Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 06:29 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Weekend Chat Sat 8/22 - Sun 8/23/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-23-2014, 07:09 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Good morning!

Looks like I may be running in the rain this morning, it's pretty overcast here. Oh well. I have noticed lately that I can predict my weight almost to the ounce before I step the scale. Guess it is a good thing I that I'm getting to know my body and it will help for maintenance. Anyone else notice this?
Have a great Saturday.
Old 08-23-2014, 07:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone

Sunny and warm here at Disney LOL

DH & DS are off to golf today. I think I will meet up with my Mom and do a bit of shopping. This afternoon we are in Hollywood Studios then dinner tonight off site. DH wanted to go to Tony Roma's since he loves it and there is not one by home.

Still doing good for me. Last night I ordered my steak without butter.....was delivered to me with butter, I sent it right back! Came out perfect the 2nd time.

3 more days of vacation left. 10 was a lot this early in my program lol. Oh well threw me right into bad eating situations and I figured things out.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 132/123.8/115

Height: 5' 3

I am the exact same way. I can look at my belly and just know. Very strange.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:57 AM   #5  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily tip

Edited for IP:

If you go to a party this weekend, and skip off-plan foods, and think, “It’s not fair I can’t eat normally,” you’re going to feel badly. It is time to put fairness into perspective.
  • I chose this plan
  • I probably wasn't eating normally anyway (normal for your body would mean you're a healthy weight for your body)
  • I have choices. I can
    • Give up & stay this weight (or gain more)
    • Diet on & off and mostly be a higher weight than I want
    • Accept the fact that dieting isn't always fair and move on, continuing what is needed to lose weight.
If you stick to plan and make sure to bring an IP snack and think, “It’s great that I can eat IP treats and still lose weight, good for me for sticking to my plan!” then you’re going to feel much better. This weekend, pay attention to what you say to yourself!
Old 08-23-2014, 10:12 AM   #6  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

SG: this is such a great NSV for you! And good practice using will power and making good choices for when you are in maintenance!

Lisa: Great quote! And so true!

For my Saturday musing (haha) I was just thinking how easy this diet really is when you focus on doing the right things. My biggest challenge though has been cooking for my family. I do make them protein and veggies for dinner but not every night. So, I also make things that I can't have: mashed potatoes, etc. I'm not tempted to eat these things anymore but I find it hard to cook without tasting. LOL. Are the noodles done? Do the mashed potatoes need salt? That has been my biggest challenge. So far, I have just been having my son taste test it before I serve it. LOL.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 181.8/goal weight 135

Height: 4'10

Love you post Lisa

Someone post zucchini recipe it was very good and I cannot find it. I sliced zucchini add 1 pack of stevia and a little cinnamon and cooked on the stove. Very easy and got my 1st 2 cups of veggie in. I have a very hard time with the veggies and the water. I think that is why my weight loss is not as high as most peoples. But I'll keep trying.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:56 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondamarie View Post
Someone post zucchini recipe it was very good and I cannot find it. I sliced zucchini add 1 pack of stevia and a little cinnamon and cooked on the stove. Very easy and got my 1st 2 cups of veggie in. I have a very hard time with the veggies and the water. I think that is why my weight loss is not as high as most peoples. But I'll keep trying.
Zucchini apples!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4810801-post110.html

Leave out the soy puffs & the recipe can be microwaved (or cooked on the stovetop) instead.
I sometimes use both pancake syrup and caramel syrup & I don't use extra splenda.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:37 PM   #9  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

SG Realtor, what a great set of posts from you! That is so difficult, to be surrounded by food, and people eating food in the park right in front of you, and yet being so secure in choices you are making. Hats off to you!!!

I'm taking a big trip to the UK later in the year, I won't be at goal yet, and your posts give me hope, I can do this! I am planning on phasing off before I leave, and making breakfast my larger meal of the day (within Ph 3 and 4 guidelines) and following Ph 4 for lunch and dinner while there. I'm a transplanted Brit, and I love British breakfasts, and staying at a B&B with breakfast included. Not renting a car, walking or taking public transportation everywhere so that will be a help to me.

Which brings me to my current dilemma. I'm losing nicely, staying on plan (with alternatives) and would like to incorporate an evening walk, but right now I just don't think I can. I feel ok on this plan, but have zero energy in the evening. I live in a very hilly neighborhood, either direction I walk away from my house I hit hills, nothing flat, so it would be a little strenuous. Has anyone else felt like this, very little "extra" energy but yet pushed through and added a walk?

I want to have been walking quite a bit before I go on my trip, so I am acclimated to making walking my sole source of transportation, which it will be while I'm on vacation.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Tuscany123: Re: your request for the alteration website.

http://www.cottonandcurls.com/2012/1...legs-tutorial/
Old 08-23-2014, 01:49 PM   #11  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat1015 View Post
SG: For my Saturday musing (haha) I was just thinking how easy this diet really is when you focus on doing the right things. My biggest challenge though has been cooking for my family. I do make them protein and veggies for dinner but not every night. So, I also make things that I can't have: mashed potatoes, etc. I'm not tempted to eat these things anymore but I find it hard to cook without tasting. LOL. Are the noodles done? Do the mashed potatoes need salt? That has been my biggest challenge. So far, I have just been having my son taste test it before I serve it. LOL.
Fortunately, I've managed to cook and bake all my families favourites. It's getting harder maybe because I'm closer to actually eating some of them again. I bite into the noodle and spit it out. My husband adds too much salt to everything after I cook so I don't tend to use it much when I cook. Where I am disappointed in myself is that I haven't forced my veggie require my on the family. They should be learning better habits. I hardly ate any veggies before this and my kids eat virtually none. It will be very easy yo stop cooking them in maintenance because nobody will care. More and more I see I will need a lot of discipline for phase 4 than I even did in phase 1
Old 08-23-2014, 02:01 PM   #12  

Today was my first weigh in. I lost 5 pounds, though am surprised it wasn't more as I am quite overweight and a lot of posts seem to show large losses in the beginning.

I followed the program and never cheated. I am down about 6 inches overall too, but my biggest concern is my lean body mass decreased and my total fat percentage increased. I didn't really get a clear answer from my coach as to ho my body fat percentage could increase.

Thoughts? I know it is the first week, I just need to focus but I am confused from my results.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:02 PM   #13  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Tuscany123: Re: your request for the alteration website.

http://www.cottonandcurls.com/2012/1...legs-tutorial/
Thanks CatLady!!!
Old 08-23-2014, 02:20 PM   #14  
IP start date: 6/23/14

S/C/G: 294/202/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGirl79 View Post
Today was my first weigh in. I lost 5 pounds, though am surprised it wasn't more as I am quite overweight and a lot of posts seem to show large losses in the beginning.

I followed the program and never cheated. I am down about 6 inches overall too, but my biggest concern is my lean body mass decreased and my total fat percentage increased. I didn't really get a clear answer from my coach as to ho my body fat percentage could increase.

Thoughts? I know it is the first week, I just need to focus but I am confused from my results.
We don't weigh muscle mass at my clinic...basically if we are losing inches we are doing something right. But I'm guessing that it isn't that you gained FAT...its just if your muscle mass to fat mass was 40% to 60% (just throwing random numbers out there...I don't know what they would normally be)...if you lost muscle mass you might go down to maybe 35% which leaves 65% left over to be fat mass. I don't know if that makes sense but it isn't that you are gaining fat...the percentages just changed.

From what I think I have read on here though, the muscle/fat measurements aren't always accurate.

WTG on Losing 6 pounds in a week! Honestly, most of the big losses in the beginning are mostly water weight so if you didn't have a lot of water retention you might not see the HUGE number in the beginning that you were expecting but 6 pounds is pretty significant! And better yet 6 INCHES...in a WEEK!

Stick with it, this diet really does work!
Old 08-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #15  

Thanks Nat 1015 that does make some sense. And yes I don't have a lot of water weight. In fact my hydration levels are really good and have never been one t retain water. My clothes are loose, I have more energy and feel pretty good. I also had a rough personal week dealing with a bad breakup so that too puts stress on the body. I am just going to stick to the plan and let my body adjust and do what it needs to do
Closed Thread