Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-26-2014, 09:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/ 280/ 145

Height: 5'7"

Default Weight Loss and Nursing School... am I crazy???

Hello all,

I am a 24 year old nursing student who has struggled with my weight for 24 years. I have "dieted" since middle school with varying success. I have not weighed under 200lbs since my freshman year of high school and I desperately want to change that! I currently weigh in at 275 lbs

Like I have before, I will be Calorie counting with daily weigh ins. I have a HUGE time issue and I am not yet sure what I will be able to do exercise wise. I do have a fitbit and try to reach 10,000 steps a day and burn 2,800 calories each day. even with reaching this goal daily I haven't seen any results and can only assume it is my diet! I have calorie counter and the lose it app, so I have all the tools in place. I simply need to carry them through. (Like that is a simple thing to do!)

My biggest problem seems to be loosing motivation (usually with my monthly cycle) and not sticking with it. I am also hoping to find a good support system with this site. My big goal is to reach 145 lbs, but I know that I also need small, frequent goals to keep me on track. I haven't set a mini goal yet, but I am still finalizing my plan. If anyone has any tips, suggestions, etc. I will be more than happy to hear them!

I look forward to getting to know everyone and supporting each other through this journey!

-H
hrr6030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/300/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi, I am new too. Being busy will help you. Congrats on starting school. Being in college was wonderful. Good luck.
Fanci7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 365/223/165

Height: 5'6"

I'm thinking that during your monthly, the blood loss makes you weak and therefore hungrier, maybe a blood sugar drop during that time? When your body is "working against you" it makes that much more difficult. Perhaps adjust your food selection and intake during that time in order to address your needs then?
Michelle Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Do not give up !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote