Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-19-2014, 12:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 292.4/292.4/??

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi from a newbie

Hi everyone!

My name's Elizabeth, I'm 46, single, no kids, but I have two nieces that I adore . I've felt overweight from about the time I was 10, so 36 years is a pretty long time to have to think (and many times, beat myself up over) about my weight on a daily basis.

I have done WW three times in the last 18 years. By August 2012, I reached 102lbs lost, and felt so joyful. It was my first real substantial weight loss, and I had no doubt that I would be "thin" in no time.

Well, as with many things in life, I had a pretty emotional situation that happened that same month, and it began, at first, a slow increase in my weight. Things escalated in the last year, and in two years I've gained back 70 of the 102 pounds I'd lost.

I'm trying hard to get my motivation back but have been struggling with that for the better part of the last year. Sometimes, having to lose this much weight can feel overwhelming. I am hoping to meet some people that are interested in sharing their journey and struggles, and become part of each other's cheering sections.

Well, thanks for reading my intro post!
Elizabeth
3positivesaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

Hi Elizabeth, welcome

There are a lot of people here with all kinds of struggles, many probably similar to your own, so its a good place to vent/share/support.

As for motivation, if I were you I'd look at that fact that you KNOW you can lose because you've done it. Sure you gained some back, but there's no use beating yourself up over that. You know you can do it now because you've already done it once

We're not so different really. I'm 44, single, no kids with nieces/nephews. I don't remember feeling overweight as young as 10, but maybe from about 14ish. I've never been the small girl in the bunch and for decades I told myself I was just meant to be big. That gave me permission to eat horribly and a lot! Why not? I was going to be big anyway, I might as well enjoy myself right? Then 6 months ago, I finally reached the point of "that's enough" when I was *this* close to hitting 300 pounds. That 300 number freaked me out enough to snap out of it and make some decisions to get healthier. Not thin or skinny - healthy. And now, 81 pounds later, I still have a ways to go, but I AM healthier and I AM stronger, though I'm not thin/skinny. I don't think when I reach my goal weight of 154 that I'll be thin, but I'll be fit and that's my ultimate goal.

Take a look around the forum threads. There are some good ones if you're looking to find people at your stage of the process or maybe to find ideas of how to alter your eating to fit your needs. There's no one answer for everyone, but there are a lot of things to try to find what works for you.

Glad you're here
Laura

Last edited by LesMillsLuvr; 08-19-2014 at 04:03 PM.
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 226/226/210

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Elizabeth. My name is Elizabeth, too. I have also lost a significant amount of weight twice in recent years and have gained it back. I've decided this time is the keeper. I am tired of having to re-lose the same pounds and won't let it happen again.

Your being here means you're ready to do something about it. I say we kick this weight to the curb once and for all.

Welcome to the forums!
Liz46 is offline   Reply With Quote