heart, and treat yourself the way you should be treated. This is something we can all do for ourselves.

crazygrace
07-30-2003, 08:25 PM
hi there ladies!
I have been lurking on this site for a while, finally decided to say "hello" :)
I am looking for a place to give and get support as I wander through this wilderness called "getting fit"!! I will say more about me later, but just wanted to say this seems like a great group and I am hoping to jump in and be a part of it.

Mirabelly
07-30-2003, 09:28 PM
I'm BAAAAACK............Survived the fair, only had two bites of cotton candy from my kids. Woo hoo for me! Ok, I did have an extra big dinner, so I'm probably over for calories. But I walked around for five hours, had a blast! and I fit into all the rides (a small joy). Oh, and it's a good thing I brough 3 whole liters of water, cuz everyone in our group wanted some! Plus it was like an extra workout just lugging the things around.

Mom's here playing dominoes with the kids, so I'm gonna be short. But thanks for the good thoughts, I could feel them all day and it helped to know that there are people who care!

Later,
Julie

Honeyrose29
07-30-2003, 10:05 PM
Crazygrace : Welcome and of course we have room for another! The more the merrier :)

Julie.. so glad you had a good time at the fair. I think the constant walking and toting should make up if you had a big dinner, dont you? :) Sounds like a blast. I really respect you for not caving to the funnel cakes. I know I will! lol

Ok.. we have confused me. Pam/Sandy this is directed to you and everyone else. No matter what lifestyle you lead you should always be yourself and never be ashamed of the beautiful person you are. We are here to get healthy.. and live a healthy lifestyle. All of the other aspects of your life are part of you and can influence your decisions about food.
You are who you are.. and I accept it wholeheartedly. :grouphug:

Dinner tonight.. YUCK.. my swiss steak turned into shoe leather! :sp: DH and kids had McDs tonight after a bout with the leather steak:lol:. I stayed home and made a salad.. and now Im going to go have a skinny cow to top it off!

:dance:

Laterzz girls

gma22
07-31-2003, 06:11 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for us Thursday. Please make time for just yourself today. Do something special for yourself!

Sandy: Boy I am gonna have to get used to this! :lol: I am a badddd friend that I did not even mention it before, but to be honest and weeny out, keeping up with everyone and their names can get me totally confused so I do apologize for not suggesting it to you!

ANNOUNCEMENT: WE ARE NOW GOING TO CALL SANDY, SANDY INSTEAD OF PEEK FROM THIS DAY FORWARD! :lol:

Julie: You are great! Did a great job at the fair and had fun too! I am so glad for you.

Grace: I hope that is your name, because I am not going to refer to you as crazy! :lol: That priviledge around here is reserved for me! :lol: :lol: (if you have read yesterdays posts you understand what I mean) Anyway, it is great to have you here. Please post often we are a fun group!

Pam: woohoo are you working the night shift again?

I need to go back to bed for my hour. I got up to check online and see how much my dh's paycheck was (he had a lot of overtime) and woohoo I can shop now! :lol:

I am going to be running around today so don't know how much posting time. I will try and get your smileys up asap!

I GOT A: :high: for yesterday. Darn garlic cheese bread put me over! It probably evened out actually because I think the same steak Debbie used I had ahold of and we had shoe leather last night too, but I would rather not say I was op.

So back to bed I go for a little while anyway!

Mirabelly
07-31-2003, 08:59 AM
Welcome crazygrace! I think we're all a litle crazy in here....

Hey, I almost forgot to tell you all the best part about the fair. My two girls both won second place ribbons for their artwork! :cb: :cb: It's so cool to see their little faces light up at the sight of those little strips of satin. Of course, my oldest is only in it for the cash :)

Whoever it was that had the leather steak and stayed home from McD's in favor of a salad--Way to go!

I'm giving myself 2 points for yesterday.......for water and exercise. I didn't really do any damage with my food intake, I don't think....but I did go overboard on the roasted potatoes and pork. I weigh in tomorrow morning. Even if I haven't lost any weight this week, I "feel" better, thinner, more in control....and that's the best feeling!

Well, my four year old is trying to wake up grandma by blasting his fire truck siren in her face........better go!:eek:

Julie

Satine
07-31-2003, 10:02 AM
Well literally today is "time for me" Thursday, as my husband will be gone all day and probably well after midnight at an all day concert ( OzzFest ), so I will have all of the "me" time I have been needing lately... I think I will go get one of those lowfat Quizno subs somebody mentioned on here the other day and go buy a book I have been wanting to read...just curl up on the couch and read till I fall asleep ( sounds pretty exciting, huh :lol: :joker: :cb:

I stayed on program yesterday even though I had the lasagna that I made last night, because I didnt have much through out the day...I got these new oatmeal bars for breakfast from Quaker, they are really good, in the granola bar section, I know alot of you told me to eat oatmeal for breakfast but I wasnt liking that too well so this works for me, 4 grams of fat, but a little high on calories - 220 , I am out of fruit so I need to go back to the store, but that probably wont be till the weekend when I get my list together...

Man, have you guys been posting, I am surprised that I dont see a Serious Fun 16, yet :o :D :sp:

Welcome Crazy Grace - what is with the "crazy", I mean we all are a little nutty, I guess you are the first one to have the balls to make it officially known, and make it your title...just joking :lol:
welcome, welcome....

Julie - congrats to your daughters and to you for the fair food, honey I only hope I can do the same, I am going to our state fair in the next couple of weeks and I LOVE the steak on a stick, corndogs, corn with major butter, etc....it will be hard...:goodvibes

Sandy - I will try and remember the "no Peek"!!!;)

Everyone else, Faye, Debbie, Tonya, Pam, Julie, etc...have a good day and talk to y'all later...

oh 2 for op, no water point or exercise...but hey staying OP is most of the battle for me right now so I am proud of that mainly

See ya,
Carri

Honeyrose29
07-31-2003, 11:18 AM
Hi girls!

Yesterday I received 2 pts for OP. I am not giving myself any for water because I didnt make my goal.. and I also didnt exercise for as long as I would have liked to.

Its rainy here in Ohio today which always makes me a little blue. I think I may spend my Time for me by pulling the shades (so I cant see the dreary day), turning up the lights to brighten the room and putting in a really good movie like Fried Green Tomatoes or something equally as girlie ;) Normally I am not a couch potato.. but I just might try it for a little while today. No fatty snacks either. Crystal Light, airpopped popcorn and possibly some carrot sticks for munchies.. if I do munch at all.

Breakfast today was slimfast as usual.

Not much to say.. I hope everyone has a glorious Thursday. Its almost weigh in day!!

Laterzz

pjkdreamer
07-31-2003, 12:03 PM
Good Thursday morning Ladies,

pts for yesterday: 1 pt for water, 1 pt for exercise, not giving myself 2 pts for op (ate more at lunch, than intended...portion distortion you know the :devil: ) but overall a good day ;)

Time for me Thursday...I have to wrk from noon till 8p, but after worker 2 of my coworkers and I are meeting at the local fitness park to walk, last time we planned it it stormed, so hopefully tonight it will be clear so we can go. That is one way I will have Time for me today, and of course whenever I am reading your posts and doing my own, that is always my time because I am doing something to work on improving myself..talking to all of you and catching up everyday is just the highlight of my day, you are all WONDERFUL!!! WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS TODAY, AND TOMORROW AND THE NEXT DAY AND ON AND ON UNTIL WE REACH OUR GOALS, OUR FRIENDLY :drill: FAYE WILL SEE TO IT, FAYE YOU KNOW I THINK YOU ARE JUST "ALL THAT", "AND A BAG OF CHIPS", EVER HEAR THAT RAP SONG GIRL??" OR IN THE PROVERBIAL WORDS OF FOREST GUMP, "WE GOT TOGETHER LIKE PEAS AND CARROTS" seriously, many thanks Faye for starting this group you are the best!!;) :D :lol:

Honeyrose: good for you on your 2pts yesterday!!
:cb: Fried Green Tomatoes is one of my favorite movies, besides did you expect less??? Seeing that I am a "Suthuna", translation Southerner, got to get that "drawl in there", ever see the golden girls?? Blanche Deveraux is my favorite, she is the real Southern belle, I am not that far gone, but she does make me laugh, because I can indentify with her, and the ladies on Designing Women, strong women of courage, intelligent, forthright, I do not care for some portrayals of Southern women that make them out to be frail and "faint", and "dainty", I like women portrayed as real and of "raw determination", like Kathy Bates character in Fried Green Tomatoes, she is a hoot!!! isnt she, okay off my tangent, get me talking about the South, Southern writers, (I love Fannie Flagg, anything she writes, I read it!!, and Pat Conroy, (Prince of Tides, Beach Music, the absolute best), I had the opportunity and the great fortune of meeting him several years ago, and hearing him speak, I got an autographed copy of Prince of Tides, one of my most prized possessions as one would imagine"...okay enough already, the posting police are going to get after me, if I dont cut this shorter!!!:D pm me and we can talk more about books!!!;)

Welcome Crazy Grace!!! We are all glad you are here, stick around you will love it here!!:lol: ;)

To all the rest of you chicklets have a good day!!

TonyaS
07-31-2003, 12:10 PM
Hi ladies, just wanted to wish you happy "time for me Thursday", and hope you all have a great day.

I get 3 points again, no excercise last night, lately for some reason my home life is so hectic!

anyhow, I gotta lotta work to do today, I will try to check in lata. :D

Honeyrose29
07-31-2003, 01:07 PM
Pam I was born and lived in Tennessee on top of a mountain (literally) and with no indoor plumbing (outhouse central :lol: ) until we moved to Ohio when I was 5 yrs old. My parents were born and raised in Tn too.. and the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.

I have the southern accent (and get many comments on it/ people think that I dont realize the way I talk lol) and the southern way. Anyone comes to my house gets fed and offered a place to sleep and I treat others with kindness and respect. Not saying that other people dont do those things.. its just how I was bought up.. you know? I love the Golden girls and watch them every night on Lifetime for an hour. I miss the mountains, the peacefulness, and the soft mountain rains.. but I do not miss having to drive an hour to get to the store or having the roads wash out and being stuck for weeks at home. I dont miss carrying water.. but I do miss the taste of fresh spring freezing cold water running right out of the mountain. I guess we cant have it both ways can we? LOL Actually.. I visit my family a few times a year and thats enough for me. I like where I am with my WalMart 5 min away :dance:

Ok.. I might start on movies and books too.. yikes.. gotta be careful or I'll go on all night!

Ok.. Lion King is over and the TV is mine.. Here I come Idgie Threadgood!

bella27
07-31-2003, 01:15 PM
Hello Ladies!!

Man, everone has been so chatty here lately it is great, I love reading all that you girls have accomplished. Looks like everyone that is doing great on points.

As for me on yesterday, I did pretty well. Got water, exercise and OP.

Honeyrose--Sounds like you have the best idea for Time for me Thursday. I would really like to be a couch potatoe right now. But instead I am working. Oh well

Julie--Congrats on your will power at the fair..That is just great. And also Congrats to your girls. That is just the best feeling to see there little faces so full of satisfaction. I just love to see those smiles on bys boys faces.

But, speaking of those little smiles, I just have to share that my youngest just learned to ties his shoes on Tuesday while I was at work. He is 6 by the way. And he was so very proud of himself, his last major accomplishment to being a "big boy". I have to say I cried.

OK anyways...

Big welcome to crazygrace..you will really like it here all of the ladies are wonderful.

Faye--Thanks for the advise on Alex. He is really pushing me, but I am pushing back so looks like we have a battle of the wills here, and boy is he in for a suprise. He must not know his mother very well.
Also, I am jealous. I want to go shopping too...

Well I too the time for me yesterday since I was off. I went and got my hair cut. And it is very different for me so today everyone is shocked. The BF was probably the worst but he is getting used to it.

Well, big hello to everyone else.

Have a fantastice day...
Sarah

PheonixRising
07-31-2003, 03:05 PM
Woohoo!!! I finally got a couple of points. I drank all of my water yesterday and I got in my exercise. I didn't even blow it on food that bad, but I had some soft serve ice cream last night. Ice cream is my biggest weekness. Today I'm going to stay OP!!! I just had a bowl of yummy 5 Grain hot cereal with raisins and I'm full up. :smug: That will keep me going for quite a while. Now I just have to get this fat butt up and moving.

Time for Me Thursday-well most weeks this is easier than it will be tonight. Hubby normally works 4 days a week M-Th so I get a break on Thursday's, but this week they are chip coating the roads so he is working 5 days. Maybe I'll take a hot bubble bath when he gets home-depends on how worn out he is and rather he can keep our daughter occupied. :shrug: Hard to guess.

:wave: Hello to all!!!! Hope everyone is having a fantastic day.

Satine
07-31-2003, 03:25 PM
Well so far I am having a very good OP day, I did go to FITDAY for the first time and have entered what I have eaten so far...it has came to about 550 calories ( breakfast and lunch ) and about 13 grams of fat...so I am doing well, got enough for dinner and maybe a skinny cow....
Amanda - good job today, keep it up!

Everybody else, how is your day going? Faye you have been quiet today...

Talk to you all later,

Carri :s:

peekabooangel
07-31-2003, 04:52 PM
Okay~Okay, you can call me Peek or Sandy, I will answer to either.:) ;)

I'm glad everyone is having a lovely day. Today is time for you Thursday and do I ever need that. Work today started out bad!!! I got there at 8:30 and by 8:45 I was in tears. Sometimes working with the elderly can be trying on ones nerves, and worse when you have cases you do through state agencys.....do you get the hint? Anyway, my boss the lovey she is called the man back and gave him a piece of her mind and said the case is closed!!! Then she wanted me and the girl who was staffed there to go out to lunch on her, but there just was not time to do that today. What a sweet heart she is. Then I get home and get a letter from my baby boy, remember he is 11 and away at camp. Well the letter was written on Tuesday and it begged me to come and get him that he was having a horrible time. So, I am sitting here hoping that things got better since no one has called. If I get up there and my baby tells me he asked them to call me so he could come home and they did not, I WILL BE ONE :mad: :mad: :mad: MOMMY!!!! This is his 3rd year at camp and has always loved it, so it's not like he was being a baby ane being homesick or anything. So tomorrow could be a bad one again.....Mothers and their cubs you know, that animal instinct kicks in.

Okay I groanded and moaned enough. Hope everyone elses day is better than that....

Hugs to you all,
Sandy a/k/a Peek

mugirl213
07-31-2003, 06:21 PM
OK this is kinda a late post, so I guess better than never right? Right! I just go back from going to the courthouse to apply for my passport, I guess I am really going to do this! :D Go to Ireland that is. My friend asked me the other day why I was going...I was like...WHY NOT? I am 25, single, no mortgage to worry about, no kids...what better time to travel to a foreign country! I think she's just jealous :smug: !

Anyway to catch up on my back logging of posts...

Faye - I actually did tell off my #2 regarding the pizza comment. It really hurt my feelings and just made me feel like total :censored: :bomb: And let me tell you...this guy is not Mr. Universe himself. He says that he is just supporting me. Yet he KNOWS what I am trying to do and he knows that it's hard. Another comment he made annoyed me too. The other day when I was faced with the chocolate covered pretzel dilema (and finally gave in) he said to me...no will power, huh? And I said, NO, actually I DO have willpower. I'm calculating this into my diet today to ALLOW for it. GRRR men! But last night we had a little fight and I told him where he could shove his pizza comments!
The thing is, my #1 is a TOTAL sweetheart. He has been nothing but supportive of my quest and actually if anything..I nag him about going to the gym. :o because he is slightly overweight. I know, how terrible is that? But it's so easy to become like obsessed with this! I just need to tell myself to :nono: calm down! Anyway, thanks for the advice...I just didn't want you to think that both of my guys are losers...One is good, he's going to Ireland. The other one...I just gotta figure out how to dump before then! Oh and my points for yesterday are a big 4!

Amanda - You are right about being your own best friend. I've come to the conlcusion that this situation is like most others in my life in that I have to hit rock bottom before I can pick myself up. I just wish I couldn't so that I could get the strength to dump this jerk! I almost sound like a battered wife in saying that I know he loves me and I know he'll get better...when in my heart...I wonder DOES he love ME and WILL he get better? *sigh* :shrug: It's just so hard. But thank you for your love and support.

crazygrace - a belated welcome to you! :joker: :cb: :cp: :hat:

Mental note...peek now Sandy...fixed! Sorry peek! Err Sandy!
:doh: Doh!

Carri - Ok your hubby is actually paying to see ozzy? I feel a little bad for him (Ozzy) after his MTV show...he's just soooo out of it, it's not even funny! But at least you get a little peach today!

Debbi - Just wanted to give a little hello to my girl! :flow1: And say good job on your progress! Keep up the good work! Or I'll kick your butt! :sumo:

And I THINK that about does it! :encore: Thank you very much.!!!

I am off now to finish out the day here at work, then meeting my mommy for Chinese dinner (and ATTEMPTING) to find something healthy! Then meeting my #1 for a movie :corn: and we're taking mom too. FOr some reason she wants to go see Tomb Raider. LOL Hope she's amused...and hopefully #1 won't be :love: with Angelina Jolie on the screen for 2 hours!

Bye guys and good luck for lbs down Friday!

crazygrace
07-31-2003, 06:32 PM
hey everyone,
thanks for the welcome! forgive me if it takes a while to get all the names/faces/stories straight....there is so much going on in here:)
about my name...my real name is shauna...crazygrace is both my nickname (crazy gracie) and a reference to the fact that grace itself is sorta crazy...it just makes no sense!! :angel:
I've been working at losing weight and getting healthy for a while. I started at 210# and am down to about 155# now. Goal is 135#. I don't mess around with scales :D but do keep track by clothes fitting etc. and an occasional weigh-in :p at the doctor. I am 39 years old (for exactly 2 more days and hanging on!!), am married and work in the entertainment business with a lot of size zero women... :rolleyes:

Faye...you can be the crazy if you like :lol: I will just be plain old cg...ha ha

Julie...anyone who passes up mcd for a salad is awesome in my book. I know mickeys place is baaaad, but I can't resist the french fry action

Carri...I really like quizno's low fat sandwiches for a break myself. hope you enjoyed it.

Okay, I have to get back to work now, but thanks again for the welcome and I will be baaaack :)

cg

gma22
07-31-2003, 09:16 PM
IF'N YOU CAME TO SIT A SPELL AND JAW, YOU'INS JUST MISSED US'EN BUT Y'ALL CAN COME ON OVER AND VISIT AT THE NEIGHBOR'S PLACE, #16!